oil pump by-pass valve

ZCx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
howdy,
just an update on the oil filter "whine" thingie that i had been chasin for awhile.
got in touch with Kevin & he hooked me up with the fix for it. basicly a redesigned valve assembly.
have run it it different temps.,outside, & the same r.p.m.'s & engine temps. no prob.
thanks Kevin :rock: :rock: :rock:
the photos are of the old valve installed. have to take off fan belt & remove a/c comp. & swing out of the way
old valve removed
tried a shot down the by-pass bore
the last one is of the 3 styles that i know of.
top one is stock
middle one is what ya get when you order it from Dodge. looked way too short to me. Dodge updated the plunger & spring & not the cap.
bottom one is from Kevin. a bit different.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• 100_0281.jpg
    100_0281.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 544
  • 100_0282.jpg
    100_0282.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_0283.jpg
    100_0283.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 412
  • 100_0285.jpg
    100_0285.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 699
I just saw this post for the fix on the whining / moaning issue and I am wondering why there was no that answered such an important post?

Due to it's nature I am going to make it a sticky.

sounds good to me. i think that most folks think the oil filter fixes the prob.
there are some other threads on this subject.
not all engines need the up date. Kevin can check if your engine needs the update by the castin number off the front cover
would be good to see how many engine failures have the old style valve & factory oil cooler lines still installed

Last edited:
ZCx said:
sounds good to me. i think that most folks think the oil filter fixes the prob.
there are some other threads on this subject.
not all engines need the up date. Kevin can check if your engine needs the update by the castin number off the front cover
would be good to see how many engine failures have the old style valve & factory oil cooler lines still installed

By chance are you aware if this situation applies to any 2006 trucks?

to the best of my knowledge, no. '04 to early '05's if i have been told correctly.
by the castin number on my front cover & the god awful noise she was makin my was in there for sure.

I've never heard of this, is it something I would know for sure is happening? thanks for the info dude!

04 owner as well and interested how to know what I have and if it needs replaced. What number and where do we find it.
I have the K&N CAI and hear a slight whine but assumed that is normal

Demon 8 said:
04 owner as well and interested how to know what I have and if it needs replaced. What number and where do we find it.
I have the K&N CAI and hear a slight whine but assumed that is normal

thats when i first noticed mine, when i put the Volant on. chased it for a bit.
then the oil cooler line let loose. i smoothed up the line end & replaced the hose with some stratoflex. then she really went to whinin.
its really called "shuttlein".
the castin number is on the right front side of the cover. a mirror on a stick & a flash light will work. i came up from the bottom.
Kevin at Exotic Engine checked the number & sent me the valve.
he also recommends the white Viper oil filter for our engine.
it also helps the oil pressure
:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :burnout:

Last edited:
ZCx said:
thats when i first noticed mine, when i put the Volant on. chased it for a bit.
then the oil cooler line let loose. i smoothed up the line end & replaced the hose with some stratoflex. then she really went to whinin.
its really called "shuttlein".
the castin number is on the right front side of the cover. a mirror on a stick & a flash light will work. i came up from the bottom.
Kevin at Exotic Engine checked the number & sent me the valve.
he also recommends the white Viper oil filter for our engine.
it also helps the oil pressure
:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :burnout:

thats standin in front of the truck right side

My truck only made the noise when I used the mobil 1 filter, once i put the mopar 090 back on it stopped.

FerrariTruck said:
My truck only made the noise when I used the mobil 1 filter, once i put the mopar 090 back on it stopped.

from my tryin to figure out the noise, i found that different filters dampin it a bit or even amplify the pluses.
i believe its still there.
as i was goin through the oil cooler line crap. the less restrictive i made the flow to the engine the worse it got.
the noise got so bad it was rattlin the dash. its was rattlin the oil cooler so hard that it was come the frame to the dash.
:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :congrats:

oil filter

Mopar 090 filter is less than $4.50 at WalMart .......... nary a problem. :D

update:

My truck is still making the noise as zcx mentioned..I'm gonna look into this further now and see if I can get a updated valve from EED.

Definately don not want to lose a motor over something this silly

FerrariTruck said:
update:

My truck is still making the noise as zcx mentioned..I'm gonna look into this further now and see if I can get a updated valve from EED.

Definately don not want to lose a motor over something this silly

my main worry would be a smooth flow of oil to the engine.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
bump the big fat lady on the corner;) :p

its been awhile for me, but not that long, yet:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

:marchmellow:dis one:marchmellow:Alberta-SRT

& if ya do a search on the "engine oil cooler lines" there is good readin there
:rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back