Oil pump issue or broken gage?

attila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

started my truck after 3 months sitting.

Check Gages lights went on after a few miles, so got back home.

Oil pressure is at 0.

is there any way to check the gage? resetting the onboard computer disconnecting the battery I noticed the tacho and speedo meters waving, but not the others

I'm concerned about the engine... :dontknow::confused:

thanks

Make sure there is oil on the dipstick. The sending unit for oil pressure is near the filter mount wiggle the connection and trace the wire back where you can and see id the wire is melted to the headers. Probably just a bad connection somewhere

yes, there is oil in the dipstick, and I have the Mopar headers, I hope to find the melted wire....

Might be a good idea to check pressure with a oil pressure gauge/tool to verify pressure before running the truck ....

This is what I would do, plumb a mechanical gauge into it and see what the pressure is.

That's what I said isn't it :dontknow:... Well pretty damn close:p ... And yes exactly what I was trying to say :rock::rock:

If you had no oil pressure you would of known right away though. Id guess the gauge is bad but you definitly wanna be safe and get yourself a gauge to install and verify

could it be a clogged oil filter?

possibile. should still have some pressure though.

does the gauge move at all when ya turn the key off & on???

you can check the gauge to see if it works...hold your "trip button" down and then turn the key to the on position. see if it moves. it should swing all the up and down. It may be possible you just have a bad oil pressure switch. (that would be my guess) need to do a manual oil pressure check to see.

then probably just an oil pressure switch. check with mechanical press gauge. not uncommon for the oil pressure switches to fail

I think I found where it is...

I'm quite obnoxious and from the day before I was hearing some lifter noise, like when you start the truck from sitting all the winter (as I did). I'm quite scared to rev it again.. don't know what to do

I think I found where it is...

I'm quite obnoxious and from the day before I was hearing some lifter noise, like when you start the truck from sitting all the winter (as I did). I'm quite scared to rev it again.. don't know what to do

Try a new filter and change the oil ( fill the filter before you install it) ,, I changed to mobil 1, 15-50 it helped with the lifter noise and gave me better/higher pressure reading..... use a mechanical oil pressure gauge ,,,, crank the engine without starting and see if you get pressure .... if you do start it see what the pressure is ,, DO NOT REV IT TILL YOU ARE SURE YOU HAVE PRESSURE !

Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back