Reaction score
Before on stock engine with 5.6 LBS Roe

scan0005.jpg

After Forged with 10 LBS Roe

DSC00454.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what was done:
All work done by www.tatorsdodge.com

CP Pistons with pin upgrade( Lowered CR)
ManleY Steel pRo Rods
Comp Cam Custom Grind/Springs Lifters scan0004.jpg
New Rockers
Bronze wall valve guides
Mill 2 heads
PerformaNCE Valve job
Intake and exhaust bowl port and polish
Chamber porting
Hone Block .005 with plate @ OT
Align Hone Mains
MSD Fuel Pump Voltage booster:D
New Bearings
Dyno tuned with Roe Dyno Software

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
very good numbers!!:rock:
I guess this is the most usable power running around the street on street tires. They said with a little more timing they could get it to 700 and some headers would put it over:D

How about the push rods, did they upgrade those?

So you are still running stock exhaust manifold? I think that your next step would be JetHot coated headers...she will breath a lot better but most importantly you will lower the engine compartment temperature 70 or 80 degrees...hence intake will have cooler air to gulp down.

Did they coat the pistons?

Sounds like a strong street machine...I hope you enjoy it this spring (assuming that we get a spring!)

Nice job Steve...

Prof said:
How about the push rods, did they upgrade those?

So you are still running stock exhaust manifold? I think that your next step would be JetHot coated headers...she will breath a lot better but most importantly you will lower the engine compartment temperature 70 or 80 degrees...hence intake will have cooler air to gulp down.

Did they coat the pistons?

Sounds like a strong street machine...I hope you enjoy it this spring (assuming that we get a spring!)

Nice job Steve...
Pushrods yes
Coated yes.
I have stockers and they are Jet hotted from last year.
I have Full BB manifold back exhaust. I could put a set of Bassinnis but I spent enough $$:mad:

Yellow venom said:
Great #'s and build! ,No billet mains?
No mains. I had a long conversation with Tator on this. He said thats one on of the best features about these engines , cross bolted mains. He said they are good to 1500 hp and that there was no need to spend money needlessly. All these people have been doing for the past 18 years is work on these engines.

Last edited:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Thanks for the responses Steve...Tator seems to have a strong reputation...so their ideas are relevant.

JetHot stock exhaust manifolds...very interesting!

My only comment about the mains...the Gen IV main bearings were changed due to the move to 650 hp...that was what motivated me to use the Gen IV mains...

You seem to have a very logical and rational build...I would not expect anything else from you!

Once again, NICE JOB!

Prof said:
Thanks for the responses Steve...Tator seems to have a strong reputation...so their ideas are relevant.

JetHot stock exhaust manifolds...very interesting!

My only comment about the mains...the Gen IV main bearings were changed due to the move to 650 hp...that was what motivated me to use the Gen IV mains...

You seem to have a very logical and rational build...I would not expect anything else from you!

Once again, NICE JOB!
He mentioned it would benefit from headers. Is the flow characteristics of the shorties equivalent to the long tube? I dont really want to carve up a 3500 exhaust system set up for stocke exhaust manifolds

nycstev said:
He mentioned it would benefit from headers. Is the flow characteristics of the shorties equivalent to the long tube? I dont really want to carve up a 3500 exhaust system set up for stocke exhaust manifolds

I would not change a thing Steve. Headers would help...but you and I are not campaigning across the nation and looking for the ever elusive extra tenth or two...in all honesty I think Dodge did a great job with both the intake and exhaust for these engines.

I would bet that if you could get Sean Roe to spend three or four hours tuning it...he could coax another 25 hp out of it easily and safely.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back