o2 sensors.

londongregg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will start by saying I have adult add and get side tracked really easily. A couple of weeks ago, I got under my truck to see how easy it was going to be to get to to change my o2 sensors(after reading some post, I thought I would change them after I saw a wasn't getting what some other we're getting). Anysways, after getting under and seeing how much room I actually had(stock height, on the ground no kind of lift). I got side tracked and next thing I know, I have my exhaust off so I can hear what it sounds like with just the open headers(very ridiculous btw, neighbors hate me leaving for work at 0400).

I'm done with the ridiculousness and ready to put exhaust back on. Now I remember my o2sensor change I was doing originally. I can only locate 3 of the sensors. 2 on the driver side and can on find one on the passenger side. I guessing it is the further sensor from the engine because it matches the one opposite. I have mopar headers if that matters. I know on the other side the o2 is at the end of that header. I have looked opposite and can't find.:dontknow:

Attachments

• 1414616437370415595701.jpg
    1414616437370415595701.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 1414616474328-1798601062.jpg
    1414616474328-1798601062.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 1414616491147-381951041.jpg
    1414616491147-381951041.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 90
I will start by saying I have adult add and get side tracked really easily. A couple of weeks ago, I got under my truck to see how easy it was going to be to get to to change my o2 sensors(after reading some post, I thought I would change them after I saw a wasn't getting what some other we're getting). Anysways, after getting under and seeing how much room I actually had(stock height, on the ground no kind of lift). I got side tracked and next thing I know, I have my exhaust off so I can hear what it sounds like with just the open headers(very ridiculous btw, neighbors hate me leaving for work at 0400).

I'm done with the ridiculousness and ready to put exhaust back on. Now I remember my o2sensor change I was doing originally. I can only locate 3 of the sensors. 2 on the driver side and can on find one on the passenger side. I guessing it is the further sensor from the engine because it matches the one opposite. I have mopar headers if that matters. I know on the other side the o2 is at the end of that header. I have looked opposite and can't find.:dontknow:
You know you are a real gear head when... :D

It'll be just about on top of the bellhousing/engine mating area. Right almost on top of tranny. I hug the tranny plugging and unplugging, lol.
Adult ADD rox!:rock:

I appreciate the responses, I had to return a rental car and waiting on the wife to pick me up. Hopefully enough light out when i get back. Yes ADD rox. The adderal is amazing!

I cant feel/find. I will find someone to help me out later when there is more light. In the mean time, what is this if someone would be so kind?

Attachments

• 1414625456593-422432435.jpg
    1414625456593-422432435.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 77
That appears to be a post cat O2 Simm.

I'm not that familiar with these Sims. They tell the computer the fuel mixture is correct so the truck runs well? Do the Sims work in conjunction with the o2 sensors? Because I have these Sims on both sides of the exhaust?

I'm not that familiar with these Sims. They tell the computer the fuel mixture is correct so the truck runs well? Do the Sims work in conjunction with the o2 sensors? Because I have these Sims on both sides of the exhaust?

Sims only go on rear O2s to tell
PCM your catalytic converters are working properly when none exist ;-)

Yes! So on the drivers side, I have 2 o2 sensors and 1 SIM And one SIM and one o2(that I can find) on the passenger side?!

You should have 1 O2 sensor on front left, 1 on front right, then rear left should be a Sim, and and rear right. Only four O2s! You can leave rears out of exhaust stream an get same effect as Sims.

Should I still be getting codes and check engine light with the Sims?

You shouldn't but they're not all they are cracked up to be often times. Easier to disconnect them, have two rear O2 sensors in their place and zip tie to frame or tranny.

So here is the driver side the 2 o2 sensors and the SIM. Does it matter all three are there or do I need to take the rear o2 off? When I do take it out of stream, I get check engine light and code.

Also, is there anyone near me(Columbia, sc) that really knows these trucks that would do a once over with me? I'm always learning of new things done to this truck from previous owner that I thought were stock. and severval cut wires that I don't know were there for. I will be your bff forever, and could get you lunch or dinner tab sometime.

Attachments

• 1414681272684-1995719165.jpg
    1414681272684-1995719165.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 1414681372491-916346812.jpg
    1414681372491-916346812.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 26
Ok now I see, you have a wideband O2 sensor. That's the one with the different plug bud. Apparently you have a wideband gauge inside truck?
This one does go into exhaust stream. The two simulators should be on rear most connectors.

Ok now I see, you have a wideband O2 sensor. That's the one with the different plug bud. Apparently you have a wideband gauge inside truck?
This one does go into exhaust stream. The two simulators should be on rear most connectors.

That's the air/fuel gauge? Yep have that.

Also has boost gauge? That is another thing I thought was stock, the three guage pillar. Is it possible for someone with the knowledge to figure out what was on the truck before I got it. Maybe some of the work has been done/added and left on and I could save a little and go faster? That is the ultimate goal. Me and the Army differ on what I should be paid.

I know...I have a vehicle I cant afford. Don't care. Mechanically it works fine, If it breaks, ill just park it in garage until I can fix it. Mostly a date/family evening truck. But just like everyone else, I like to get down on it from time to time.

Last edited:
That's the air/fuel gauge? Yep have that.

Also has boost gauge? That is another thing I thought was stock, the three guage pillar. Is it possible for someone with the knowledge to figure out what was on the truck before I got it. Maybe some of the work has been done/added and left on and I could save a little and go faster? That is the ultimate goal. Me and the Army differ on what I should be paid.

I know...I have a vehicle I cant afford. Don't care. Mechanically it works fine, If it breaks, ill just park it in garage until I can fix it. Mostly a date/family evening truck. But just like everyone else, I like to get down on it from time to time.

Sounds like more than likely it's had a supercharger. Whether a Roe or Paxton who knows but I bet if you post pics of truck, engine bay, and vin we'll figure it out. It's the items internally in the engine you can't see is what was possibly done. Pictures of heads, and engine bay in general and I'll tell you what's stock and not. Our trucks came with a single gauge pod pillar. Oil Temperature wS the gauge in that position.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back