Next performance mod?

Fit95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I need help choosing the next 4-5 mods for my truck, and the order for getting them. I have an 06 RC with K@N drop in, Magnaflow cat-back with X-Metal catless mids. I have been reading the forum for a while and have read many opinions in many directions - from reflash, to NA, to supercharged. Help me out guys and let me in on what will get me the most hp in the right order. I'm in the midwest and do not know of any good shops that work on these specifically.

Damn, what a open ended question.

I'm sure most will agree with me. What is the final outcome you are looking for?:dontknow: You need to have that in mind and build towards that end result you want.

X-Metal Gen IV shifter, Centerforce clutch with supporting hydraulics, ported throttle body, heads, cam, forged bottom end, supercharger, meth injection, etc.

That ought to keep you busy for a while.:D

Gary Virgin is your regional wrench. He is in Evansville, IN, and a supporting vendor of this site. Call him as see what he says.

As silver said...get the final goal and stick with it. Don't get a CAI if your getting a blower later on...or dont get gears if your getting a new axle..etc..

I would get things that can 'lead-up' to final mods. So if you have a blower end result, then get clutch kit, hydraulics, 170-t stat, etc..

I want as much from this truck as I can get while still being able to drive it daily. That should limit some of the mods. I have modifed every vehicle that i have owned and i don't want to be working on it constantly. I also live in the midwest where the temps get way down. I never drive it in the snow or when there is ice or gravel on the road, but i know that the compressors need heat in the cold to operate. I should clarify more - headers are a no brainer, but then which ones? I heard that the reflash is an o my god for the QCs but not worth the money for the RCs. Beyond that I am interested in any ideas or gameplans that i can get.

Fit95 said:
Hey guys. I need help choosing the next 4-5 mods for my truck, and the order for getting them. I have an 06 RC with K@N drop in, Magnaflow cat-back with X-Metal catless mids. I have been reading the forum for a while and have read many opinions in many directions - from reflash, to NA, to supercharged. Help me out guys and let me in on what will get me the most hp in the right order. I'm in the midwest and do not know of any good shops that work on these specifically.

If you go forced induction go to Performance by Joe in Saint Loius. Joe Donovan is the best at tuning the Viper motored cars and trucks, races his own nitrous fed Viper. Myself, Justin of JMB Performance, ViperTruck2933 (he did heads and cam) as well as a few others swear by him!!

I too live in the midwest and drove 10.5 hours, it was worth the drive!! You wont be dissapointed.

I have been very surprised with the flash on my R/C ... more power idle is smother higher redline. I have had much better results with the flash for my R/C then the Q/C.

VNM PWRD said:
I have been very surprised with the flash on my R/C ... more power idle is smother higher redline. I have had much better results with the flash for my R/C then the Q/C.

What do you base your "more power" comment on?

"Higher redline"...are you saying that the flash raised the point at which the rev limiter activates?

I would be very surprised too!

Fit95 said:

give us a budget.....:dontknow: ;)

May i suggest a SnakeHammer intake (or whatever they call it) once it proves to produce 1,000 more hp than the stock box!

Me and many others can tell you how to spend as much money as you want. You got a hp goal? Roughly you can expect around 650 rwhp on a stock motor, build the motor and you can do whatever you want. Anything over the stock motor causes massive hemoraging (sp?) of money.

Joe

Yank your cats and get a Paxton...... It's all gravy from there....

No headers are neccesary.......

Welcome to the asylum.......

D

Thanks for all the input guys. My more power comment is just that - more throught the rpm range. My truck pulls hard, but just not like it is 500hp. I raced for many years and I want to feel the "holy shit, seat of the pants feel". The truck feels like it just needs waking up. Even when I put the Magnaflow and Catless mids on I didn't feel much of a difference in power especially down low. I have taken the spare tire out to lighten up the rear end, but wheel spin is not a problem still. I'm thinking about taking off the bed cover to lighten it up even more but 'i really like the looks of it.
I am doing the sandhills rally in Nebraska in August and want more power right now, but also want to buy mods that build on each other to make the most that i can get out of this package. I appreciate all the usefull input.

I think the RC flash from DC Perf is awesome. Made a much larger difference than just deleting the cats in terms of increased power. If you plan on FI just make an appointment with Boomer.

patrick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back