OEM Air Intake System

Devil's Savior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an extra air intake system with the hosing? I am the new owner of a 05 SRT-10 QC with a Volant Air Intake System. Doing research on this forum I have learned that this air intake is terrible for the truck. I am wanting to pick up a stock system for the truck. If you have any idea where I can pick up a relatively cheap OEM air system please let me know.

I have the tube and the lid, however the bottom part of the air box was broken in shipping. I'm sure someone has a complete kit they can sell you, but if you need what I have I will make a deal with you. :D

hmmm i have a stock setup that I want to upgrade whats wrong with the Volant setup?

HAHA I just noticed you are in clarksville too no shipping needed im in Nashville

I have a Volant I will be installing soon too, to each his own I guess.....

Volant is the best by far! Dyno queens don't like them cause they don't understand how cold air or ram air setups work but I'll tell you how......AIR FLOW! Something a Dyno can't replicate. Oh and btw trainman has the fastest n/a truck and he loves his volant

Last edited:
Volant is the best by far! Dyno queens don't like them cause they don't understand how cold air or ram air setups work but I'll tell you how......AIR FLOW! Something a Dyno can't replicate. Oh and btw trainman has the fastest n/a truck and he loves his volant

Us Dyno queens understand we just don't like the looks of the Volant and you don't get the effect of the Volant on the dyno.

Last edited:
I guess its just the simple fact that the sole purpose of the stock hood scoop is to bring under hood temps down right???...so let's stick an intake there to block that and take air into the engine that could be had from another spot...Retarded!!

I guess its just the simple fact that the sole purpose of the stock hood scoop is to bring under hood temps down right???...so let's stick an intake there to block that and take air into the engine that could be had from another spot...Retarded!!

Actually me and trainman have another duct in the passenger side of the grill. Notice the opening in the grill. Also my engine temp and oil temp has never been more than 180 so I dint think cooling is a problem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 114

The Volant has an opening in the front of the box that is easy to adapt a true Ram Air into it. What minimal air goes into the scoop at higher speeds only gives a little more volume to the intake charge. A simple fact is that hood scoops have been used on Muscle cars since the 60's....so it's not retarded....taking hotter air from under the hood or fender area is retarded. I really don't like being insulted....and I think my results speak for themselves....and YOUR best ET is >>>> what.:dontknow:

Actually me and trainman have another duct in the passenger side of the grill. Notice the opening in the grill. Also my engine temp and oil temp has never been more than 180 so I dint think cooling is a problem

Exactly:rock:

Wow this is the guys first post on VTOCA.com can we be a little more civil or take it to another thread?
:eek::confused:

Wow this is the guys first post on VTOCA.com can we be a little more civil or take it to another thread?
:eek::confused:
I don't think they are trying to be uncivil. The debate over is the Volant the best CAI ever or the worst mod one can do, is common round these parts. I can tell you that I believe the science supports the fact that it hinders performance. I can also tell you that I have never talked to anyone that was not totally satisfied after having installed one.

HAHA Very few post yes rookie no just saying this thread got JACKED lol

This thread was about the quality of the volant. And that's what we are debating. People dog them cause they're expensive but were building vipers not hemi's. they're not cheap and I just hate people that buy the trucks and find out they're expensive in every aspect of anything you do to them.so they leave them stock and use trash talk to cover up the point they can't afford to do anything to them. This kind of performance isn't and never will be cheap!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back