New to the club

beastinside

Reaction score
Proud owner of a "brand new" 2005 SRT-10 Quad Cab. 64k miles. No mods that I know of, gonna request the build sheet from Dodge. Before I get started listing all the things I would like to do to my truck, I have to ask a serious question. Are there any mods that will increase my gas mileage? Definitely gonna be an expensive trip to bike week at 9mpg haha. I love what I've seen so far from this forum and look forward to being a part of it.

Attachments

• 20150408_072553.jpg
    20150408_072553.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 80
Tuning, our manual trans conversion, lightweight driveshaft, intake, exhaust, basically all bolt ons and you'll see a decent increase. If you have a lead foot forget about it. Lmao I average 18mpg highway and around 12 city in my 4 dough :)

Welcome!
You can go to any Dodge dealer and they can print you the build sheet right there for free if you didn't know. Also, Scott's right with the mpg fix. 6 speed is the only viable solution.

You bought the wrong truck if your speaking of gas millage...We don't get MPGs, We get SPGs....Smiles Per Gallon...Plus with the price drop gas is about free!!

Welcome from Philly

Where at in NJ ?....I see you still have Pa inspection stickers

Tuning, our manual trans conversion, lightweight driveshaft, intake, exhaust, basically all bolt ons and you'll see a decent increase. If you have a lead foot forget about it. Lmao I average 18mpg highway and around 12 city in my 4 dough :)

Thanks for the tips..I definitely have a lead foot though lol.

Welcome from the NW..I heard you can increase your mpg by coasting on downhills in neutral...;)

Is an extended warranty a good idea for our truck?

64,500 miles

So far the best quote I've gotten is $4300 for 3 yrs 36K miles, bumper to bumper (everything except wear and tear parts). On my previous vehicle my warranty definitely save me a few grand.

What kind of repairs have you all experienced in the 70-100K mile range, were the repairs costly enough to make the warranty worth it?

I personally think the warranty is a waste unless it is a Chrysler one. I had an aftermarket one for 5 yr 50k and it was hell every time anything happened. They constantly searched for an out. I eventually got most things paid but they would short labor hours. Last repair bill was for just under a grand AFTER the warranty paid their part. My dealer worked with me and I paid a couple hundred.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back