Nitrous Bracket

tinygiants

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of trying to make my own Nitrous Bracket. I was planning to do it in aluminum like I did for the throttle body spacer.

Attachments

• Draw1.JPG
    Draw1.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 154
tinygiants said:
I am thinking of trying to make my own Nitrous Bracket. I was planning to do it in aluminum like I did for the throttle body spacer.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Here is the template. I just ordered the metal.

Attachments

• pieces.jpg
    pieces.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 102
  • whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 128
Metal is here :) I just laid out my cut lines. I will be able to get started tomorrow if not tonight.

labontecsi said:
How's about some wire looms for MSD's?
I spoke with fstjack about the wire looms. Seems someone already makes them. He also warned me about using metal for the loom material. Seems that if there is a weak spot in the protective sheath, it will arc out. I may have to look into making them out of phenolic instead.

That looks sharp Dale. How do you plan on keeping the bottles in place?

tinygiants said:
I spoke with fstjack about the wire looms. Seems someone already makes them. He also warned me about using metal for the loom material. Seems that if there is a weak spot in the protective sheath, it will arc out. I may have to look into making them out of phenolic instead.

Nah. Just oversize the slots in the looms and use a high-temp dielectric insert around the wires. I have a good design in mind. Let me know if you want to co-develop some.;)

blackviper said:
That looks sharp Dale. How do you plan on keeping the bottles in place?
I am going to line the bracket with rubber liner.

Ram From Hell said:
Nah. Just oversize the slots in the looms and use a high-temp dielectric insert around the wires. I have a good design in mind. Let me know if you want to co-develop some.;)
Sure sounds good. Can you give me the dimensions of the insert? I will do a quick CAD based on those dimensions and shoot it over to you.

tinygiants said:
Sure sounds good. Can you give me the dimensions of the insert? I will do a quick CAD based on those dimensions and shoot it over to you.

Gotta find/make the inserts first.;)

Ram From Hell said:
Gotta find/make the inserts first.;)
I guess we have a project on our hands then :) What is the diameter of the MSD wires? Mine are still out of state, so I can not dimension them :(

Making Progress

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 24
  • roughcut.jpg
    roughcut.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 25
  • templateinstalled.jpg
    templateinstalled.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 23
  • router.jpg
    router.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 20
tinygiants said:
Making Progress

Wish I would have known you were making these this way Dale. Could have saved you some time and cut them on my plasma table and been perfect;)

They still look awesome though:rock:

kyle's srt10 said:
Wish I would have known you were making these this way Dale. Could have saved you some time and cut them on my plasma table and been perfect;)

They still look awesome though:rock:
Now you tell me! :)
What kind of a edge does the Plasma Table Leave?

If it turns out nice, I may have a few more to make for some folks.

Thank you for the offer, as I may seek to take you up on it in the future.

tinygiants said:
Now you tell me! :)
What kind of a edge does the Plasma Table Leave?

If it turns out nice, I may have a few more to make for some folks.

Thank you for the offer, as I may seek to take you up on it in the future.

How thick is the material?:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back