NORTHEAST GTG IDEAS

ctsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys jim tete and i where talking about having an other gtg here in milford @hooters cause of the location then crashing a car show. but theres nothing good goin on till sept. and an other hooters meet is kinda boring imo.

Now i dont know if nycsteve can think of anything. the ride is nice but yet long for some but trust me its always fun and worth the gas. maybe he chime in.

I'll go look around and see if there is anything mid to western Ct. that would be cool to check out (crash) through July and August, I'll be back with ideas.
Todd
Dom
Trek
Steve
Derek
Yea ... and you other folks, that I forgot because I'm to old to Remember .....
Any ideas, Thoughts, What If's, ..... Welcome

Paul & Jim

jim this anit looking to good whats goin on

You got me Paul ..... Most of the stuff I found are evening shows during the week days. ........ I'm Open to whatever ......

Well guys --seems like you are having problems with organizing a gtg ---I have the solution---since you are looking to have it in sept....Then get your butts down to the Sept. 10th - 14th GTG in Panama city---;)

Last edited:
Heres a few Ideas..I didnt check locations or anything..just did a search of car shows..

In CT:
7/13/08 ROLLIN' ON THE RIVER CAR SHOW Location : Haddam Meadows State Park, Rte 154 Haddam CT 06438 860-345-3949 [email protected] Additional Info : 13th annual car show on the Connecticut River! 18 classes, Feature class "Firebirds and TransAms" 54 trophies + Best of Show, Dash plaques to first 300 cars, Show cars and Vendors $10, Spectator donation $3, time 9-2 pm show info Paul 860-345-2615, vendor info Kevin 860-345-3949

7/27/2008 Time Machines 30th Annual Antique Car Show & Flea Market Location : NEW LOCATION GUILFORD FAIRGROUNDS, 111 Lovers Lane, Guilford, CT Guilford CT 06437 203 239 2656 http://www.tbirdsofconn.org/timemach.html [email protected] Additional Info : Event Dates: July 27, 2008 - July 27, 2008 Location: Guilford Fairgrounds Guilford, Connecticut NEW LOCATION, moved from Durham, CT to the GUILFORD FAIRGROUNDS, 111 Lovers Lane, Guilford, CT. Improved field, permanent restrooms, more food vendors. 8AM - 3PM, Rain or Shine. Vehicles to 1983, Dash plaques to the first 600 cars, 35 show car classes, featured car is 1955-57 Chevrolet. Most show car classes are by brand affiliation and other classes include Muscle Cars, Pick Ups, Commercial and Fire Apparatus. There is also a non judged class for special interest newer cars manufactured after 1983. Trophies: Three per class, Best of Show, Best of Featured Class, and 3 trophies to the Best of Unrestored Cars. Winners must be present to win. Car Corral; Over 900 show cars and 225 vendor spaces filled in the past; Non modified show cars pre-dating 1930 will be allowed free entry. DJ, food vendors, t-shirts, door prizes. Show Cars $10.00; Vendor Space 20' X 20' preregistered by 7/18/08 $15.00, show day $30.00; Admission $4.00, Sr. $3.00, under 12 yo free; Directions to NEW LOCATION - GUILFORD FAIRGROUNDS: I-95 exit 59 then follow signs.

7/30/08 Car Show & Beach Cruise Night Location : Calf Pasture Beach, Beach Road Norwalk CT 06852 Nick: 203-762-0169 http://www.coachmenrodandcustom.com [email protected] Additional Info : Coachmen Rod & Custom Vintage Car Show Cruise Night Sponsored by Norwalk Parks & Rec. Wednesday Evening Calf Pasture Beach, Beach Road, Exit 16 off I -95 5:30PM, 1981 Cut-Off Year Trophies - Dash Plaques -Goodie Bags- Food - Live Music Admission: Bring canned food for our food drive Rain Date: July 31

In NY:
07/13/2008 1st Annual Melinda Mesuda Car & Bike Show Fundraiser Location : VFW Mark Paginelli Pavilion & Budget Truck/Car Rental Poughkeeepsie New York 12601 845-471-3670 / 845-473-3049 http://dream-car-locators.tripod.com [email protected] Additional Info : Time 10am to 5pm Rain or Shine Pre-registration $10.00 Day of Show $12.00 Dash Plaques - Trophies - Raffles - Prizes - Music Spectators Free Vendors Wanted $25.00 non-refundable All proceeds will go to the Melinda Mesuda Horsemanship Fund 501 & will benefit various therapeutic horse programs. Pre-registration Make checks payable to: Melinda Mesuda Horsemanship Fund Send to: 61 Delafield St. Poughkeepsie,NY 12601 Attn: Mary Coyle

7/20/2008 2nd Annual Middle Hope Fire Co. Car Show Location : Middle Hope Firemans Field Route 9W Newburgh NY 12550 (845) 561-7905 [email protected] Additional Info : It is the 2nd Annual car show that we are hosting. It is a judge show with multiple class and registration is $10 per car and spectators are free. The Middle Hope Firemans field is located 3 to 4 miles north of Interstate 84 across from Cedar Hill Cemetery and the Firemans Field is located on the right had side of 9W if coming north on 9W. All proceeds go to benefit the Middle Hope Volunteer Fire Co.

07/26/2008 2008 Swine & Shine Location : Stittville Firemen's Field Rte 365 Stittville NY 13354 315-865-5268 [email protected] Additional Info : 4th Annual car show/pig roast proceeds benefit the Stittville Fire Dept. Cost is $10 per vehicle/food prices vary. Pre-registration starts July 1st.

