Oil change!

Luke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to be doing my first Oil change in my new viper !!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

What weight oil. How many quarts and which filter you guys recommend. In my Hemi I ran mobil 1 then royal purple. Is purple bad for these motors? What should i get?

There have been MANY MANY threads on this already, Luke.... Oil type and brand is a big debate! You should check out some of the older threads to make your own conclusions. ;)

That being said, the cliff notes are: Mobil 1 is very popular... weight depends on where you live... the Mopar "Viper" oil filters are quite popular (but that's up for debate as well).

Hell, even the AMOUNT of oil to use in a oil change is disputed. :eek:

Joe Gibbs oil is the best money can buy. Also to be honest the Ford Motorcraft filters (believe it or not) are also the best filters made.

Here we go again. lol

Ok. I will look i was on my Phone. Search bar would keep dissapearing. Ill look n if im still wondering ill ask lol

Shell Rotella T6 & the white Viper filter & just under 9 qts on mine

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

i love these threads....

But ill just add in my 2 cents.... Redline Performance Oil and K&N filter, no complaints. Reason why i go with those is because the place that sells them, i get a military discount so they are cheaper then mobile 1 and a normal filter.

I use the Mobil-1 15-50 Mopar ,,oil filter , 8.5 qts........ mine is an 05 QC....I tried the mobil 0w-40 at first then changed to the Royal purple ,,,,then to the 15w-50----it is quiter and does not use oil between oil changes ... The others would use about a 1 to 1/2 qts between changes. I am in florida, depending on your climate make a proper choice.....Do a search for 505's thread on about oil. It has a bunch of the threads compiled on 1 thread.

Use some of that no name shit from the dollar store and reuse your old dirty filter...J/K

here in california you can get a 6 pack of mobil 1 quarts ( 10w-30) for around $27 with a coupon at Costco.

Next time I change my oil I am going to get a plastic back to use when I remove the oil filter ( put the bag completely around the oil filter and twist it off from outside the bag), saving me a little cleanup afterwards. If you just try to take it off by hand you WILL get oil EVERYWHERE.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back