Not bad for an automatic :-)

Damn I so Overwhelmed!!!!! I'm excited as well. Yeah that sounds like the best bang for the buck. Stinker You ROCK!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Annu Kumar said:
Damn I so Overwhelmed!!!!! I'm excited as well. Yeah that sounds like the best bang for the buck. Stinker You ROCK!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

not really;) Just want you to have the straight up truth bo, to the best of my ability:p

havent had any beer this week :D

Stinker said:
not really;) Just want you to have the straight up truth bo, to the best of my ability:p

havent had any beer this week :D
Then we have not had the best of stinker... What the hell is going on??? It is already Tuesday... No beer?:dontknow: What are you doing right now???:beer:

Hi Annu,

Ted's a good guy and I've known him for a long time. I kind of doubt that he's seen one of the truck kit parts in person. He may have been referring to cars. We started making those kits in 2002 and have somewhere around 450 of them on the road. We had to develop the VEC2 to get the tuning right and a lot of people pushed their cast piston motors farther than they should if they want them to last. My speculation is that over the last five years, he's probably seen or heard of a few 2000-2002 motors breaking pistons. As others have said, it's not limited to cars with our blower kits though, motors run hard can have problems, no matter if they're stock or modified. One of the main reasons we use a positive displacement blower is because you can keep the RPM down and make great power. You don't hear of so many people loosing a motor under 5,000 RPM. It's almost always near redline. We don't have to go to redline to make the power. As the saying goes, HP sells motors and Torque wins races :)

Here's the good news. We learned soooo much with that kit in 2002 that we were able to do the truck kit right to the n'th degree. I spent months working on getting the airflow between the cylinders correct. We actually have a more even air / fuel distribution than the stock intake manifold, which is why the engine is smoother running and gets better gas mileage. Not trying to pimp my work here, I'm just very proud of what our shop was able to accomplish. It took years to do and cost tens of thousands of dollars to develop. I enjoyed the challenge and think we've got a very fair HP / dollar product. Thanks for the kind words to all those that expressed them.

Regards,
Sean

Last edited:
Annu, just order the Roe. You will be extremely satisfied and Sean's customer service is awesome.

QC = Roe, but if you want to be fast buy a Viper!:D

Stinker said:
tell that to my tailgate:p

lol...I would run you from a dig if we both had street tires...:p
only a 1/8 mile:D

BurntRubber said:
Which paxton truck makes "good" times:dontknow:

There was one Paxton truck at the PHX GTG (azpyroguy)
Look at the time slip section, there are several 11 sec paxton runs on stock pistons, even a 11 sec Qc...

There are two good roe slips I know of, one is 1fast400.(built motor + nx) the other one thats listed there is the same set up that nowwhat has exept with a roe, and he is almost .5th's off his times.

.... don't get me wrong the roe is a GREAT product, reliable, safe, very street friendly, and CHEAP. but on the track I have yet to see one hang with a paxton(or put up the times)...

We had this same dicussion last year about this time, all I kept hearing was "just wait till we get this thing hooked up on the track." Or race season is coming, we will see some good times posted soon... I am still waiting

...honestly I wish someone would prove me wrong, that way I could justify buying one.

The centrifugal SC kits usually run a little more boost above 5,200 than ours and consequently, make more power. I've had a couple Paxton trucks on our dyno and have run one with ours after the Paxton to compare (though the boost curves are completely different, flat versus gaining) We're significantly stronger throughout most of the RPM band and they cross over and get stronger above 5,000. They make a nice peak number that works well if you can stay above 5,000 most of the time (drag racing). But, with 3" main journals, a marginal oil system and no cam bearings on one long cam (add light valve spring pressure into the equation also) and it quickly becomes obvious that high RPM is not a friend of a production Viper V10 (the old GTS-R race motors had 2.75" mains and dry sumps). It was a big factor in why we chose to go the direction we did.

Regards,
Sean

Last edited:
BigRed460 said:
Look at the time slip section, there are several 11 sec paxton runs on stock pistons, even a 11 sec Qc...

There are two good roe slips I know of, one is 1fast400.(built motor + nx) the other one thats listed there is the same set up that nowwhat has exept with a roe, and he is almost .5th's off his times.

.... don't get me wrong the roe is a GREAT product, reliable, safe, very street friendly, and CHEAP. but on the track I have yet to see one hang with a paxton(or put up the times)...

We had this same dicussion last year about this time, all I kept hearing was "just wait till we get this thing hooked up on the track." Or race season is coming, we will see some good times posted soon... I am still waiting

...honestly I wish someone would prove me wrong, that way I could justify buying one.

