ok srt-10 ram experts i need your knowledge!

country

Reaction score
i am going to start looking for my truck today :rock: what are things to look for?? known issues, signs of modding or abuse..???? any input would be greatly appreciated :congrats:

SrtBrad said:
You're looking in the right place.:rock:
yeah i was reffered here by a very intelligent guy! i think he was or is a member here he just sold his qc though. he bought a new 09 qc. he usually goes by 68firebird not sure if he was a regualr or not..??

I found my truck on here. No better place to start looking. :rock: :rock:

country said:
i am going to start looking for my truck today :rock: what are things to look for?? known issues, signs of modding or abuse..???? any input would be greatly appreciated :congrats:
if its an RC , check on , under the intake for any signs of nos tapping, plugged holes so on.

check the clutch to see if it feels too soft, if they let you drive it, get in 5th gear , and jsut drop the clutch to see if it slips.

the crank bolt should be checked.

qc's check the tranny fluid, make sure its not got a burnt smell.

check you cats to make sure they are all there, in case your area is tough on them.

check the puter , if it has any labels on it.

otherwise, just a good once over by a dealer will tell most things, and he should be willing to let that be done.

Welcome to the VTCOA:rock:

I would also check for the upgrades od the master slave cyl. Its a mod but a good one for the truck.

and what Tony said.

I would try to find one with your basic mods

Exhaust, lowering kit, CAI, Master/Slave upgrade then you can focus on the real mods and save a good little bit of $$$

As rare as these trucks are, there are even rarer versions out there. If your into collectors items, Look for either a Viper Club of America aka VCA (Electric Blue w/white stripes) or Commemorative Edition (white w/blue stripes). I've seen pictures of an '06 in Bright Silver Metallic paint that was for sale. It may be the only one like it from the factory.

Here's what Wiki shows as Special Editions:

"Special editions

Dodge released several limited editions of the Ram SRT alongside the standard regular cab and Quad cab versions.
  • VCA Edition - 50 produced, released at the 2004 Daytona Motor Speedway Race in February. Its paint scheme was white rally stripes on Electric Blue. Engine was also signed by Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler Group's former Chief Operating Officer.
  • Yellow Fever - 500 produced, painted in Solar Yellow exterior paint and black "fanged" stripe on top of hood, comes with two-tone interior which features a yellow center stack bezel, yellow door spears, yellow stitching on steering wheel, seats and Regular Cab manual transmission shifter and yellow embroidering on the SRT-10 floor mats. Also comes with special Yellow Fever Edition badging and a serialized Yellow Fever dash plaque.
  • Commemorative Edition - in 2005 - 200 produced, features Bright White exterior paint with Electric Blue stripes. Interior enhancements include blue stitching on the seats, shift boot, shift knob and steering wheel. Floor mats are embroidered in matching stitching with the SRT-10 logo. In addition, the Commemorative Edition includes standard polished wheels, brushed aluminum scuff plates, and hard tonneau cover.
  • Night Runner - 400 produced, painted in Brilliant Black exterior paint, comes with Dark Nickel Pearl finish 22-inch (560 mm) wheels, black chrome grill inserts, unique Night Runner Badging, a black center stack and center console bezel overlay, and a serialized Night Runner dash plaque. Only available as a 2006 regular cab or 2006 Quad cab."

yellow fever QC for sale at a dealer in my area of florida...I beleive they are asking aroud 25k----most likey negotiable and looks very clean...30k miles I believe

Things I wish I'd known when I bought mine.

All minor things but my oil temp gauge (on the A pillar) hasn't worked since day one.

Check the oil cooler lines on the front left of the block, they always leak.

Don't fret if the engine sounds more rattely than what you expect, they all do.

SilvrSRT10 said:
As rare as these trucks are, there are even rarer versions out there. If your into collectors items, Look for either a Viper Club of America aka VCA (Electric Blue w/white stripes) or Commemorative Edition (white w/blue stripes). I've seen pictures of an '06 in Bright Silver Metallic paint that was for sale. It may be the only one like it from the factory.

Here's what Wiki shows as Special Editions:

"Special editions

Dodge released several limited editions of the Ram SRT alongside the standard regular cab and Quad cab versions.
  • VCA Edition - 50 produced, released at the 2004 Daytona Motor Speedway Race in February. Its paint scheme was white rally stripes on Electric Blue. Engine was also signed by Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler Group's former Chief Operating Officer.
  • Yellow Fever - 500 produced, painted in Solar Yellow exterior paint and black "fanged" stripe on top of hood, comes with two-tone interior which features a yellow center stack bezel, yellow door spears, yellow stitching on steering wheel, seats and Regular Cab manual transmission shifter and yellow embroidering on the SRT-10 floor mats. Also comes with special Yellow Fever Edition badging and a serialized Yellow Fever dash plaque.
  • Commemorative Edition - in 2005 - 200 produced, features Bright White exterior paint with Electric Blue stripes. Interior enhancements include blue stitching on the seats, shift boot, shift knob and steering wheel. Floor mats are embroidered in matching stitching with the SRT-10 logo. In addition, the Commemorative Edition includes standard polished wheels, brushed aluminum scuff plates, and hard tonneau cover.
  • Night Runner - 400 produced, painted in Brilliant Black exterior paint, comes with Dark Nickel Pearl finish 22-inch (560 mm) wheels, black chrome grill inserts, unique Night Runner Badging, a black center stack and center console bezel overlay, and a serialized Night Runner dash plaque. Only available as a 2006 regular cab or 2006 Quad cab."

Actually there were under 400 Nightrunners produced.

Michael from the U.K. said:
You won't find one that hasn't been abused.:D

What is considered abuse? Mine is 100% stock and driven highway miles and an occasional trip to the local track(2 times).:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back