New to VTCOA

The old ones with the pedals that push straight down are really weird. I'm used to the ones that throw forward -

uhhh huhhh moms toyota. Sure

Well it was moms Corolla since the bus thing was when I was about 14 years old .. but hey mom did teach me in the same parking lot where the bus was hahaha !

Right! And probably a three on the tree? That's what my first car was. 68 valiant 225 slant six. Indestructible :D

Dad taught me to drive in a 1960s CJ5 - my very fondest memories! I sure miss my Dad. He was a great Dad and a super good friend.

Right! And probably a three on the tree? That's what my first car was. 68 valiant 225 slant six. Indestructible :D
I had a 340 dodge demon with a 3 on the tree .. was really odd they did that . But the car was fast until I blew the motor

It was trying to get out of the snow bank the snow plow blocked me in with in Virginia ,those crappy type of shitters just couldn’t keep up with the RPM hahaha.
Then again a Mr. Gasket slap shifter took out a rod on another 340 I owned on Boulder Highway outside of Las Vegas . It decided to not make the full throttle shift to 2nd and knock knock who’s there came to visit hahaha . It continued to run for about 3 weeks till I got the new motor installed but damn that loud ass knocking was annoying hahaha ! My younger days were fun and expensive hahaha !

Funny! Sounds expensive and probably lots of fun. Being young has its benefits :cool:

Funny! Sounds expensive and probably lots of fun. Being young has its benefits :cool:
Live and learn , sow the wild oats .. I did get a 360 cid to replace the 340 cid using all the 340 parts as most everything is a direct bolt on between them . More cubes equals more tongue and power.
You just have to make sure the mechanic gets everything connected properly like the transmission kick down linkage … wholly crap .. headed back East late night and a guy pulled along side me on the highway with his challenge .. hit the gas and a big under hood flash when the 6 pack secondaries opened . Sounded like the engine blew . It didn’t , but it was an intake backfire cause by the transmission kick down linkage disconnecting ..

Then you learn to work on your own stuff, right!!

if you want something done right, .....

Do it yerself! :cool:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back