One more, good bye Circuit City

I think the real problem is, what I have been doing for my electronics for last few years, buying on-line at lower price plus NO sales tax.

Still sad but remember Fredders, Pacific Stereo, Polk Bros. and many more all long gone too.:dontknow:

HOT RAM said:
might be some good bargains,though

always try to see the upside

Nope, I went to one and nothing really was a bargain... Most CD''s were still 10 bucks for example

Internet buying has changed a lot of things

Good for the consumer in the short term,but the effects long term are yet to be seen

FerrariTruck said:
Nope, I went to one and nothing really was a bargain... Most CD''s were still 10 bucks for example

I buy all my CDs from Amazon
best prices I have found

still have hundreds to go to complete my collection,but ya gotta have something to do :D

HOT RAM said:
Internet buying has changed a lot of things

Good for the consumer in the short term,but the effects long term are yet to be seen

Thats true. It's bad when my 52" TV was cheaper shipped from Montana then I could get it any where around me.

I live near Chicago so no shortage of stores.:dontknow:

To bad about 20,000 folks will be unemployed, wonder were they will live:(

Motorola here in northern Illinois just layed off 7000 in the last 30 days.

Just try to get a job as a bagger in a market...no way...no jobs...just thousands looking for anything...but it will get worse.

What Roy said is sad, but true.... :(

.......... Funny though, the CC by me isn't closing. :dontknow: There is never anyone in there. :confused: I guess I'll frequent there more often in the next few weeks, to see if the other (closing) stores are sending bargains my way. :eek:

Correction to earlier post

Circuit City became the largest retailer to fall victim to the expanding financial crisis Friday, announcing it will shut down its remaining 567 U.S. stores at the cost of 34,000 more jobs after failing to sell the business

includemeout said:
Correction to earlier post

Circuit City became the largest retailer to fall victim to the expanding financial crisis Friday, announcing it will shut down its remaining 567 U.S. stores at the cost of 34,000 more jobs after failing to sell the business

DAMN.... :( That does suck.... :( :( :(

I wonder if some of their past constomer service issues are part of the problem. Bought a TV from them once only to find they open the box and took out the wires included with it for hookups. Then I had to buy them from CC at a outrageous cost. Never bought anything from them again after that.

Soapy said:
I wonder if some of their past constomer service issues are part of the problem. Bought a TV from them once only to find they open the box and took out the wires included with it for hookups. Then I had to buy them from CC at a outrageous cost. Never bought anything from them again after that.

Their customer service does SUCK. :eek:

Black1 said:
DAMN.... :( That does suck.... :( :( :(

Can't hardly imagine how many got the pink slip that no one reported this week and we won't hear about for months

Do you guys remember about 2 years ago when CC let all of their top level sales and floor personnel go because they could be replaced with lower paid entry level employees? Their customer service problems began shortly after that.
It's a gamble many companies take on a regular basis, unfortunately, it didn't work for CC.

Best Buy next?

Went to new store near me last week, damn coffee pot died.:(

It was myself and about thirty employees....ONLY!:dontknow:

:deadhorse:

I was just reading about CC's announcement the other day. I think it was on my Yahoo Email Page. They were saying to "watch out" if and when you're trying to take advantage of the closeout sale prices. Something along the lines of all sales were final. (Obviously)

But,

Wouldn't the manufacturer hold up their end of the warranty and or extended warranty (if purchased)? I'm been half-way thinking about getting a LCD HDTV, and I'll probably be looking hot-n-heavy when our local store closes it doors.

I've always had good luck with CC though. I've spent lots of money with them many years ago when I thought it was cool to have a stereo that would rattle my rearview mirror off the windshield. I'm going to be sad to see them go.

I went to one here locally when they first announced bankrupcy, and there were no kinds of discounts or sales. The guy told me that just the one's that are closing will have any kind of sales, and that whatever doesn't sell will just be moved to another store. I still bought the surround sound though:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back