OK Turbo truck is here!!!

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup its here. It showed up yesterday on a 10-car semi. I really havent had much time to mess with it because I have been massively busy preparing christmas hams(dont ask we have a restaraunt and specilize in Honey glazed hams) so between running auctions this week and preparing 1500 hams, i havent done anything but work.

Ok trucks here, the oil catch next to the turbos got caught on the transport truck high-center style and yanked 2 of the 3 oil feed hoses off. Yea had a swell time fixing that in the parking lot. But got it fixed put a couple qts of oil in it, and it seems OK. I never thought you could have too much power but this thing does. I wish the boost could be lowered or come on slower or something because this thing goes from fast to absolutely blowing the tires off in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. I tried giving it 3/4 throttle in 3rd, but it just go so freaking fast I cant tell how fast it is. The boost is instant once it hits which I wish I could tone down. The truck is absolutely useless on the stock tires, I mean USELESS. I dunno what to do. When I pull the mill out and put it in my truck Im gonna lower the boost some. It pulls about 9 lbs right now according to the memory boost gauge. Well Im tired going to bed I just wanted to let yall know its here. wade & scott come see me, its here.

Sounds like some kind'a progressive (sequential) twin turbo system is what you need on that fkr........

D

Django said:
Sounds like some kind'a progressive (sequential) twin turbo system is what you need on that fkr........

D

Im not sure, I mean maybe it does come on smooth, and I'm not used to it. It just has soo much more power than the paxton's 640 whp. maybe it just does that because it has so much power. It is a twin turbo setup though. I dunno how you would turn it into sequential, but that would be awesome. I'm new to turbo's and am very unfamiiar with how they work, but I'll learn. I would like to at least turn down the boost to like 5 lbs. Any idea how to do that? I really am dumb right now. I've never had a turbo except a long time ago I had a 99 Camaro 1LE with a turbo. man that car would fly, but I remember it getting decent traction. This truck is just out there. You can really try and give it a gradual throttle, but when it kicks in, it freaking just goes to 8 lbs and blows the tires like NOTHING I've ever seen. I'm not used to not knowing whats under my hood. I'm trying to learn.

do you have electric or mechinal waste gates find out what spring is in them an if it's to much for ya to handle i'll trade ya!

dude its too much for me and you both to handle(for now until you get used to this kind of power). Im telling you this truck is straight dangerous. I do not like how it feels at high speed. very squirrly in 4th. Im tellin ya its got too much power too fast. I need to tone it down and work my way up.

robwclark said:
dude its too much for me and you both to handle(for now until you get used to this kind of power). Im telling you this truck is straight dangerous. I do not like how it feels at high speed. very squirrly in 4th. Im tellin ya its got too much power too fast. I need to tone it down and work my way up.
i know mine is bad and it makes close to 800 so i can imagine hahahaha offer stil stands i'll trade!:D

This has always been my biggest question about trucks who make huge numbers with turbos that look like the huge turbines that drive the fkn Bonneville Power station.... How in the name of sanity can you get it to hook up.....?

I have a feeling that (without a custom built drag racing frame) the answer is- you don't.

But, wtf do I know....

D

Django said:
This has always been my biggest question about trucks who make huge numbers with turbos that look like the huge turbines that drive the fkn Bonneville Power station.... How in the name of sanity can you get it to hook up.....?

I have a feeling that (without a custom built drag racing frame) the answer is- you don't.

But, wtf do I know....

D
in most cases you could do a nice 4 link like dom is doing... it costs alot of money but it makes it to where you can run air bags or coil overs... and it hooks alot better..... Stock out trucks with a coil over suspension in the rear would be an amazing difffrence i almost would bet my left nut:rock: :D

Tooloe said:
in most cases you could do a nice 4 link like dom is doing... it costs alot of money but it makes it to where you can run air bags or coil overs... and it hooks alot better..... Stock out trucks with a coil over suspension in the rear would be an amazing difffrence i almost would bet my left nut:rock: :D
you have one

505'sFastestViper. said:
you have one
a left nut yes..... a coil over suspension no.... i wish :D go to bed old man isn't it past your bed time? or are you posting from your phone on the rig lol i used to to that shit all the time

Tooloe said:
a left nut yes..... a coil over suspension no.... i wish :D go to bed old man isn't it past your bed time? or are you posting from your phone on the rig lol i used to to that shit all the time
lol no back to sellin bits!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and im in my 20s

robwclark said:

Congratulations. Sounds like you bought FREDV'S twin turbo. Did it ship from NJ? That is one mean truck. Iv'e driven it and can vouch for the power and the build is by Nick Mananeiro from Modern Performance. Huge oversize intercooler and forged lower end. Great build--congrats again. Have fun.

robwclark said:
Sounds like your getting your bike for the first time and you have to start out on the training wheels and work your way up! :D

Its those little turbos coming on so fast and the huge midrange torque hit (definitely different than a paxton!). Doms truck hooked better with the 98mm vs. the 88mm because it didnt come on so quick. If it has 4.56's thats even worse, need 4.10's or less.
Justin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back