New to an SRT, not Mopar

rtmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North side Columbia River @ Portland, Oregon
Hello all.

I bought my 1st Dodge back in '84, a '68 Coronet R/T. It's been pretty much mopar or no car after that.
Ever since I found out they were putting the automatic in the SRT 10, I've wanted one. I'm a paraplegic so my gear rowing days are over. We had a down payment saved up for one back in '05 but found out the 401k I cashed in was gonna eat us up in taxes at the end of the year.

Fast forward to last weekend. We bought a '03 Hemi Sport 2wd new. It was paid off with low miles. My wife totaled it last Saturday, the girls were alright, just real sore.

So I've been on the 'net all week looking for an SRT 10. There sure seems to be a lot of them in Texas, not many up here in the NW. So we took the payout & bought an '05 with 50,500 miles. I can mark this off my bucket list.

I know what the "search" feature is & how to use it so I shouldn't get on too many old timers' nerves. This place is SRT 10 faster than the other one I joined back in '05.

Yeah, they all look the same. But this one's different, it's MINE. :rock:

1aad4350.jpg

b726ddc7.jpg

086768e4.jpg

This is what we replaced. Don't look bad, does it? Problem is both frame rails in front of the suspension are @ 90 degree angles' & both air bags deployed.

I don't see many SRT 10 trucks with the body colored bug shield. Is that like some kind of super secret option that's not suppose to be added?

Why...because the truck has too much HP & they'd just fly off, lol?

P1015285-1.jpg

P1015286-1.jpg

Welcome and great looking srt-10 you have! Glad to hear that no one was hurt in the accident. Mine has a colour matched bug sheild, no problems with it so far lol

Back