Optima Yellow Top??????

ryan said:
LOL sorry but its true..They look great and its just another cool factor feature under the hood in my opinion..

:rolleyes:So knowing me, after that post I wrote earlier about how sooo happy I am with the Die Hard, I will still put my foot in my mouth and end up getting an OPTIMA red top after all.

Just bought the yellow top. the stock one was getting near dead. even with putting it on the trickle charger it wouldn't last long. plan on putting the relocation kit in so I can use the battery area as a larger reservoir for the heat exchanger since paxton likes to give a joke of a reservoir.

Last edited:
Other than the color...which IS important :p , the Red top is for most normal applications, the yellow top is deep cycle for applications with winches/stereos/etc., the blue top is marine.

I want a blue top..but not sure since it's a "marine" battery...ive been told it would work fine though.:dontknow:

FastSRT19 said:
I want a blue top..but not sure since it's a "marine" battery...ive been told it would work fine though.:dontknow:
The only difference is its a deep cycle and it has those two extra prongs, you'll be fine with it.:rock: :rock:

Use blue tops in my boats for years...not only for the trolling motors and bait wells, but also for the cranking jobs...never had a problem!

GADodgetech said:
The only difference is its a deep cycle and it has those two extra prongs, you'll be fine with it.:rock: :rock:

That's what everyone has been telling me lol...ok ok i'll order one tomorrow!:D

I went with the Yellow Top so it matched my truck !!! Then went a step further and bought a Custom Billet Battery holder for it too,and color matched it with everything else !!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

SRT10005.jpg

I have a red top in the wifes DD (Jeep Liberty) and a yellow top in my off-road truck. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back