07/26/2008 Arcade's Fabulous 50's Festival Car Show Location : Village Park Arcade NY 14009 585-492-4374 www.fab50sfest.org [email protected] Additional Info : At the heart of Arcade's Fabulous 50's Festival is the Classic Car Show. Stop dreaming and make plans to enjoy all the fun activities with your family at Arcade's Fabulous 50's Festival...you're bound to have a "fabulous" time!

In NJ:07/13/2008 LIBERTY HOSE RED BANK FIREFIGHTER 6TH ANNUAL CAR SHOW Location : WHITE ST. PARKING LOT RED BANK NJ 07701 732-240-6183 [email protected] Additional Info : CAR SHOW IS FROM 10AM. TO 3PM. RAIN DATE 07/20/2008 GREAT FOOD, DEEJAY, VENDORS,GIVE-A-WAYS AND DOOR PRIZES. BEST IN SHOW MEMORIAL CUP. OVER 100 TROPHIES INCLUDING SEVERAL 5 FOOT DIGNITARY'S CHOICE TROPHIES. ALSO SPONSOR'S CHOICE, PEOPLE'S CHOICE AND DASH PLAQUES TO THE FIRST 200 REGISTERED. BIKES WELCOME. THIS CAR SHOW IS IN MEMORY OF BOB [DOC} HOLIDAY SR. EX FIRE CHIEF OF RED BANK FIRE DEPT.

07/13/2008 River Edge Car Show Location : Continental Ave River Edge NJ 07661 201-634-0158 www.recarshow.org [email protected] Additional Info : Please visit our website for more information at www.recarshow.org This car show is held on beautiful tree-lined Continental Ave., in River Edge, NJ. This car show attracts some fine cars and motorcycles from all over Bergen County, NJ.

07/19/2008 Frenchtown Community Day Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Show Location : Old Frenchtown Field/Harrison St. Frenchtown New Jersey 08825 908-996-2428 www.frenchtownlions.org [email protected] Additional Info : Sponsored By: The Frenchtown Lions Club Time: 11:00am 6:00pm Registration starts at 7:00am Trophies for 1st through 3rd place Registration Fee: $10.00/vehicle Voting by vehicle owner and one passenger Door prizes for vehicle entrants Crafters wanted. $15.00/10x10 space Lots of food, Games for children (Most at no charge), Crafters, Music all day No admission fee. Raindate: July 20th, 2008 Download registration forms at www.frenchtownlions.org.

07/26/2008 City of Burlington Car Show & Fundraiser Location : High Street from Broad Street to West Pearl Burlington New Jersey 08016 (609)386-0200 x 114 www.burlingtonNJ.us [email protected] Additional Info : The City of Burlington Car Show and Fundraiser will benefit the Burlington City Police K-9 Unit "Adopt-A-Dog" program. The unit lost a canine suddenly in February to cancer. We are hoping to raise funds toward the purchase, training and equipment related to another canine. Sponsors will pick their favorite choices and plenty of trophies will be given. Good food, music and family fun. Pre-registration fee $12.00, the day of the show is $15.00.

07/26/2008 Phillipsburg Olde Towne Festival Car & Truck show Location : Walter's Park (off of Center Street) Phillipsburg NJ 08865 908-859-6049 [email protected] Additional Info : Raindate is July 27, 2008. There are 28 Classes with Awards in all Classes. T-shirt's and Dash Plaques to the first 100 entries. Show is from 9-3, cost is $10 Pre-registered (received by July 1) and $12 day of show. Lot's of Food, Door Prizes, etc.. For directions call Bob Hillpot @ 908-859-6049

car shows

In what area are you considering gtg?
I cann check out the car/truck shows in jersey.
I will ask my buddy, he judges a lot of shows.

VIPR PWR said:
Well guys --seems like you are having problems with organizing a gtg ---I have the solution---since you are looking to have it in sept....Then get your butts down to the Sept. 10th - 14th GTG in Panama city---;)
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Amazing, just amazing. I know everyone gets busy from time to time but this is nucking futs. We need to put a good sat/sun thing together or the NE chapter will be the first casualty of the vtcoa.

What happened to everyone?

I do think a track gtg is in order. C'mon guys.... :(

TREKER said:
Amazing, just amazing. I know everyone gets busy from time to time but this is nucking futs. We need to put a good sat/sun thing together or the NE chapter will be the first casualty of the vtcoa.

What happened to everyone?

I do think a track gtg is in order. C'mon guys.... :(
:party: :driver: :dito: :pepsi: :beer: :eating:
im in for that see when theres an open track day at english town and have a cook out

Hmmm...all of a sudden the idea of a NE GTG has got me rethinking my policy of non-participation. I'm in the 401/RI and W-Conn is a haul but I'll definitely keep an open mind...

How about another Orchard Beach GTG?

Im down for whatever, Ill be there.

Going to start going up to NewEngland Dragway again soon when Im back ahead of my bills.

Dominick572 said:
How about another Orchard Beach GTG?

Im down for whatever, Ill be there.

Going to start going up to NewEngland Dragway again soon when Im back ahead of my bills.
NG this time of year:D

Looks like no one is too serious.... We have a few so if you are interested in having a gtg lets start a list and go from there.

Say, last week of July. Place to be determined....

The LX guys like to meet at the newly re-opened Hooters in Warwick (RI) right by the airport since it's easily accessible from the highway. Never been to one, but it sounds like they're accommodating. Sounds like the Hooters thing may be a little played out, just puttin' it out there...

Matty

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back