Noob from Houston area

Status
Not open for further replies.
While your checking things....the lower pulley bolt (crankshaft) has been known to back out on 04 s and some 05s. Not good,mine was finger tight.blue loctite!

Did you happen to know if the previous owner's name is Allen Burleson? If so he is a good friend of mine and he purchased it from a member on here,so we could know the complete history

That is not the previous owners name, but it could be the guy he got it from. According to the Carfax(CLEAN) it has had three owners. It has spent its life in the Dallas area and recently SE Louisiana, and now in the houston area.

Are these OEM? Mopar Electronic Supression
000_0487.jpg

The truck does still have the '04 front calipers, if anybody in the Houston area wants to trade for me for their '05+ calipers so they can run some drag wheels I'm all ears, LOL. :D

Last edited:
Greetings everyone, I to am a proud recent owner of a 2005 Ram SRT 10 R/C and I am loving it. This beast continues to surprise me everytime I drive it. I took ownership in March of this year and I couldn't wait to get it in the shop. The truck was stock and in excellent shape when I got it (11,000 miles) but still needed that personal touch. So far my modifications include a

*Comp Cam
*T&D Shaft Rockers
*Pushrods
*Valve Springs
*L/T American Racing Headers w/ cats
*Full Magnaflow Exhaust
*Custom CAI
*JTS Venom 2/3 lowering kit
*ARP Head Bolts
*SCT Tune
*170 Degree Thermostat
*Custom Quality Wire Plug Wires
*Powder Coated Valve Covers and Intake
*Viper Alarm
*5% Tint on all three windows
*Pioneer Single Din Head Unit
*Focal Components
*2x Kicker 10" L3 (1500 total watts)
*Bed Cover with a Bed Rug

This truck has been a long time coming for me, both my daughters just finished college so finally I could get the truck I always fantasized about :D I look forward to sharing experiences and tips with everyone. Thanks

Greetings everyone, I to am a proud recent owner of a 2005 Ram SRT 10 R/C and I am loving it. This beast continues to surprise me everytime I drive it. I took ownership in March of this year and I couldn't wait to get it in the shop. The truck was stock and in excellent shape when I got it (11,000 miles) but still needed that personal touch. So far my modifications include a

*Comp Cam
*T&D Shaft Rockers
*Pushrods
*Valve Springs
*L/T American Racing Headers w/ cats
*Full Magnaflow Exhaust
*Custom CAI
*JTS Venom 2/3 lowering kit
*ARP Head Bolts
*SCT Tune
*170 Degree Thermostat
*Custom Quality Wire Plug Wires
*Powder Coated Valve Covers and Intake
*Viper Alarm
*5% Tint on all three windows
*Pioneer Single Din Head Unit
*Focal Components
*2x Kicker 10" L3 (1500 total watts)
*Bed Cover with a Bed Rug

This truck has been a long time coming for me, both my daughters just finished college so finally I could get the truck I always fantasized about :D I look forward to sharing experiences and tips with everyone. Thanks

Welcome bro, start a new thread to welcome yourself and look forward to meeting you soon at one of our GTGs:rock:

I have owned the truck about a month now and i have added some style and power. The crank pulley seems to be tight and I installed JTSVP power steering lines because the old ones were leaking. I already have the JTSVP Oil lines but, I am going to wait to install them until the next oil change so I don't make as much of a mess. I removed the spare/jack/tools but decided to leave the trailer hitch afterall. The truck deffinately has 4:56's because it does 90mph @ 6,000rpm in 3rd and 2,000rpm @ 80mph in 6th. I added Mobil 1 Synthetic 75w140 to the diff. and Pennzoil synchromesh to the trans, I no longer have to man hadle it into reverse. I also removed the rubber bushing from the shifter and I shortened it 2.5."

000_0524.jpg

I removed the intake and it turns out I have an ROE TB. I must have one of the good ones because I don't have any idle issues or surging, and it sounds awesome.
000_0488.jpg

Last edited:
I also added a JTSVP 170deg. thermostat and installed my SCT from Torrie last night. The engine/oil temps. now stay under 200deg. and the oil pressure is higher. I ported the manifolds ( http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/my-ported-manifolds-53300/#post1102735 ), deleted the cats at a local muffler shop, and added a Magnaflow #12568. I made my own mechanical O2 simulators using a write up I found online, cost was about $8. I spent less than $500 in the exhaust and then I sold the stock cats for $144.. The plastics that are behind the grille and sit next to the A/C condenser were faded so I took them off because I wanted to paint them. Once I took them off I liked the new look better and I noticed that now the air filter will get a nice shot of cool air.

000_0521.jpg

Last edited:
I added a silver, stubby antenna. The Dodge emblem was shaved off the tail gate aswell as the Ram emblems from the doors. The door/tail gate handles/cowl/perimeter of bed cover, plastics around license palte lights were painted. The grille was painted black, the front license plate holes were filled, and eyebrows were painted on the head lights. I decided not to paint the mirrors because I think that makes them look to big, and I think aftermarket mirrors look to small. I decided not to have any lights smoked because everybody around here has that done, but I had the reflectors on the door panels smoked.

000_0494.jpg

000_0523.jpg

The SRT 10 emblem had to be moved closer to the edge of the door after removing the RAM emblem.

I also removed the seal and pad that is on the cowl panel in the engine bay. IMO it looks better and it will let more air out.
000_0531.jpg

Last edited:
The SRT 10 Emblem on the tail gate was lowered.
000_0528.jpg

000_0527.jpg

000_0529.jpg

Viper center caps.
000_0525.jpg

Viper steering wheel emblem.
000_0496.jpg

I'm waiting on my Viper hood emblem to arrive from JTSVP.
"Don't call it a RAM, it's a VIPER truck!"

I still don't know if the spark plug wires on the truck are stock. The clutch feels new and the fluid looks new. There is a braided line that goes from the clutch fluid reservoir to the trans. Do I have upgraded clutch hydraulics?

000_0530.jpg

Looks good. You should bring her to the mopar meet july1st at lake houston park

ONE BADASS HEMI

Really nice looking 10 Sergio! I didn't know there was meet on July 1 but I'm making plans on going, hope to see you out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back