Official Houston, Texas GTG August 20th

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
This is a formal invitation to the Texas GTG in Houston on August 20th, 2011. Welcoming all vehicles to have fun in this grudge match! Also welcome other states far and wide,lol.
This will be an EAT, RACE, AND BE MERRY event. We will likely grab grub around 5-7 or so, head to the track and get some sea level runs. Still probably be around 2200ft. or so depending on temp and hum. but beats 33-3600 in Waco. Then on to the merry part. Head to the local hangout suggested by the Houstonians for a good time and more hanging out with other forum members and friends.:rock:

A excerpt from the other thread giving details of meeting times by a local Houstonian and Pusstang owner, Ryan AKA Fahrenheit.................................

"OK guys, its less than a week away. Unless Justin and Scotty come early, I figured we all meet up at the West Houston Muscle car meet and leave from there, located at I-10 and Mason rd @ 5pm....we can leave and head out to the track from there. If you guys show up earlier you can hang out at my place and then head out to the WHM meet to get with the others. Right now we have about a dozen people committed, so it should be a good time."
Be nice to have an official list of names attending so as to know what we can arrange as far as convoys to and from Houston.:burnout:

1. Venomous1

Last edited:
I sold my 10 last wed and bought a jeep unlimited. However depending on wk I may be able to show.

Ok so here is the OFFICIAL Plan. We will meet at the WEST HOUSTON MUSCLES car meet located at I-10 and Mason rd. There are several restraunts within walking distance from the show, you can park at the meet and leave you vehicles there and go eat. From there we can head out to the track, it opens at 6pm and racing begins at 7pm. Its about a 20-25 min drive from the WHM meet, so there will be a nice stretch of road getting there (wink wink). You will be able to get several runs in at Lone Star. I have about a dozen committed people coming out to play, this will be a great time, and its been a long time coming..... hope to see you there!

Here is a link to the WHM site with the address:

Twice A Month Blast to the Past: 1st and 3rd Saturday of the Month

Link to Lone Star Motorsports park

Lonestar Motorsports Park - Upcoming Events Calendar

this is a much better plan than the erratic meet ups that i was trying to plan around a dyno day!!! my engine is locked up...so unless my mechanic can pull a horseshoe out of his ass...i dont think im gonna make it

this is a much better plan than the erratic meet ups that i was trying to plan around a dyno day!!! my engine is locked up...so unless my mechanic can pull a horseshoe out of his ass...i dont think im gonna make it

Unless you'll be up his ass helping him, you still oughta come out and meet us?

The racetrack is east or west of Katy? Guess I'm gonna bring my front runners itll be the fitst time at the track with them

I can meet you guys at EXIT 731 when you come in at the La Quinta parking lot, right off I-10 and drive into the WHM meet with you guys, Im sure I can get jsandlin to come too, my brother in law with his TT350Z will be with me also.

BTW if you want to PARK in the WHM meet, they charge a 1 time fee of $5 and you get a hang tag, some of the guys coming with us are specifically going to the WHM meet just to get the tag for the next weekends night meet. Othewise you can park just outside of the show...its up to you'z guy'z

I can meet you guys at EXIT 731 when you come in at the La Quinta parking lot, right off I-10 and drive into the WHM meet with you guys, Im sure I can get jsandlin to come too, my brother in law with his TT350Z will be with me also.

BTW if you want to PARK in the WHM meet, they charge a 1 time fee of $5 and you get a hang tag, some of the guys coming with us are specifically going to the WHM meet just to get the tag for the next weekends night meet. Othewise you can park just outside of the show...its up to you'z guy'z

The benefits of parking at this meet are? Parking outside the show? Pros and cons?:eek:

Its basically a car show. People come to check out your ride and what not. I just park outside because im a cheap bastard and no one wants to see a minivan anyways until i start it up :)

Its a "protected" area for your vehicle, you get to show it off, and its around a bunch of car enthusist who will watch your ride unlike it being parked outside the area.....for $5 its worth it, you will probably end on up on the forum when they post pics of the meet, there are no 10's that show up.....

Its a "protected" area for your vehicle, you get to show it off, and its around a bunch of car enthusist who will watch your ride unlike it being parked outside the area.....for $5 its worth it, you will probably end on up on the forum when they post pics of the meet, there are no 10's that show up.....

Just so long as my baby is safe:D

confirmed ZR1 vette coming.....:)

LSX FTW!

disappointment.jpg

Last edited:
ok justin we are talking about a 100K+ vehicle.....An ACR Viper would be good competition....looking across the street from the fire station now I see 2 of them, and a Ford GT, and a 70 Challenger and Charger...ok its about $500-$700K worth of vehicles over at this repair shop sitting out front. The guys here say he has over 100 cars, WTF? I need to get into the auto repair business!

ok justin we are talking about a 100K+ vehicle.....An ACR Viper would be good competition....looking across the street from the fire station now I see 2 of them, and a Ford GT, and a 70 Challenger and Charger...ok its about $500-$700K worth of vehicles over at this repair shop sitting out front. The guys here say he has over 100 cars, WTF? I need to get into the auto repair business!

chopshop......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back