Oil Brand/Weight?

Either one man.
I've contemplated it and would have gone with either diesel oil or the 15/50 M1 but I decided to stick with the thinner stuff for the "winter" we didn't have. Lol

I run rotella and its the regular stuff mon synthetic
This is just what I do
I'm not saying it is ok to do

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

Castrol Synthetic 10/60 same as my e39 M5.... But I am constantly in high temps here.

Did some maintenance today, I changed the oil, used the Rotella T6 and a viper oil filter, changed the manual trans. fluid, I used the Mopar synthetic syntorq and I put in 2 bottles of modifier. I changed the rear diff fluid with mobil-1 75w90 LS gear oil and 2 bottles of modifier. Put on a new drive belt, cleaned the throttle body and did an engine decarb. Seems to be running better and I noticed more throttle response. I picked up new spark plugs (champion from the dealer) and will do that in the near future. So far so good!!!

So far so good with the T6, the biggest thing I noticed was putting the viper oil filter on. It had an aftermarket one on before that, ( was on when I bought the truck) kinda of weird because the truck made a hum/ buzz type noise under load, and after servicing it, the noise was gone.

So far so good with the T6, the biggest thing I noticed was putting the viper oil filter on. It had an aftermarket one on before that, ( was on when I bought the truck) kinda of weird because the truck made a hum/ buzz type noise under load, and after servicing it, the noise was gone.

It was the oil filter causing that noise for sure, many others have experienced it also.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back