Official Inevitable Wear and Tear List Thread

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if a thread like this was already generated, but I’ll start one anyway. Many of you have had your trucks from the get go about 3 to 4 years now. I’ve personally been running around with mine since August, 2005. We are used to showing off their beauty with pictures and videos. By now I can imagine there are major or slight flaws out there from normal wear and tear as well as problems that have emerged from upgrade mods. I figured we could build a list of some imperfections we experience with these things to document them or keep a look out for them if they haven’t occurred yet. I’ll begin with my 2004 RC:

The flaws my #1900 currently has at 38,800 miles and hardly any modding is an occasional jumping out of first gear (for starters). This happened even before the full Centerforce upgrade. Also, I get the infamous shifter noise from my gen II X-Metal shifter. Oh, and how could I forget that damn “lamp outâ€￾ light comes on at each start up because of my HIDs? Other than those minor issues she drives as great as she did when I first bought her brand new. Anyone else?
:dontknow:

I bought my truck in Sept 06 with 17000 miles on it. My first problem, on the way home from California to Alberta I had a fuel leak in Salt Lake City. One of the plastic clips retaining the return line to the tank had broke. I was pulled over by a cop who was actually going after someone else when he could see and smell the fuel hitting his windshield. Then I was stuck in Salt Lake for 2 days because this happened Thanksgiving morning. Second problem, the plastic shift fork pads in my tranny broke causing me to lose reverse. Third problem, also in the tranny my shift rail bushings were scared somehow causing the shifter to be super stiff. Fourth problem, the passenger door lock mechanism was cracked and this caused a nasty noise every once in a while when locking or unlocking the doors.

Now I am going to do a bunch of mods and hopefully dont break anything else.

Driving mine since April of 05, bought it new less than a 100 miles fixing to roll over 32000 miles
Working on my second set of tires replaced the Pirellis with conti crosscontacts at 23000, sure rides a lot better.
I am not having any issues yet I am mechanically still stock. Last month it was making a noise like the belt tensioner was squealing when cold in a couple miles it would quit, I took it to a dodge dealer in Lewisville and they replaced the belt(no charge) and that is the most trouble I have had so far.
Feels real strong and pretty tight.

I bought mine in March of 04. It has 4300 miles on her and the only problem I've experienced so far is out of round tires from sitting in the garage to long at a time. Other than that, she is pretty cherry :D :D :D :rock:

Bought mine in March of '05 w\500 miles on it. Currently 20100 on it.
Have replaced carpet (worn spot on tranny tunnel)
Both Brake and Clutch pedal covers (knub broke off)
Door weather stripping (Door wears through at bottom)
Power steering pump (was losing pressure a low speed)
Steering column U-joint (was making noise)
The driver side curtain airbag was making intermittent noise (rattle) Fixed it myself. Dodge never would have found it.

I think that's it for warranty work. Other work has been: Brake pads, tires.

Last edited:
I bought mine used with 11,900 miles and just rolled over 20,000. Had the truck 7 months now and drive the piss out of it everyday! The only wear and tear is I am starting to see some wear spots on the steering wheel. But hey, sometimes it requires a death grip! And I have noticed the grille is a little flimsy when I close the hood. Other than that, I treat this truck really well and it does me the same!

I bought mine with 15,500 miles on it.
It got here to Calgary and had to get an out of province which they made me get new brakes and a bunch of other little crap but it added up to 1800 Bucks. Dam Stealership
Then the engine went and it was covered thanks to the lack of mods. After four months of waiting I had a new engine. That cost 3000 Bucks for all the wear items in the engine. I also got new tires at that time I cant remember what that cost. Allot more than from the US.
Then one of the cats went that was an easy decision I called Justin and ordered an exhaust.
I hope the only other thing to upgrade is the clutch and then some tires down the road and maybe go to a higher power level.

bought my first '05 in Dec. of 04 drove it 17,000. no probs till it was stole. bought my 2nd '05 in Feb. last year with 9400 on her. 23,000 now. had the door seals replaced under the TBS & had an engine oil cooler line blow out last week. hopefully the AN fittins & SS hose be in tomorrow to permently fix that prob. YA'LL PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON AND/OR REPLASE THESE P.O.S. LINES. other than that she is doin fine

From 0 to 10,000 miles with no problems. Just put Continental tires on and love them. Need to get brake pads that don't produce a never ending supply of dust and squeel. Oh, and I drive the piss out of it. Any lesser vehicle would have been begging for mercy by now. I also love how well the interior holds up. It looks as new as the day I bought it except for a little normal wear on the drivers seat and there is no reason to think it won't look new after 100,000 miles.

