Odd Question. Ram srt10 or sports car?

04RCMike

Reaction score
I had an 04 RC that I loved, it was lowered and plenty fast for the cruising around that I did. Never went to any track with it, I just loved it for what it was on the street. I loved the comfort and seating position, just an all around blast to drive. I had traded mine for a 4x4 and regret it ever since so I will be getting something ASAP. I have read a ton of stuff on all the sports cars out there and the 2 that stood out to me and can afford are the 97 viper gts and c6 Z06. I know from the specs that both of these cars are faster and handle better than the truck but what I am hoping to get from this post is anyones experience with the "Fun Factor" of driving one of these sports cars vs the ram RC SRT10? . I will only be driving on nice back country roads, buring tires and such. If there are any other cars out there that someone feels is more fun to drive than the ones above please give me your opinion. Thanks

How tall are you, Mike? I find that lots of us who have owned SRT10's are on the taller or heavier side, and simply fit better in an SRT10 Ram.

How tall are you, Mike? I find that lots of us who have owned SRT10's are on the taller or heavier side, and simply fit better in an SRT10 Ram.

This is the ONLY reason I don't own a viper car. I'm heavy for my frame size.

imo.... a Viper and a Z06 aren't comparable to me... car for car... the Z06 is probably faster in every way, more modern... better etc... But nothing compares to a Viper. It's a Viper... Grandmahs don't drive Vipers.

If you can get a Viper, get a piece of automotive history.

On the streets that I have to drive on I would never be able to corner or go as fast as any of the cars out there can do so I am only concerned in how much fun it is to drive.

go ahead..

Here goes.
flip%2Bbird%2B3_thumb.jpg

The 97 viper gts is one beautiful car. I have always been a lowered truck fan. My last 04 RC SRT10 was my 5th lowered truck. Im just trying to decide if a viper car is more fun. I know it will have to come down to driving one but there are none around me ill have to drive around 1000 miles to test drive one and at that distance im only going out there to pick it up not test drive it.

The 97 viper gts is one beautiful car. I have always been a lowered truck fan. My last 04 RC SRT10 was my 5th lowered truck. Im just trying to decide if a viper car is more fun. I know it will have to come down to driving one but there are none around me ill have to drive around 1000 miles to test drive one and at that distance im only going out there to pick it up not test drive it.

Dude, you easily fit in a Viper. Get one of those. A Gen II will probably feel like a rocket compared to your SRT10. A ZO6 would too, but then you are stuck driving a Corvette.

c6 z06 is superior to a 2nd Gen viper, sorry folks.

Either will be more fun then a ram srt-10. I was going to say that alot of guys have these trucks because they are to big for a sports car and I understand.From the prior post that is basically the case.

Luckly I can fit into anything I want but I needed a truck to haul shit from time to time and I figured if I was going to buy a truck it was going to be a fast one and the fam srt-10 fit the bill and I still have my srt-6 which is actually faster then my truck. However since my truck is a manual it is more fun then my srt-6.

c6 z06 is superior to a 2nd Gen viper, sorry folks.

I'm an LS7 fanboy. I also like the looks of the C6 Vette's. But, at the end of the day, it's still a Vette. IMO, a Gen II will turn way more heads than any Vette.

The thread is about fun factor, on most roads nobody can drive any sports car or our trucks to their potential. Yes a Vette or a GenII is faster, so what. Really it boils down to fun, something that can put a smile on your face. If flash and being noticed is your thing go ahead get some sports car that attracts attention, and with that attracts cops and tickets. If you want something that is easy to get in and out of, can carry more than just 1 friend at a time, is fast enough for traffic and today's driving conditions, can bring home a big screen TV, and can make you smile, get another Ram SRT10. You already mentioned you miss your first one.

First and foremost, what do YOU want? Try to drive both before making a decision and do a lot of research. Do you plan to have it as your daily driver, or a weekend toy? Check the price of parts for general maintenance and other items that tend to wear out because Viper parts for the car are harder to find than they are for the truck...and tend to cost more. The Corvette is a great car, but it has too many nanny controls for my taste. The Viper is a much more rewarding car when driven well, but it's very raw and has NO concern for your safety. It has received a lot of bad press because it makes inexperienced drivers look bad because their enthusiasm overwhelmed their ability. A driving school is recommended if you get the Viper because it could very possibly save your life. There is a HUGE difference in the way the 'vette and Viper are driven because they are apples and oranges. In a Viper, you don't give it a lot of gas unless the front wheels are pointed where you want to go. the early Gen IIs had forged pistons, but didn't get ABS until until 2001. Before that, the brakes were pretty bad and would lock-up the front wheels and flat-spot the tires if you weren't good at threshold breaking. Some people complain about the plastic interior and weird driving position. I've had my Viper since '05, and absolutely love it. I knew ahead of time what I was getting into, but the '96 GTS was my dream car so all its quirky mannerisms were irrelevant the second I hit the gas. I've learned so much and feel I've become a much better driver than I ever would have if I'd had a 'vette.

The Ram is by far much funner. There's just something about fish tailing two tons that you just can't get from a dainty sports car. It's always fun to drop a few jaws on idiots that don't know what this truck is or can do when you smoke them on the street. And the ones that you don't smoke or beat have their balls sweating all over their seat when they start to realize that they almost lost to a truck that weighs twice as much and has inferior aerodynamics. ;)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back