No 2007 Ram SRT-10

Hopefully they will bring the srt-10 back in a year or two. I just can't see why they would x-it. They have a good thing going!!!

2ndchance said:
Hopefully they will bring the srt-10 back in a year or two. I just can't see why they would x-it. They have a good thing going!!!
From a business point of view it isn't a very good thing though. They still have brand new 05's sitting around, I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are still some new 04's even. And they have never figured out a way to get the marketing bang out of these either. Most people don't even know they exist.

well thats dc fault. They should have put this thing out there, but if what ur saying is true, what happen to all the 06's? Are they still sitting somewhere ?

2ndchance said:
well thats dc fault. They should have put this thing out there, but if what ur saying is true, what happen to all the 06's? Are they still sitting somewhere ?
I think they probably are. I bought my truck last May and the last time I was at that dealer they still had the same 4 trucks that they had then. High priced vehicle, high gas prices, lousy marketing, all these things contributed to the demise of this vehicle. Which is fine by me, I have one after all LOL. I live in SoCal, high priced and performance vehicles are a dime a dozen out here. With the exception of our meets and the guys that are here on the board I have only seen 3 other trucks since I bought mine.

I can't remember the last or first time I saw another SRT-10 Ram on the road.

They're too busy shovin hemi's down the publics throats :mad: its all about the bottom line $$$$$$$$
My first dodge truck was a brand new 95 4x4 dually V10. I used to bitch about spending $40 to fill it up every 250 miles
erm-ah.gif

Well this is not new news, been known for a while now. 06 production has been halted for a few months.

I also see some upset people, if you are upset go to the lot and buy a new 05 or 06, they are there to be had, no need to be upset.

This is why I am selling my 05 4x4 Hemi and bought the SRT, because the run is done.

Why?

1. They are not selling, when you have 05s on the lot at the end of the 06 model run that is a problem.

2. The other two are no longer playing truck wars. The Lightning fadded away with the new F-150 a couple years ago, and GM, well they never came to close, other than the Syclone, but that was a 1 or 2 year run in the early 90s. They have the SS, yea right, and some Joe Gibbs edition 380HP Silverado that does not stack up and if I am not mistaken never caught on.

I can see Dodge building a SRT Ram in 08 or 09, especially if Ford gets going on the Lightning again, but I doubt it will be a SRT-10. It will probably be a SRT-8 that puts out as much power as the current SRT-10 and will perform as good or slightly better.

As for the resale comments, the stopping of the prodcution certainly will not hurt anything. Once all the "new" 05 and 06s are gone demand for the used market should slow or stop depriciation on the lower mile trucks, but appriciation, I do not see that any time soon.

The Viper comment about not being built in 07... That is actually partially true. I know they are shutting down during the 07 model year for "retooling". The new Viper, to be debuted in Sept, will start production in late 07 model year but will be called a 2008. At least that was the last known "creditable" rumor.

Out of curiosity, about how many Lightnings were built in that run?? Did they go up in value once Ford discontinued them??

My guess is there was alot more of those built??:dontknow:

Marc T said:
Out of curiosity, about how many Lightnings were built in that run?? Did they go up in value once Ford discontinued them??

Good question, they are like roaches, everywhere you look but they scurry left and right as our SRT 10's approach.

Marc T said:

They built Gen2 Lightning's from '99 through '04. I saw the total production numbers once, but can't remember?:dontknow: I *think* it was between 20,000-30,000 trucks total?

If you want to take the time, you could probably search for it over at www.F150online.com .

08 SRT-10

Thought everyone knew there was no 07 coming...

Chrysler says its gonna be back 2008 new body, new Engine. Not a Hemi V10 though like most thought.

Chrysler can always change their mind though.

Hey there MG42~~:rock: Good to see ya :D

Chrysler can kiss my ass .... :mad: I do love my truck though :D

This is right out of the Chicago Tribune
End of the line: Dodge will cease production of the Ram SRT-10 pickup at the end of the 2006 model year. With its 8.3-liter V-10 engine, which was borrowed from the Dodge Viper and generated 500 horsepower, the SRT-10 earned an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records as the "fastest production pickup truck." Top speed is 154 m.p.h. and its zero-to-60-m.p.h. time is a hair more than 5 seconds.

Only about 2,000 units were sold annually since it appeared for the 2004 model year.

mmmmtorque said:
04 was 3,200 approx..

+
2005 MY
Reg Cab - 1,562
Flame Red - 453
Bright Silver - 280
White (CE) - 163
Black - 471
Solar Yellow - 195
Quad Cab - 2,809
Flame Red - 777
Bright Silver - 280
Black - 1,136
Solar Yellow - 272

means 4700 RC's 04+05

+ 2800 QC's

7500....+ 06 production...which is going to be a much smaller number than 05 production....

163 CE's.......I don't think that's right, there were at least 200....maybe even 202:dontknow:

2ndchance said:

when i got mine i had no ideal there was such a thing! i went in to order a srt8 charger and the kid told me they cant get them, but they have a srt 10 ram. i was what is a ram srt 10 and he said a truck with a v10 and viper trans, i looked, i fell in love and now i own one but as far as dc showing a commercial, ad or anything else i would have never known.

Prof said:
Good question, they are like roaches, everywhere you look but they scurry left and right as our SRT 10's approach.
Now that you mention it, They do just that!
Never liked roaches anyway!
500H V10

mmmmtorque said:
04 was 3,200 approx..

+
2005 MY
Reg Cab - 1,562
Flame Red - 453
Bright Silver - 280
White (CE) - 163
Black - 471
Solar Yellow - 195
Quad Cab - 2,809
Flame Red - 777
Bright Silver - 280
Black - 1,136
Solar Yellow - 272

means 4700 RC's 04+05

+ 2800 QC's

7500....+ 06 production...which is going to be a much smaller number than 05 production....
The production #'s for 2005 run are definatly not acurate. Hopefully Dodge will get it right SOON!:(

can they suck you off? Chrysler might just suck you off instead of kiss your ass.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back