New

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a guy that is selling at TT. You might be able to get a good deal on.

LitemUp said:
There is a guy that is selling at TT. You might be able to get a good deal on.

That would be sweet but I'm not about to spend $40K-$50K on it. I'm sure it's worth it but not for me.

Supercharged or super low mileage stock. Same price for either one. What would you pick and why?

wouldn't touch anything with hennessey's name on it lol seen to many horror stories of his work and these trucks.

redice2 said:
wouldn't touch anything with hennessey's name on it lol seen to many horror stories of his work and these trucks.

:dito: You'll end up putting 15k into a motor build sooner or later.... most likely sooner. Stick around for a while, and do your research. There are killer deals popping up on here all the time. If you get one from somebody here, you'll know exactly what you're getting.

Mines supercharged;) It can be yours if the price is right:D

If it is supercharged and a daily driver make sure the engine is forged before you buy other wise it will go boom one day.
If it was me and I had the money I would do a NA build with strikers just imo. Also tranny upgrades are needed if significant power is added as well.
Have fun they are great just cost more than a gf:D :D :D :D :D :D

Best advice anyone can give you is to post what you're considering buying here if your buying something outside of this forum, that way everyone can let you know and maybe someone will even know some history on it!...The best bet is to buy a truck off here!

Troy's QC SRT said:
Best advice anyone can give you is to post what you're considering buying here if your buying something outside of this forum, that way everyone can let you know and maybe someone will even know some history on it!...The best bet is to buy a truck off here!

Ok, sounds good. I did make an offer on the low mileage one and we settled on a price. Started to get quotes from haulers to have it delivered and something told me to check the carfax. Found out it's been hit in the front with the air bags being deployed. No thank you on that one.

Here's the supercharged one I'm thinking about. Any members in Houston?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1781364807.html

Picked the truck up. Very nice. Got an amazing 33 mpg on the return trip home (of course that was disconnecting 5 spark plug wires :p ). I feel the truck lacks in power but I'm still reading up on these trucks and finding out information like "torque management" and how that affects the performance.

NettlesD said:
Picked the truck up. Very nice. Got an amazing 33 mpg on the return trip home (of course that was disconnecting 5 spark plug wires :p ). I feel the truck lacks in power but I'm still reading up on these trucks and finding out information like "torque management" and how that affects the performance.

You bought the Hennessey truck after reading the posts in this thread????:eek: .............maybe you will luck out and the original owner already fixed all the problems..:dontknow: ........though your statement "I feel the truck lacks in power...." tells me you are in a world of poop....:(

I hope u got a gr8 truck that doesnt cause you problems.... I will say anything with "power adders" be careful with stickin your foot knee deep in it. Drive it and work out the kinks first. All vehicles come with them. Also i hope yuo got a killer deal! There are "lots" of killer deals on this forum. Trust me, I just bought one 3 weeks ago after some extensive negotiating that eventually worked in my budget. Now the truck is being delivered to my house today via reliable carriers inc. NC to WA, inclosed trailer, 5 million insurance for $2300.

Anyways WELCOME! Another happy dude added to the mix

BTW, 33 mpg is BS! your truck is already screwing you! You might want to pop the hood to see if you really have a 10 or is it a transfromed hemi or even a V-6 under there

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
You bought the Hennessey truck after reading the posts in this thread????:eek: .............maybe you will luck out and the original owner already fixed all the problems..:dontknow: ........though your statement "I feel the truck lacks in power...." tells me you are in a world of poop....:(

True, but I see others on here with the same paxton supercharger so..... It's suppose to have 540 rwhp but I honestly can't tell it but then again I'm not so sure I would even know what 540 rwhp is suppose to feel like. Smoke first, smoke second, get sideways....how should one of these trucks run?

Malbe72 said:
BTW, 33 mpg is BS! your truck is already screwing you! You might want to pop the hood to see if you really have a 10 or is it a transfromed hemi or even a V-6 under there

That was tongue and cheek in that statement. Maybe I should go count that plug wires again. :D

NettlesD said:
True, but I see others on here with the same paxton supercharger so..... It's suppose to have 540 rwhp but I honestly can't tell it but then again I'm not so sure I would even know what 540 rwhp is suppose to feel like. Smoke first, smoke second, get sideways....how should one of these trucks run?

That was tongue and cheek in that statement. Maybe I should go count that plug wires again. :D

count by the 2's....2, 4, 6, 8,....shit, I ALREADY COUNTED THOSE TWO.....DAMNIT! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back