Nice run-in with a cop today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WA 2 FST, Oct 21, 2014.

Car Parts
  1. WA 2 FST

WA 2 FST Full Access Member

So, I'm coming back home from doing manual labor on one of my rental properties. I was in my truck b/c, hey its my tax write-off for my business and I had my tool bucket in the bed.

I'm definitely speeding b/c, as well all know it isn't hard to do in these. 40mph zone, I like to get up to 45-50 and put it into 6th.

Cop lights me up and pulls out from his hiding spot. I pull over right away, knowing I was speeding. I'm not really upset... its been 4 yrs since I had a ticket.

He comes to the door, and I've got my license and insurance already out. After letting me know why he pulled me over, he initiated a fun conversation about the truck. His first words, "So this is one of those hot-rod, Viper trucks, huh?" Followed closely by, "that's cool its a 6-speed. I commend you for driving a stick shift. Too many sports cars now have autos."

We talked about gas mileage on the highway, how well it runs around town, etc. Then he takes my license and makes the slow walk back to his car. I figure... yeah, I'm getting a ticket.

He comes back and gives me a computer print-out with a warning. He didn't even tell me to slow down. Asked me more questions about the truck. I mentioned I had done some upgrades and it was putting out near 600hp. He asks if it hooks up... "yes sir, at about 30mph". He tells me to "have fun in that machine", and we are on our way.

Pretty cool visit with the local PO. Granted, I'm a middle aged guy, and have a spotless driving record, but I think the truck helped me get out of it, too. :D

2. SrtBrad

SrtBrad Michel Productions

Love these types of stories. :rock::rock: Now put that speeding ticket money you saved towards an upgrade.:burnout:

3. WA 2 FST

Yeah, I need a cam in this engine combo (Gen IV heads, intake, Belanger headers)... but there is no one remotely close I trust to tune it once installed. :(

And until someone makes some drag radials for these things (I know none of us are holding our breath)... more power isn't going to do me any good where I drive it (street). :D

4. SrtBrad

SrtBrad Michel Productions

Scott (Venomous1) will do you proud. Give him a call homes.

5. 06SRT10

06SRT10 Full Access Member

Scott is in Waco. He can handle any problems/upgrades you want or need. I have been pulled over several times with my 10 doing faster than you and the cop has let me go because they start talking about the truck. I guess our 10's are good for something else besides drinking gas.

6. Viper83101

Viper83101 Full Access Member

Yea thats def awesome to hear WA 2 FST and I wish I could have been so lucky but lets just say my run in with the cops didnt go as smooth as yours but like you said, its hard not to speed especially on the interstate. [emoji51] [​IMG]

VENM505

7. Viper83101

Apparently the cop that got me was a ford fan. Haha

VENM505

8. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

Some of them just don't have a sense of humor. You were only going 30 over!

9. Viper83101

Hahaha yea I know right! Guilty as charged

VENM505

10. SanDiegoVetteGuy

SanDiegoVetteGuy New Member

Power Slide in a Corvette

this story deserves yet another S.T.A.N.(Shoot That Ain't Nothing)

I was in my Corvette with the top down and negotiated a 90 degree turn onto a State Highway in Oceanside California where I reside. I had all of the numerous handling computers chiming at me while listening to my exhaust wailing as the ass end of my Corvette was swinging out in mid turn.

It was then I saw a local Oceanside Police Car pull out of the left turn lane and turn on his pursuit lights. I don't think the cop was old enough for shaving, and after I did the "who me?" bit, I told him it must be some bad gas in my Corvette as it almost died as I was turning and then lit back up, he believed me!

Needless to say I am more observant now!:dontknow:

:rock:

11. WA 2 FST

I've rec'd plenty of tickets in my day... my 9-sec capable Vette has the plates WA 2 FST. When I get pulled over in that, the po-po usually isn't too thrilled with me, and I get a bunch of snide comments.

52 in a 40 is almost not worth pulling someone over on the 6-lane divided street I was on...although it is in the city.

101 in a 70? yeah, you're not going to get any grace on that one. ;)

Just thought it was cool that a cop 1) knew what the Viper truck is 2) and just wanted to talk about it, more than anything else.

I was in the wrong, and completely prepared to sign my name on the line and pay the fine. This is the 3rd time I've only rec'd a warning in my truck, but to be honest, I've never been going crazy speeds when cited.

12. Viper83101

Well thats awesome to hear and very rare that cops will do that. I mean ive received plenty of tickets in my day as well and trust me I knew I was in the wrong to. Im just glad I didnt go to jail but I just thought I would post that so that yall could laugh at my stupidity. It's just really hard to not let someone have it when they are messing with you on the interstate but after a 12 month probation sentence along with an $800 fine I have learned my lesson. [emoji6] That is really cool though that he knew about your truck and wanted to talk to you about it. You for sure wont get that very often at all.

VENM505

13. WA 2 FST

I completely agree!