Other than a loose wheel and a steering pump failure, no problems

I think mine had 12 miles on it when it came off of the showroom floor, and it had 30,000+ miles on her when I got rid of her. Other than the door seals there were no problems.:) And she put a smile on my face every time I drove her.

Good Idea

Bought mine new in Nov 06. 2100 miles on it . Only problem is a noise when I step on the clutch and release it. Put a little oil on the shaft that goes into the clutch cylinder. No luck. It's just annoying. My front grill seemed to wobble when I fist bought it. Seemed there was a rubber snubber missing on one side. Took it back to the dealer. They had to order it. Few days later took it back. Big to do. Came out with a camera and took pictures of the hole the snubber should have been in. Seemed they were surprised I noticed it was missing. I asked, What else might be missing I haven't found yet? No answer.
Nothing else YET? bobby mac

Bought my '05 in April of '06 with 5900 miles on it. Just turned 32K.

Replaced the weather seals on the doors - warranty
Replaced the Oil Cooler Lines - warranty
Replaced the POS 6 disc changer radio 3 times - warranty (finally went aftermarket)

Steering wheel is showing signs of wear, and the front seat is a too.
Driver's side stock speaker is blown.:(

Otherwise, she's still a great truck!!

I have owned my truck twice now. I bought with 3 miles on it and sold it with 700 then bought it back with 1100 miles on it. I have replaced the upper door seals that tear(bulletin sent on this). It has the normal clunk in the rearend, brakes squeak and create lots of dust. It now has 4300 miles on it and no problems to report.

Bruce

24,000 miles - 2.5 sets of tires, on the 3rd set of brakes, 4 warranty transmitions, 4 clutchs, vapor pump, door seals, 2 belts, a power steering pump, Cd player, 2 speakers, and I still love it!!!!

ChrisAZ said:
From 0 to 10,000 miles with no problems. Just put Continental tires on and love them. Need to get brake pads that don't produce a never ending supply of dust and squeel. Oh, and I drive the piss out of it. Any lesser vehicle would have been begging for mercy by now. I also love how well the interior holds up. It looks as new as the day I bought it except for a little normal wear on the drivers seat and there is no reason to think it won't look new after 100,000 miles.

Oh yes.. I forgot to mention the front brake pads had to be changed to produce less dust. The cut door seals were replaced under warranty, and one of the stock cats got clogged up at 9,000 miles. If I wasn't completely stock at the time I would have been screwed. The interior DOES hold up quite well. I love the interior scheme. I'm on my second set of Scorpion tires and I have plenty more tread on them to go. Fear of breaks excessive wear and failures make me reluctant in upgrading her further (performance wise). As long as I can continue keeping the cracks out of the windshield and rock chips from the paint(knocking on wood) #1900 will be great.:D

Just turned 13K miles...the tire tread doesn't seem to last very long!:D
Only thing I needed was a A/C charge...115* in AZ will do that!

Only RBQ radio (CD changer) brroke down after 8000 miles.... for the rest I love it :rock: :D

I've had mine for just over a year now and its still stock in every way,
when i bought. They brought it to me from woodhouse to atl.
the only thing has happen is my aspahlt roller hit the back right corner
Its going in to get fixed next week ($1350)
and the main belt is making a noise that is loud when it first starts up, and the rear tires only lasted 15000 miles!
other than that its drives perfect and sound perfect.

1badnightrunner said:
I've had mine for just over a year now and its still stock in every way,
when i bought. They brought it to me from woodhouse to atl.
the only thing has happen is my aspahlt roller hit the back right corner
Its going in to get fixed next week ($1350)
and the main belt is making a noise that is loud when it first starts up, and the rear tires only lasted 15000 miles!
other than that its drives perfect and sound perfect.

15000 miles is alot for me!:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back