OEM PowderCoated Calipers & Stinkers Stainless Lines INSTALLED!

Oh, and BTW the powdercoated calipers look fantastic! Who did the powdercoating? Did you have to disassemble them and then rebuild them after they were coated? Can you give us some info on the process please?

After seeing yours, that is project #1 for this winter. Very, very nice truck.

NightRunner385 said:
Oh, and BTW the powdercoated calipers look fantastic! Who did the powdercoating? Did you have to disassemble them and then rebuild them after they were coated? Can you give us some info on the process please?

JMB did the powdercoating. The work they did is fantastic. Just wish they would have packaged them a bit better. Justin took care of me in the end.
Not cheap, though...
I mailed him a set of used OEM calipers and they were completely disasembled and rebuilt, including having the pistons removed. They were sanded and done in gloss red with clear coat.
Highly recommended.

You have the nicest engine bay I've seen yet! I love the direction you went with it; nice work. Now where did you get that radiator cap with the viper design on it?

I am trying to get upgraded rotors but I am not sure which one is going to work out for me, anyone have a good rotor/pad set-up

What was the turnaround time on the powder coating process through JMB?

Thanks,

Roy

Prof said:
What was the turnaround time on the powder coating process through JMB?

Thanks,

Roy

They were fast.. Like 3-5 business days.
I have my rear calipers I'll let go for $50 shipped if you want them. One of the pistons is cracked, so 1 of the 4 pistons would need to be replaced.

Alright I can't find the covers for the Brake fluid and coolant tanks ..... Could ya help me out. Where'd ya get them, if you could and how much $ about where they. I did the tape and paint thing on mine this past weekend. Really cleaned things up. ....... Thanks for all the great ideas. I won't copy yours, but I do like some of the touches you did.

Thanks Jim

JimTeTe said:
Alright I can't find the covers for the Brake fluid and coolant tanks ..... Could ya help me out. Where'd ya get them, if you could and how much $ about where they. I did the tape and paint thing on mine this past weekend. Really cleaned things up. ....... Thanks for all the great ideas. I won't copy yours, but I do like some of the touches you did.

Thanks Jim

Here is the best place to get the brake fluid cover:
http://3rdstrike.biz/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_3071_3072_97_193_12_62&products_id=43&zenid=8acd77b7216a00185c88b7ed15471e8d

For the coolant tank,,, I will be going with a MOON bullet tank, down the road along with a braided stainless line leading from the radiator to the tank.
http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/tanks.html
I talked to them about making me a custom tank.. It was going to run around $300 for a polished tank. It would be mounted where my windshield washer reservior was.. That's down the road.

The battery cover is nice. Where did you get it. It really cleaned up that part big time.

iraqivet01 said:
The battery cover is nice. Where did you get it. It really cleaned up that part big time.

Just got it on ebay.. Type in "optima battery cover" and quite a few will pop up. Something like $70 shipped. A fantastic piece.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back