oil change nightmare

and yes...I caused it by doing my own oil changes.....I guess I am a wild man throwing oil all over the place....WHATVER!

I changed my oil yesterday night, in my garage. it was dark. I dropped $130 worth of mobil 1 0-40 in there and fire it up. I Look under the truck and see oil gushing from my oil filter...... WTF i say! I crushed the filter trying to get the ol'e blue (dont know what kind) filter off. Put the new one on and didnt check to make sure the seal went with the old filter.. i also didnt wipe the housing were the filter would have went cuz if i did I would have seen the old seal still up there. I put a new mopar filter in hand tight and it wasnt leaking, checked level and it was good to go.
In all my changes I have never done that before:) lol

lukedovichak said:
I changed my oil yesterday night, in my garage. it was dark. I dropped $130 worth of mobil 1 0-40 in there and fire it up. I Look under the truck and see oil gushing from my oil filter...... WTF i say! I crushed the filter trying to get the ol'e blue (dont know what kind) filter off. Put the new one on and didnt check to make sure the seal went with the old filter.. i also didnt wipe the housing were the filter would have went cuz if i did I would have seen the old seal still up there. I put a new mopar filter in hand tight and it wasnt leaking, checked level and it was good to go.
In all my changes I have never done that before:) lol

I think several here have done that...would have never thought about it if I hadn't read about it here.

that was a way to get jiffy lube or any oil place to buy you a new engine. You go there get your oil changed, go home remove filter, install a xtra gasket and run the engine out of oil.

Have it towed to the dealer and boom new engine!

bigike said:
that was a way to get jiffy lube or any oil place to buy you a new engine. You go there get your oil changed, go home remove filter, install a xtra gasket and run the engine out of oil.

Have it towed to the dealer and boom new engine!

that is DIRTY i like it:>:burnout:

take it back to dealer and show them again. see what they say.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back