I wasn't diagreeing with you, I was pointing out that there are no fast SRT10's, they simply weigh to much. Outside of Stinker, Nowwhat & 505's (which all have over $50K into there trucks thell me about another 10 second truck.
I think out on the streets the QC with a Roe is a great drivable set-up. I thin if you want a fast truck at the track buy a lightning!

install time for a roe............from start to turn key.............one weekend
600hp
install time for a paxton........from start to turn key........one week
600hp

average cost of install for a paxton....12-14k

average cost of install for a Roe ........9-10k

tuners
paxton......split second, uh......well not much of a tuner
roe........Vec III one of the easiest and best to use

ease of install for back yard bob
1-10 with 10 the hardest

paxton 9
Roe 4

Support from manufacturer........

no contest , roe:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Well Tony has just about said it all. Except that if your are in Belgium it takes ten times longer...;)

Any if your name is Roy rather than Bob...better to let Sean do it.

I am so proud and happy that I made the Roe Twin Screw Top Mount decision.

Roe Racing Rocks!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:
Well Tony has just about said it all. Except that if your are in Belgium it takes ten times longer...;)

Any if your name is Roy rather than Bob...better to let Sean do it.

I am so proud and happy that I made the Roe Twin Screw Top Mount decision.

Roe Racing Rocks!:rock: :rock: :rock:

LOLOL I am not pimpin Roe's stuff, jsut my honest opinion:D he always gives great support to all his customers, jsut ask NBT:rock:

Just for me ...........ahhh yes the turbo's:rock: :rock:

JRSVIPR said:
I think the install is pretty straight forward,But you need to have a good tuner.
You dont need a tuner! Roe supplys cards that you swipe in the VEC 3 with the tune already in it. The Dealer that installed mine told me this. He said" at the most we might have to do a little tweaking with the laptop but its pretty much where it has to be".
This is by a longshot the most reliable power adder and one which gives you the best bang for the buck without blowing up your engine. To have 600 hp in one of these trucks ON THE STREET is probably at the reasonable limit

Roe Racing said:
Hi Annu,

Ted's a good guy and I've known him for a long time. I kind of doubt that he's seen one of the truck kit parts in person. He may have been referring to cars. We started making those kits in 2002 and have somewhere around 450 of them on the road. We had to develop the VEC2 to get the tuning right and a lot of people pushed their cast piston motors farther than they should if they want them to last. My speculation is that over the last five years, he's probably seen or heard of a few 2000-2002 motors breaking pistons. As others have said, it's not limited to cars with our blower kits though, motors run hard can have problems, no matter if they're stock or modified. One of the main reasons we use a positive displacement blower is because you can keep the RPM down and make great power. You don't hear of so many people loosing a motor under 5,000 RPM. It's almost always near redline. We don't have to go to redline to make the power. As the saying goes, HP sells motors and Torque wins races :)

Here's the good news. We learned soooo much with that kit in 2002 that we were able to do the truck kit right to the n'th degree. I spent months working on getting the airflow between the cylinders correct. We actually have a more even air / fuel distribution than the stock intake manifold, which is why the engine is smoother running and gets better gas mileage. Not trying to pimp my work here, I'm just very proud of what our shop was able to accomplish. It took years to do and cost tens of thousands of dollars to develop. I enjoyed the challenge and think we've got a very fair HP / dollar product. Thanks for the kind words to all those that expressed them.

Regards,
Sean

Sean Your very cool Bro. Exactly Ted was mentioning that the one particular cylinder was't getting enough air. But You corrected that problem already:rock: Thanks for your hours of Diagnosing:rock:

I have been extremely fortunate to have ROE Racing do all the work on my truck (minus a few exception's) since she was new.
Over the past four years, I can honestly say that it has been a pleasure dealing with the entire company.
If I had to do a stock truck all over again... it would be back at ROE to do it once again.:rock: (Would stick with the stock flywheel though).

In regards to great times... it's not the truck... it would be the driver (me) in this case.
I KNOW the truck will hit the high 11's... but for me to run it that angry...is just not in me. I love the truck...and someday when I'm not worried about a buck... I might push her that hard. Of course now she is up for sale...so who know's...:dontknow: Not a call one as of yet.:bebored:
Furthermore...I have not had near the seat time over the past year and a half...since the blower went on it...so it's not instinctive at all.

Maybe Sean can correct me if I am wrong... but is Roy the first TMTS install, and mine the second?? Just curious for "bragging rights".;) :D

Had her out last night...nice and cool out...:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back