New Wing Design

Which type of Wing do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a tailgate wing, love the way it looks

11348387_804636409635661_1215623846_n.jpg

11355992_840272556026214_1431198941_n.jpg

Took mine off and need to sell it

I think that it may be beneficial to spend a little time brushing up on aerodynamics. The functions of wings and spoilers are very different. I get the idea that you want the end result to be functional and not just look cool or you'd be designing a "wing" for a honda.

While the factory spent a ton of time and resources perfecting the original wing, it's not to say that you have to spend millions to get an idea of air flow nor do you have to do anything silly on the interstate at 130mph. You can put together a makeshift wind tunnel fairly easily (and it's crazy fun to play with). Materials depend on budget but give some thought in the realm of wood frame, dry erase marker board sheets (I think they're 4x8 at home depot), and cheap box fans. Of course, if you have a friend with an airboat that's even better.

You can also do some virtual simulation of wings (not sure about spoilers) with xwing. It works really well with rhino3d. You should be able to get a pretty good idea of real generated down force for X speed.

I think that it may be beneficial to spend a little time brushing up on aerodynamics. The functions of wings and spoilers are very different. I get the idea that you want the end result to be functional and not just look cool or you'd be designing a "wing" for a honda.

While the factory spent a ton of time and resources perfecting the original wing, it's not to say that you have to spend millions to get an idea of air flow nor do you have to do anything silly on the interstate at 130mph. You can put together a makeshift wind tunnel fairly easily (and it's crazy fun to play with). Materials depend on budget but give some thought in the realm of wood frame, dry erase marker board sheets (I think they're 4x8 at home depot), and cheap box fans. Of course, if you have a friend with an airboat that's even better.

You can also do some virtual simulation of wings (not sure about spoilers) with xwing. It works really well with rhino3d. You should be able to get a pretty good idea of real generated down force for X speed.

thanks for the info. I have been brushing up on aerodynamics. I have Solidworks with have Flow-Simulation included. I also work at an engineering firm with one mechanical engineer being a Gear-Head like me ha. We could try and set up some sort of simulation. I would just need a 3D model of a 3rd Gen Ram. :rock:

Hey, beautiful truck you have! Clean af
Where'd you get the wing? I wanna put it on my silver stallion :D

I believe bad snake is selling a wing identical or similar to this one.

Click on the word "here" in your quote

WHAT KIND OF WING DO YOU HAVE? DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS WITH THE TAIL GATE DOWN? I LOAD MY BIKE UP SOMETIMES AND NEED ROOM FOR A RAMP.

Is your CAPS LOCK broken?? every post of yours is caps locked. Sorry but it makes it tough to read.

WHAT KIND OF WING DO YOU HAVE? DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS WITH THE TAIL GATE DOWN? I LOAD MY BIKE UP SOMETIMES AND NEED ROOM FOR A RAMP.

Contact Bad Snake, he is selling a similar one. That was a while back so he may not have it any more.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back