Not a Viper

LaserBob

Reaction score
I don't have a Viper, but I love my dodge Ram just the same. I have a 2wd MegaCab that I am trying to get to go a bit faster. I currently run M&H Racemaster DOT Drag Radials and need to get some more tire on the ground.

John, at M&H Drag Tires, suggested this forum to find some info on what to look for in a 10" or 12" wide 17" diam wheel to put on for some larger tires.

IMG_1773.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last weekend at Julesburg, Co it ran 13.22 @ 112.5mph. Slow off the line, so I am just looking for a little advice.
LaserBob

Welcome to the VTCoA! We should be able to help you out with your tires. :D

I don't have a Viper, but I love my dodge Ram just the same. I have a 2wd MegaCab that I am trying to get to go a bit faster. I currently run M&H Racemaster DOT Drag Radials and need to get some more tire on the ground.

John, at M&H Drag Tires, suggested this forum to find some info on what to look for in a 10" or 12" wide 17" diam wheel to put on for some larger tires.

Last weekend at Julesburg, Co it ran 13.22 @ 112.5mph. Slow off the line, so I am just looking for a little advice.
LaserBob

The track savvy guys should be along shortly to answer your question. In the interim, welcome to the best forum on the www.

Thanks for the great comments on the welcome page. You guys made me chuckle.

LaserBob

Back on topic some long bars could prolly help you traction tremendously. Venomous1 needs to chime in here. As far as tires some M&H 390 40 17's. Your rear rotors may be smaller so a 16" rim and some slicks would prolly work without caliper grinding.

Put slicks on it and be ready to buy a new rear end
Venomous traction package will not work on this vehicle but he would make you one

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

175 Rogue - Ultra Wheel

these are what some of us run (but in 5 lug) with the MH 390/40/17 DR.

looks like they make them in 17x10 in an 8 lug pattern so this might be your ticket.

if they clear our rear brakes, i'd imagine they'd clear yours, too...

i don't think you need long bars with a truck that's 23' long :D

His wont hold up to it? You'd know better than I would.
It's not a durability issue, it's a geometry issue. Scott's system transfers weight to exactly where it needs to be, on a vehicle by vehicle basis. This is why he makes separate kits for the QC's and RC's. The Mega Cab Cummins would require longer bars, etc.

It's not a durability issue, it's a geometry issue. Scott's system transfers weight to exactly where it needs to be, on a vehicle by vehicle basis. This is why he makes separate kits for the QC's and RC's. The Mega Cab Cummins would require longer bars, etc.

I didnt say the SRT bars :p I just said long bars and that Venomous could help him out. Ya'll assumed I meant ours LOL

Back on topic some Venomous 1 Racing long bars specifically for the Ram SRT 10 Quad Cab made by Scott at V!R Racing could prolly help you traction tremendously. Venomous1 needs to chime in here. As far as tires some M&H 390 40 17's. Your rear rotors may be smaller so a 16" rim and some slicks would prolly work without caliper grinding.

I didnt say the SRT bars :p I just said long bars and that Venomous could help him out. Ya'll assumed I meant ours LOL

Liar :chain:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back