Oil burning

Reaction score
Is it common for the tens to burn oil I dont see any leaks but I go through about a quart every couple of months its driving me nuts

Yea buddy mine used a little oil. No leaks or anything. The harder you drivem the more they burn! Just keep an eye on it.;)

i use a quart to 3,000 miles like clock work
& thats with Roe breather & Justin's catch can set up

have u changed ur oil cooler lines? its my understanding that they tend to leak more the more u push ur engine. wich would explain the no puddle question because the oil would be on the road not the garage.

fastestbrickonearth said:
have u changed ur oil cooler lines? its my understanding that they tend to leak more the more u push ur engine. wich would explain the no puddle question because the oil would be on the road not the garage.

they need to be replaced no matter what:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Over 100,000 miles and about to install my 7th set of tires. (not babied) and absolutely no change on the dip stick when I change oil at 2500 miles.

Mine won't use a pint of oil between 3500 mile changes...of course I do baby it:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

FATJACK said:
Mine won't use a pint of oil between 3500 mile changes...of course I do baby it:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

babies ass:toilet::aetsch::elefant::aetsch::toilet::D

Some do , some dont, alot depends on the quality and grade of oil you use, these engines are hand assembled at the factory , so tolerances can vary.

if you are using a touch of oil, change the grade oil , and possibly a different brand, most will use a mobile 15w40 or rotella 15w40 diesel oil, comsumption drops as well as engine noise.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO BY THE WIEGHT ON THE OIL CAP

oil wieght should be determined by your mods, and climate of where you live.

Change every 6k or sooner. Never used a drop between changes. 0w40 with a bottle of lucas synthetic oil stabilizer. Some guys say stay away from the oil adatives but I have had no problems or oil use. It makes the lifter noise less noticed. Really good stuff in the 95+ heat here.

I have changed my oil lines because they were leaking and that didnt fix it I have been using royal Purple 5 w 20 so I will try some of the other options thanks

change to a 10/30 at least and like 500 add some lucas, you are down in the flatland area, very very humid comditions, see if that helps buddy

Chuck B said:
Over 100,000 miles and about to install my 7th set of tires. (not babied) and absolutely no change on the dip stick when I change oil at 2500 miles.
i change every 3k with the 0/40 mobil 1...always have...what's the point of changing now:dontknow:, and don't use any...yet...but i'm about to get my 5th set of tires....so what do i know:aetsch:

When I was using synthetic RP I notice I burned a quart ( I have a s/c) went back to regular 20/50 good to go. So if your using synthetic go up a wt or switch back to regular. Link Tony said these motors very different, I had one of the higher stock hp at 479 and alot where at 420-430 so they do vary.

With Royal Purple 20/50 I burned zero oil between 2K oil changes....Mobile 1 15/50 I use approx 1 qt every 1.1K miles.....will be going back to RP next change...;)

TNVIPER said:
With Royal Purple 20/50 I burned zero oil between 2K oil changes....Mobile 1 15/50 I use approx 1 qt every 1.1K miles.....will be going back to RP next change...;)
Oh dont get me worng I love rp but the rings I got are so damn hard it needs the thick stuff:p Oil still good. I have never seen so many different variances in one motor than these.:dontknow: :confused: But you gotta love it:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back