oil filter ?

joemags54 said:
OHHHHH sorry Bud! I though it was for 1 ONLY. (Old age creepin in) Now back to the regular scheduled program. Or as Emily Letilla used to say, "nevermind". :) :D I'm buying three right now.......

i hear ya on the "old age" thingie.:mad: :( :D

ya know what sucks bout gettin old............

gettin old. lmao:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

ZCx said:
i hear ya on the "old age" thingie.:mad: :( :D

ya know what sucks bout gettin old............

gettin old. lmao:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
:D :D :D Getting old ain't for woosies.

joemags54 said:
:D :D :D Getting old ain't for woosies.

LMAO:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

joemags54 said:
OHHHHH sorry Bud! I though it was for 1 ONLY. (Old age creepin in) Now back to the regular scheduled program. Or as Emily Letilla used to say, "nevermind". :) :D I'm buying three right now....... I'm back. Just bought them. The shipping adds 12 bucks totaled to $42 and change. That's about it.
i saw he had 3 for sale.......but need just ONE, wanna' sell me one?:)

I use the Mopar black filter seems to work great and got rid of the "whine". The previous owner had an aftermarket filter on it and when we first got the truck we were like oh great what the F is that?

bigredv10 said:
I use the Mopar black filter seems to work great and got rid of the "whine". The previous owner had an aftermarket filter on it and when we first got the truck we were like oh great what the F is that?

with yours bein an '04 be worth checkin to see if yours needs the oil pump by-pass valve update.

seems some filters cover the "whine" & some make it worse.
JMVHO:rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
with yours bein an '04 be worth checkin to see if yours needs the oil pump by-pass valve update.

seems some filters cover the "whine" & some make it worse.
JMVHO:rock: :rock: :rock:
How do we get this valve? Is it a simple install?

JRSVIPR said:
How do we get this valve? Is it a simple install?

got mine from Kevin @ Exotic Engine.

gave him the castin number off the front cover & mine fell into the need it column.

not hard to do. take the fan belt loose, unbolt the a/c compressor & swing back out of the way. remove the plug, if its been "shuttlin" long enough the plug will be loose & might be weepin some oil. if not be sure your allen wrench is engaged fully & good steady pressure & it should come loose. if not & it rounds out the allen hole. air hammer with a chisel bit should get it out.
remove plug, spring & plunger. if ya got some Eaton silicon lube, grease up the o'ring on the new valve & install & reassemble.

white Viper oil filter & stinkers oil lines & your good to go
:rock: :rock: :rock:

SANCHOBA said:
i saw he had 3 for sale.......but need just ONE, wanna' sell me one?:)
Sure no problemo. Just send me your shipping info and I'll get it out UPS Monday morning.:) PS you can buy me a beer next time we meet.

JRSVIPR said:
Did not see the ones showing the bypass valve.

they are in the Exotic Engine section. oil pump by pass valve stickey thread

ZCx said:
they are in the Exotic Engine section. oil pump by pass valve stickey thread
Thanks bro, I knew i saw that stuff someplace.:rock:

just went into advanced and picked up some straight 40 for the first oil change and they had a thing going on for 5 quarts and mobil 1 oil filter for $32. wondering if this filter would be okay to use? I was planning on ordering the mopar filter listed in this thread but wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this Mobil 1 "high efficiency, high capacity" M1-204 oil filter?

just went into advanced and picked up some straight 40 for the first oil change and they had a thing going on for 5 quarts and mobil 1 oil filter for $32. wondering if this filter would be okay to use? I was planning on ordering the mopar filter listed in this thread but wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this Mobil 1 "high efficiency, high capacity" M1-204 oil filter?

I wouldn't use straight 40..that's a little thick fr startups. And you are going to need 8 quarts not 5.

I have tried several filters, here's the thread.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/oil-filter-comparison-32431/

I am going to stick to Mopar 5281090BA (Factory original). It does not whine at all.

Cool, thanks for the link...

The previous owner said he ran straight 40 fs, switched to 10w-30 fs, and was going to go back to 40 before he sold it. but i'm still doing some research. I bought 9 quarts and was planning on putting 8.5 in, the five was just the deal at the store so it was a deal even without the filter.

I wouldn't use straight 40..that's a little thick fr startups. And you are going to need 8 quarts not 5.

I have tried several filters, here's the thread.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/oil-filter-comparison-32431/

I am going to stick to Mopar 5281090BA (Factory original). It does not whine at all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back