New truck?

If anything goes wrong with my 10 it only cost me $200.00, it's called an extended warranty. My 10 is paid for so $30,000. could buy a lot of HP & Bling. No substitute for cubic inches. But, different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your new ride.

Thats great that you have a warranty but the "no substitute for cubic inches" statement is old with all the new technology out there where 2.0 4cyl's make 400HP and so on :dontknow::dontknow:But yes different strokes for different folks.......

If anything goes wrong with my 10 it only cost me $200.00, it's called an extended warranty. My 10 is paid for so $30,000. could buy a lot of HP & Bling. No substitute for cubic inches. But, different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your new ride.

Oh I'm not knocking the 10! I loved every minute of it.

Last edited:
Truck looks killer, good luck and enjoy, keep us posted on any mods you do......What do you think of it?????

I love it , but I'm still in the puppy love phase. I really want to pro charge it but have concerns with proven builds as of yet.

I had a 2012 R/T, loved it!!!! But I love my '14 Cummins more haha. You will have fun with it, slap a turbo on it and boost the hell out of it!!

Last edited:
Thats great that you have a warranty but the "no substitute for cubic inches" statement is old with all the new technology out there where 2.0 4cyl's make 400HP and so on :dontknow::dontknow:But yes different strokes for different folks.......

It's a totally100% true statement, apply the same technology to two different size engines and the larger displacement wins every time.....

I love it , but I'm still in the puppy love phase. I really want to pro charge it but have concerns with proven builds as of yet.

I would be concerned about the ProCharger voiding your factory warranty. A tune and some lowering coils would be my first mods. Truck looks great - one of the best factory wheels I have seen lately.

I'm about to put a Procharger on a '14 Ram. I will post up some pics when it's done.

I would be concerned about the ProCharger voiding your factory warranty. A tune and some lowering coils would be my first mods. Truck looks great - one of the best factory wheels I have seen lately.

Just curious about this as I have been told that putting an aftermarket tune on a vehicle will void the warranty. I have also been told that even if you remove the tune and go back to stock that they will be able to determine that a tune had previously been installed, any truth to this?

Just curious about this as I have been told that putting an aftermarket tune on a vehicle will void the warranty. I have also been told that even if you remove the tune and go back to stock that they will be able to determine that a tune had previously been installed, any truth to this?

A lot of newer cars have the capability to know when it's been tuned now. So you have to be more careful than in the past

It's true. However, the dealer can have a big impact on the manufacturer when they are deciding what they will or will not warranty. Knowing that, I asked my dealer about having an EFI Live tune written for my Duramax. They basically said that they would go to bat for me as long as I kept the tuning / mods mild.

I have heard so many different things about breaking in an engine. Any thoughts?
I ALWAYS have an opinion. I'd drive the thing like I stole it.

Last edited:
That's a sharp truck, how do you like the 8speed. I've always been told to break it in like you plan to use it.

Although a would prefer to row my own gears, the 8 speed is smooth and very responsive . I'm a happy camper right now but will admit it could use a few more ponies.

Although a would prefer to row my own gears, the 8 speed is smooth and very responsive . I'm a happy camper right now but will admit it could use a few more ponies.

Give it a chance... I have had two brand new Hemi's (5.7, 6.4)in the past two years and both of them felt like they gained about 50HP after about 3,000 miles. They seem to be purposely de-tuned during break-in.

I too have heard that dealerships can now tell if a tune has been changed and then put back to stock. The comment I heard was based on a ford vehicle so I don't know if Ram is doing the same thing so the best thing to do is ask the dealership - or better yet get it in writing. If not voiding the warranty is an issue I would leave it stock until the warranty runs out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back