Not interested?? - 2024

Wifey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much interest from anyone regarding the 10's anymore with the exception of less than a dozen or so

a few log in and post once or twice then poof they're gone

Not everyone is a post ho for sure but without some kind of interest it just doesn't seem the VTCoA will be able to survive

heck, even the owner never logs in :(

I suppose most people work and have other things to do

Just my observations!!

what can help?

Wasn't the DIY area supposed to open to the general public? I cannot access any of those threads since I'm not a supporting member. If I try to become a supporting member it blocks me from doing so lol.

Wasn't the DIY area supposed to open to the general public? I cannot access any of those threads since I'm not a supporting member. If I try to become a supporting member it blocks me from doing so lol.
It's not you!! It's a platform glitch!

I think it's something @ViperJeff can help you out with. There are some platform issues and I'm not sure exactly what they all are. I can't access the classifieds and I'm a supporting member - we're trying to get some work arounds in place

Give him a bit to get caught up on here and see your dilemna

If other members are having same kinds of issues please post up!

Agreed.

The "Any Questions" thread was my attempt to get some traction for this site.
I certainly can't answer them all, but it did generate some questions of interest.

The participation will drop off eventually, on any special-interest site.

As these trucks haven't been manufactured for 18 years, the few good ones that are left get sold off, wrecked, get converted to race vehicles or garaged for very limited use and end up as museum pieces.

I think it's great to enjoy what you have and when you no longer do, move on.

Things change. I think about selling mine from time to time...

Last edited:
Vehicles can and do hold a special place for many. Maybe it's because they breathe air like we do (?) Well, excluding electric vehicles.

I've had a few for sure over the years but none I've ever wanted back (as in regret selling). When it's time to move them along, it's time.

Interesting.
I also owned a 1969 C-10 (350) that was extraordinarily hard on ⛽️ fuel. If you paid attention, you could actually see that oversized round gas gauge drop as you drove it.

I didn't own it for long.

Ha, yes anything with a distributor and carburetor(s) was FAR easier to tweak to perfection!

Yes, I'm semi-retired but stay working Spring through Fall.
I don't do very much "mechanical" at all anymore.

I switched to working with home stereo setups (among other things) which is much cleaner!

Last edited:
I pointed out a couple months ago that I tried to do a password reset, but it never worked. For years I would randomly request a reset, but it never worked. I can see why previous members are discouraged. It just so happened that I found my password in an obsolete file I had. I think if the site gets fixed, maybe old members would come back. Just my thoughts…

I pointed out a couple months ago that I tried to do a password reset, but it never worked. For years I would randomly request a reset, but it never worked. I can see why previous members are discouraged. It just so happened that I found my password in an obsolete file I had. I think if the site gets fixed, maybe old members would come back. Just my thoughts…
I remember your post!! I'm glad you found the password!

I'm thinking there may be various platform glitches people run into that might be problematic with either lost passwords and not being able to access certain forums. Like I mentioned before I can't reply to any posts in classified since I have "insufficient privileges" i don't know why that is and the mods aren't able to correct it.

thanks for your input!

Agreed that Jeff may help .. See if he chimes in .. the DIY is damn good info on mods and repairs on the 10’s ! Somewhere on here is also the factory download of the entire repair and parts info .. I have a disc somewhere from way back that a meme ER’s sent me .. Yes Brat is the man on that one ! I’ll need to find mine and put it on my laptop since the previous laptop went KA-Boom a while ago and lost everything on it

I remember your post!! I'm glad you found the password!

I'm thinking there may be various platform glitches people run into that might be problematic with either lost passwords and not being able to access certain forums. Like I mentioned before I can't reply to any posts in classified since I have "insufficient privileges" i don't know why that is and the mods aren't able to correct it.

thanks for your input!
I’ve had a few times with password problems .. oh but I can only blame myself duh ! I actually did contact admin ,, and got back on everytime except the last time ,,, but I did remember it finally hahaha !

The best way to not loose your password is to tattoo it in a hidden place on you body … I recommend having it tattooed on your big toe hahaha .

Yes, I'm semi-retired but stay working Spring through Fall.
I don't do very much "mechanical" at all anymore.

I switched to working with stereo setups (among several other things) which is much cleaner!
Hey how about a 2005 and other factory systems pros and cons .. mainly fix er upper repair thread .. and if you have long arms from Canada to reach Florida , I would be great full if you would trace the dang short and fix it for me hahaha ! :D

I haven't worked for several years now and I drive a newfangled 2.4L Tuscon - quite boring! Hahahaha
But , but ,,,, you have options in a garage . :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back