Opinions on next power mods to go with....

SRT10R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for the next power mods to save up for...I have a 05 RC with belanger headers to magnaflow, JTSVP TB, UD pulley, SCT tuner, Volant CAI, and JTSVP shifter. See what options i should shoot for next in the power department. Itd take me forever to save up for a super/pro charger set. Ive been debating n2o but not quite sold on it. Anything else you guys can think of that i could squeeze some more horse out of her. Not wanting to have to go forged internals cause i think 650 is plenty of ponies to play with. SO what do you guys think...anything half decent to do to her or save up the cash for awhile and go for something big?

Cats deleted yet? Ship your intake manifold to V1R and have him open it up and port it. Take the Volant off and sell it, get a drop in K&N for the stock box.

Nitrous will get you there fast and least expensive. A nice heads/cam package would be my next suggestion with SC as last due to investment.

Ive planned on getting rid of the Volant for awhile now, Whats a good nitrous set up for a good price? Im new to the nitrous world and know very little on what equipment to run. I know we only wanna do about a 100 wet shot on our trucks, is that about right?

Ive planned on getting rid of the Volant for awhile now, Whats a good nitrous set up for a good price? Im new to the nitrous world and know very little on what equipment to run. I know we only wanna do about a 100 wet shot on our trucks, is that about right?

You can go 150 or even 200 if properly tuned. V1R sells nitrous kits

You can go 150 or even 200 if properly tuned. V1R sells nitrous kits

I think you could even more with a good tune, I've been spraying a 200 on a mail order 93oct N/A tune from torrie. I used 110 race gas to at least give me a bit of "safety margin". Need to find a bore scope to take a look at my ring lands and if they look alright I'm thinking about stepping up to a 250 shot with a dyno tune from Chris. Any way the point of my ramble was a 150 is nothing to them, but a 200 sure does empty a bottle in a hurry:chain:

I think you could even more with a good tune, I've been spraying a 200 on a mail order 93oct N/A tune from torrie. I used 110 race gas to at least give me a bit of "safety margin". Need to find a bore scope to take a look at my ring lands and if they look alright I'm thinking about stepping up to a 250 shot with a dyno tune from Chris. Any way the point of my ramble was a 150 is nothing to them, but a 200 sure does empty a bottle in a hurry:chain:

Imagine how fast 400 will

Whats the best bang for the buck system I can get? Are you guys running a window switch? What tuner?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The First and most important thing to do is come up with a plan of where you want your truck to ultimately be at, then go from there.

A single fogger wet system will be the cheapest, and if your only going up to a 150 it'd be fine. Any higher than that I'd say go plate system or dual fogger. I'm using the NOS mini 2 progressive controller which has a built in Window switch

Imagine how fast 400 will

Whats the best bang for the buck system I can get? Are you guys running a window switch? What tuner?

We sell a complete system with plate, purge, high flow bottle, heated bottle bracket, window switch(2 stage capable), lines, fittings, custom ashtray switch plate, etc right at $3k. Very comprehensive kit by the best nitrous supplier in the world.

I'm really for now just looking to get that 550-600 range. If I got that system I'd probably just wait and go paxton. For money wise it makes sense. For down in the 1000-1500 id go spray

I'm really for now just looking to get that 550-600 range. If I got that system I'd probably just wait and go paxton. For money wise it makes sense. For down in the 1000-1500 id go spray

You can buy a kit in that price range but it won't be as safe or effective.

Cam and custom head work. I know a great dude for head work. Plus it will be a nice addition when you add the Paxton
If I were to run Nos I would build direct port set up. They have injector adapters were the nos and fuel are right next to each other. I've ran those on a few set ups. Better than a fogger IMO and you know each runner is getting the exact same about of nos. but the con is lots of tubing.

Last edited:
Cam and custom head work. I know a great dude for head work. Plus it will be a nice addition when you add the Paxton

You'll spend his budget on cam and valve springs alone, lol. Heads are another 2-3000 depending on what's done do them.
A 500-600$ nitrous kit will leave you with a blown engine more than likely. Just sayin....:burnout:

We sell a complete system with plate, purge, high flow bottle, heated bottle bracket, window switch(2 stage capable), lines, fittings, custom ashtray switch plate, etc right at $3k. Very comprehensive kit by the best nitrous supplier in the world.

I fat fingered the keyboard sorry , this kit is $2000.00.

Save some money and go FI!! Same money as heads and cam but more potential for later. It will drive pretty normal until you hit the boost! It is more an investment. You can sell the kit afterwards before selling the truck. Heads and a cam pull real hard on top (high RPMS) and suffer for vacuum abit at normal driving speeds. FI there is alot of torque down low and throughout the RPM range. and normal at everyday cruise................just my opinion. Give yourself some time for the engine to build vacuum before using the brakes! No vacuum , no brakes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back