No Rhyme or Reason...

spinafable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seriously is no rhyme or reason to why people do things sometimes. I went to Home Depot yesterday after work and as always I parked away from the entrances and made sure there were no vehicles parked immediately nearby.

I am perusing the tile aisle when my alarm remote goes off and displays a hammer impacting the vehicle. This usually means there is some sort of force hitting my truck. So of course I leave my Mom and rush outside. There is not a single vehicle parked near my truck. Yet when I walk around to the passenger side my rear passenger door has a definite streak of white paint.

The paint goes vertically from the door handle and downward in two other spots. It looks like someone parked next to me and then slammed their door into my truck. I tried rubbing the paint off and it smeared onto the handle and didn't come off the door. The Home Depot has cameras and I asked if it was possible to see the area where I was parked but they said I would need to file a police report and the cops would have to request it. Since its not major damage I doubt anything will come of it.

But WTF, how hard would it have been to hold a door when exiting a vehicle or make sure to cradle your hand between your door and any vehicle parked close. This is something I always do especially when I drive my old beater and I have to park in close quarters. I know this sort of thing happens to most everyone but when you work hard for what you have and you try to take care of it this sort of thing just gets to me. Okay, now I'm done venting.

Tell me something that hasn't already happened to my poor truck. Copper pipe falling off plumbers truck on highway and breaking my lower front fascia? Check. Door dinged? Check 3 times. Truck hit in parking lot by idiot pulling out of space? Check 2 times. Rear ended while parked in the street? Check. Side swiped by moron trying to go around me for being impatient? Check. Wrecked by drunk driver hit and run while parked in the middle of the night? Check. :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Tell me something that hasn't already happened to my poor truck. Copper pipe falling off plumbers truck on highway and breaking my lower front fascia? Check. Door dinged? Check 3 times. Truck hit in parking lot by idiot pulling out of space? Check 2 times. Rear ended while parked in the street? Check. Side swiped by moron trying to go around me for being impatient? Check. Wrecked by drunk driver hit and run while parked in the middle of the night? Check. :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Ouch* I do feel your pain. For a few years now my truck has been safe and without incident so experiencing such a senseless act yesterday really got to me. Unfortunately my truck has been through its fair share of stupidity. The second day I had it someone rubbed along the front driver's side bumper in a parking lot. Another time I backed it into the garage and had the hood open and my sibling insisted the garage door could close with the hood open. Turns out it could but the metal bar attached to the garage door couldn't and gouged a one inch scratch into my hood.

But, the thing that had me seeing red and led to my interest in firearms was when I interrupted three guys trying to steal my truck. It was a little after midnight and I was up killing time in the den flipping channels when I kept hearing a tapping. I couldn't figure out what the noise was so I looked out the front window and saw that the motion lights were on so I waited until I saw movement. That’s when two heads popped up by the driver's side door then another from on top of the bedcover. The one on my bedcover was trying to break through the back sliding window (hence the tapping) while one was at the side trying to drill through the driver's side lock. When that didn't work he literally started sawing through the skin of the door. The third was acting as a lookout. Once all three saw me they ran like rats and while cursing a blue streak I called the cops. Nothing ever came of it and I had my truck fully restored but the whole incident left me furious. Now that I am reading about your experiences, which are numerous and remembering this incident it puts yesterday into perspective. Thanks 6speedquadcab

My story doesn't compare to either of yours but, I parked away from every car I could in a Kroger parking lot and when I returned to my 10 to leave 3 rices took off suspiously. When started loading my groceries I noticed someone had run a shopping cart down my passanger back door. It buffed out thank god.

Yeah, not too long after getting my truck, I was parked at a grocery store. Come out to a minivan parked right up on my passenger side. I knew right away that there was no way the driver got out without hitting my door. Checked my door and see a little dent lined up to where their door would hit (not big at all, but was still pissed). I mean, is it that hard to pull into the center of a parking spot?

So, all I could think of was to key their stupid minivan from headlight to taillight. Sorry, have a short fuse for shit like that.

I hope to never compete in this game of misfortune. I do not wish for a one up story or even anything to compare. While I can only imagine and not fully understand reading that made me angry. Some people well they just suck and unfortunately it's frowned upon to plant them.

My story doesn't compare to either of yours but, I parked away from every car I could in a Kroger parking lot and when I returned to my 10 to leave 3 rices took off suspiously. When started loading my groceries I noticed someone had run a shopping cart down my passanger back door. It buffed out thank god.

I am glad you were able to buff out the marks from the shopping cart. I plan on doing the same this weekend and hopefully the white paint will come off.

Yeah, not too long after getting my truck, I was parked at a grocery store. Come out to a minivan parked right up on my passenger side. I knew right away that there was no way the driver got out without hitting my door. Checked my door and see a little dent lined up to where their door would hit (not big at all, but was still pissed). I mean, is it that hard to pull into the center of a parking spot?

So, all I could think of was to key their stupid minivan from headlight to taillight. Sorry, have a short fuse for shit like that.

No need to apologize Chewbacca. Its hard not to react when this kind of thing happens.

I hope to never compete in this game of misfortune. I do not wish for a one up story or even anything to compare. While I can only imagine and not fully understand reading that made me angry. Some people well they just suck and unfortunately it's frowned upon to plant them.

Yup, hopefully this sort of misfortune never finds you. I am sure many members on here have experienced both minor and major acts of idiocy involving their trucks. You have summed it up nicely in saying that some people just suck.

I know all to well how this feels. I was on my way to a car show in my camaro and stopped at a store with the group I was with. They were mostly cops it was a police car show. One of the cops parked next me and the passenger got out and swung his door wide the hell open and hit my camaro of course chipping the paint. Cop or not I cussed him out for it and his response was oh it shouldn't have chipped like that!!! Not knowing the car has 5 coats of clear on it to shine the way it did.. My head was steaming!!!

My wife makes fun of me cause I park in the back of every lot I park in no matter what I am driving. Most people don't give a crap about anyone else's car.

Didn't happen to the truck (thankfully) but the other day the wife was at the grocery and as she was walking in she noticed this kid around 11 just pushing carts randomly in the parking lot. The closer she got to the door she noticed he had pushed one toward her jeep, so she yelled at the parents who were with the kid to stop the cart. Well they didn't and the cart hit the jeep. So the wife goes off on the kids parents. It was epic. All they could say was "he's just a kid". The older I get the more worried I am about this next generation coming up. Everybody's kid is just special. SMH Give me break.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back