NY Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all! l will absolutely find one sooner or later. Just waiting for some funding, as we all are...have to wait for Uncle Sam to pay me back my taxes, and get a little inheritance money, then l'll be making some calls. Thanks guys for the PM's, but please remember, l'm not going to be able to do anything for another at least two months.
Kind of on the fence between an RC or QC... l think the RC looks more like Dodge intended it's bad-ass truck to look, and practicality forced them to introduce the QC, but l think the QC looks great dropped. How different is the turning radius and stuff like that between the two? Any noticeable differences or performance issues with the QC? Another thing l haven't looked into too far yet, but is the QC even available with the 6 speed? l don't plan on it being a daily driver, but probably drive it more often than not. No rain or anything, but l'm buying it to have fun. Would like to be able to take the family to a get together in it as well if needed. l do plan on several modest bolt-on type of upgrades, like l said, but nothing internal as of yet. Will eventually do full exhaust, headers back, some sort of cold air intake, computer programming, lower it, prob Cal-tracs or similar after researching on here..., and that should be a good start

fastbill said:
Thanks all! l will absolutely find one sooner or later. Just waiting for some funding, as we all are...have to wait for Uncle Sam to pay me back my taxes, and get a little inheritance money, then l'll be making some calls. Thanks guys for the PM's, but please remember, l'm not going to be able to do anything for another at least two months.
Kind of on the fence between an RC or QC... l think the RC looks more like Dodge intended it's bad-ass truck to look, and practicality forced them to introduce the QC, but l think the QC looks great dropped. How different is the turning radius and stuff like that between the two? Any noticeable differences or performance issues with the QC? Another thing l haven't looked into too far yet, but is the QC even available with the 6 speed? l don't plan on it being a daily driver, but probably drive it more often than not. No rain or anything, but l'm buying it to have fun. Would like to be able to take the family to a get together in it as well if needed. l do plan on several modest bolt-on type of upgrades, like l said, but nothing internal as of yet. Will eventually do full exhaust, headers back, some sort of cold air intake, computer programming, lower it, prob Cal-tracs or similar after researching on here..., and that should be a good start

If you plan on going for big power down the road, the tranny in the QCs are pretty weak, and they are all 4 speed autos. The QCs are also slower because of the extra weight, and added power loss through the tranny

turning radius on QC is terrible, its sucked as a DD

Hey Bill,

If you need to look at anything on these trucks, dont ask Joemags. ;) You would not see his truck until aftger pollen time and before fall. Very small window. You have a better chance and seeing Haleys comet. :D

TREKER said:
Hey Bill,

If you need to look at anything on these trucks, dont ask Joemags. ;) You would not see his truck until aftger pollen time and before fall. Very small window. You have a better chance and seeing Haleys comet. :D
Scotty Scotty Scotty!!.....:D FUNNY!:D ....... I just belly laughed, big. Thanks, I needed that. Hey, want to come over tonight, I'm going to watch "The Two Towers".?

fastbill said:
Hi All,

Bill from Long Island, NY. Do not have a 10 yet, but this is the year for me. Married, three girls, Chevy fan all my life, but these SRT 10 Rams have enthralled me since they first came out, and although it doesn't please many on here, l'm happy to see they are finally getting in range of my grasp. Would love an '05 Comm Edit, but would 'settle' for an 04-05 RC manual without crazy miles. Will most likely get one from a member here, as l know it would have been treated right, and hopefully have some mods, maybe lowered, exhaust, CAI, bed cover. Not crazy about the 4dr version, but will definitely pounce if the deal is right. There's actually a very nice and clean 06QC l think in NJ that isn't too expensive. Should be ready sometime around April/May to purchase, but l've been looking/drooling for a few months now.
so, thanks for accepting me, and l'll be trolling the forums for info on the truck in the weeks to follow, and seeking things to watch out for when making my purchase.

It sounds like I have exactly what you need. Unfortuneatly it its not 4 SALE:D

joemags54 said:
Scotty Scotty Scotty!!.....:D FUNNY!:D ....... I just belly laughed, big. Thanks, I needed that. Hey, want to come over tonight, I'm going to watch "The Two Towers".?

Sorry Joey, I didn't see this until too late... Rain check, brother...

I want to do the brakes, paint the calipers, and polish the wheels real soon.

NYCSTEV,
definitely nice looking truck!

thanks all for the info. l just jumped off the fence onto the RC side.. something about this truck screams that it has to have a stick. And all PM'ers, please be patient. l know you all have trucks for sale, and l've seen every one posted on here in the last 8 months, and most likely will buy one from a member on the site, but not for another few months, that's all. Maybe NYCSTEV will be ready by then... ;-)

wish l had the cash now... '05 Comm Ed with 750 miles and exhaust on eBay for less than $30k...can't beat that

hi again everybody,

may have struck a deal with an as yet unnamed member of the Forum Madhouse here for his super bada$$ truck. l'm keeping my fingers crossed, hope to be bringing another RC to the Long Island, NY area soon...

04' RC, the fastest color l hear, which of course is Red.... got a few go-fast goodies, which will be detailed shortly...l'm smack dab in the middle of the Island, Centereach. Open your windows in a few weeks and you'll hear me, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back