Not interested?? - 2024

The shifting linkage occasionally gets stuck between second and third gear and ya gotta pop the hood and unstick it. It's hot under there and not fun when wearing a dress on your way to work :eek::eek:
Hahaha ! I’ll bet that’s a sight to see hahaha

As for mileage - I think it gets around 12 mpg which is as good or better than the 10! Lol

Neither one get good mileage hahahaha

That a surprising thing about different vehicles .. my 10 got a best highway driving mileage of 14.8 years ago on a long drive .. city is approximately 8.7 to 9.4 in my area. What really goofy is my Bare bones Dakota only got a best 14.2 around town .. 3.9 6cyl. With a 5 speed stick ..

I've only owned a couple that didn't get driven until they were "done"

The two that I hold onto are the Queen and my 1969 Chevy C-10. That one I like because I understand some of what's going on under the hood! Hahahaha -
Yes those C-10 had more Gerbils for power.

I've never owned a vehicle I haven't fallen in love with - it's a curse :eek: they don't even have to be beautiful or special hahahaha

The Queen is my survival of "the times" trophy :cool:
Those 340 dusters were the chits in my day …they all went away though .. real like working and modifying back in those days ,, addiction that even continues today ..

Yes, yours' is special for sure!, and you decided early on to keep it that way!

Everyone buys/sells for different reasons.
I’ve never sold a car ever hahaha .. but I did make a trade for a beater Dodge dart 318 cid .. and traded for a damn OMG a Ford van to use for moving from Va. to Las Vegas .. then I trade the junker Ford for a 1963 330 sedan to do some work and make it look great … which ended up having the ex slam into the door and I couldn’t find a door to replace it .. we got divorced after moving back to SC and had a house built which she filed for divorce 6 months later .. I gave her the 1963 330 sedan and opted for the heavily modded 340 Duster .. also gave her all the bills and debt along with the house hahaha ! I never even hired a lawyer to finalize .. told her what I want and what she can have .. done deal , free and clear from ugh ! Good ride nice hahaha ! But then I blew the motor getting on the duster after returning back to Vegas for a break on Boulder Highway ahhhh ! Ended up with a junk yard 360 cid oil eater since I was in a hurry to head back East for Christmas.. turned into a fill the oils at every gas stop hahaha .. the car never got put back in thanks to being a idiot to help my brother run his business for squat nothing and the HOA told them they had to remove my car ..after I went down to take care of my Grand mother .. the dirty bat brother had it either sold or had the junk tow truck take it away … talk about PO’ed .. still pissed at him to this day ! I’m going to put a life insurance policy on him so if he kicks it first , I’ll get all the things back and more .. Interest ! :D Hahaha

Agreed.

The "Any Questions" thread was my attempt to get some traction for this site.
I certainly can't answer them all, but it did generate some questions of interest.

The participation will drop off eventually, on any special-interest site.

As these trucks haven't been manufactured for 18 years, the few good ones that are left get sold off, wrecked, get converted to race vehicles or garaged for very limited use and end up as museum pieces.

I think it's great to enjoy what you have and when you no longer do, move on.

Things change. I think about selling mine from time to time...
We can only hope this site and others will bring back the 10 People new and old .

Back