OEM PowderCoated Calipers & Stinkers Stainless Lines INSTALLED!

portlandsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... This looks SO good. Looks just like a big brake kit should.
I didn't get a chance to wash the truck, so forgive the pix. I just couldn't wait to share with the group.
I'm not big on being a "poser" so I'll be taking off the Brembo stickers. I was just curious to see how they looked.
Well,,, off to give her a bath!

IMG_0435-vi.jpg

IMG_0436-vi.jpg

IMG_0437-vi.jpg

IMG_0438-vi.jpg

IMG_0439-vi.jpg

Awwwww, heck. Might as well thrown in some more engine bay pix. These are better than the ones I posted a while back:

IMG_0443-vi.jpg

IMG_0431-vi.jpg

IMG_0442-vi.jpg

IMG_0444-vi.jpg

IMG_0445-vi.jpg

The front of my truck engine bay "blacked out".. Looks a LOT better than even a brand new truck. Just a lot of tape, a few king size bedsheets to protect from overspray and a couple rattle cans:

IMG_0441-vi.jpg

IMG_0446-vi.jpg

I have my front stock calipers sold (to a forum member who is doing the same thing to his truck).... However, my rears are still up for the taking. $60 shipped takes them. One of the pistons is cracked. A new piston should only run $10 or so...

IMG_0440-vi.jpg

Lookin' good! Can't wait till I get yours painted and install. Where did you get the brembo stickers?

LitemUp said:
Lookin' good! Can't wait till I get yours painted and install. Where did you get the brembo stickers?
Pictures don't do it justice. They look so much better than the el' cheapo paint job from the factory.
I bought a set of 4"x1" high temp brembo stickers off a member from ebay. They are pretty high quality. They sent me "6" of them... If you want "2" for me to include in the box with my fronts, just let me know and they're yours.

lightningKILLER said:
Just WOW bro. That has to be the cleanest SRT-10 I've seen in and out. Great looking truck!
Thanks man... Over 45K miles on the clock for this daily driver.

SANCHOBA said:
okay....what did you do with your windshield washer bottle?:argh:

Sold my 2nd one to Ram From Hell.... At some point down the road, I'm going to replace my black one with a chrome 2 quart Moon Bullet tank, complete with a braided stainless line. That will be on my radar next.
If you want to do what I did, Just clean your existing tank with some rubbing alcohol and go pick up a high gloss can of black spray paint and have at it.. That's all I did.
You can really see the difference here. Before & After:
IMG_0196-vi.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_0443-vi.jpg

SANCHOBA said:
okay....what did you do with your windshield washer bottle?:argh:

DOH!!! Misread your email. I was thinking coolant tank. Just removed my windshield washer tank a few months back. I never used it. Really cleaned up my engine bay to have it gone.

gotcha'.... hey, i went to wally mart and all i found was the KRYLON FUSION for plastic,is that what you used? it didn't say anything about being high temp:dontknow:

SANCHOBA said:
gotcha'.... hey, i went to wally mart and all i found was the KRYLON FUSION for plastic,is that what you used? it didn't say anything about being high temp:dontknow:
I'm sure you'll be fine, bro... I know mine said high-temp but I painted the front of the radiator and all the supports with a non high-temp paint and it's holding up perfectly. Give er' a shot! Good Luck!

Looks good brother, good to hear the Brembo stickers are coming off. TRW brakes kick ass, nothing wrong with them and they're equal to or better than Brembos, just without all the publicity, advertising and hype. One of the best features of our trucks is the clamping power. I love my brakes, touchy at first until you get used to them.:) Thanks for sharing your awesome machine, well done with lots of excellent personal touches.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
are the breaks not made by brembo anyway ??? or not?

The calipers on '05 and '06 trucks are made by TRW. They are the largest automotive brakes ever made by that company. Here's a copy of the press release when they announced that they (TRW) were going to be supplying the calipers.

Press Release

TRW Automotive Brakes Stop the World's Fastest Production Pickup

LIVONIA, Mich., Jan. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- TRW Automotive Holdings Corp. (NYSE: TRW) announced today that its Kelsey-Hayes Co. is producing the full braking system for the Dodge Ram SRT10 -- the world's fastest production pickup truck, according to the Guinness Book of World Records.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050111/DETU020

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20010824/TRWLOGO )

Working closely with their Chrysler Group colleagues, TRW engineers helped to design and develop the full system including four-wheel disc brakes, actuation and an advanced anti-lock brake system (ABS). TRW also produces a wide range of brakes for the full line up of Dodge Ram trucks.

For the 2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 model, TRW launched its largest-ever opposed piston caliper for North American supply and production, adding the enhanced braking capabilities of a four-pot opposed piston design for high performance applications.

"The Dodge Ram SRT10 represents an exciting opportunity for TRW to work with the Chrysler Group on an industry leading vehicle for performance trucks," said Peter J. Lake, executive vice president of Sales and Business Development, TRW Automotive. "The 2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 is another in a series of exhilarating performance vehicles on which TRW has supplied brake products in recent years, including the Dodge Viper and the Prowler."

In fact, the Dodge Ram SRT10 shares the same V-10 power plant as the Viper and the brakes are tuned to meet the exacting performance necessary to stop a 500 hp vehicle. In the case of the Dodge Ram SRT10, the brakes are even larger than those of the Viper to efficiently stop the added weight and size of the vehicle while achieving best-in-class brake performance.

In addition, the advanced anti-lock braking system has been tested and trimmed to meet the added speed requirements of the Dodge Ram SRT10, the fastest ABS vehicle application yet supplied by TRW in North America.

"Designing and developing the Dodge Ram SRT10 brake system with our engineering colleagues at the Chrysler Group has been a rewarding experience," according to Josef Pickenhahn, vice president of brake engineering for TRW Automotive. "You learn new lessons in how to improve your products through performance applications and this program will help us to develop additional improvements for all of the brake systems that we supply from the Neon to the Ram truck models."

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back