Out of Step, Out of Touch

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that's what I must be. Bought a copy of "Street Trucks" tonight to read at work if I got a chance and sure enough I did.

There was nothing in this mag except low riders :dontknow:

I know lots of guys on the forum have lowered their trucks. But am I the only one who is tired of this trend with every custom you see?

Frickin custom bikes are the same way - someone finds a look that appeals to people and then everyone copies and copies them, til there's no frickin variety.

Shit gets old! I'll be leaving mine up since I'm unlikely to have it at the brickyard or Sebring anytime soon and draggin the frame or the paint over every little bump ain't all that appealing to me. Or having the suspension so stiff to compensate that your fckn kidneys fall out after half a mile.

Soap box done. :D

Flame away.......;)

Truckin seems to have mostly lifted trucks at least on the cover and the main spread is. But yea most of the other rides are all trucks slammed to the ground. Oddly enough i was looking through some old issues last night and found one where a guy actully put a 7" lift on a 05 qc srt 10.

Every publication obviously targets the largest market that they can reach.

It's a bummer that the banger and lowrider market seems to dominate.

As we grow older, we become less and less valuable because we don't fit into the niche.

Us old timers are a dying breed..... No matter how many of us there seem to be.

D

Cruster said:
I guess that's what I must be. Bought a copy of "Street Trucks" tonight to read at work if I got a chance and sure enough I did.

There was nothing in this mag except low riders :dontknow:

I know lots of guys on the forum have lowered their trucks. But am I the only one who is tired of this trend with every custom you see?

Frickin custom bikes are the same way - someone finds a look that appeals to people and then everyone copies and copies them, til there's no frickin variety.

Shit gets old! I'll be leaving mine up since I'm unlikely to have it at the brickyard or Sebring anytime soon and draggin the frame or the paint over every little bump ain't all that appealing to me. Or having the suspension so stiff to compensate that your fckn kidneys fall out after half a mile.

Soap box done. :D

Flame away.......;)

There is a difference between a lowered truck, and a low rider. No one here has turned their truck into a low rider that I'm aware of.

And at least with the X-Metal kit that I had on mine, the ride did not change, however the handling greatly improved.

It's your truck, so do what you like. That's the thing you should do. But do not confuse what we have done with our trucks with a low rider.

What? You guys don't slam your truck?! :marchmellow::egg::egg:

bigike said:
bad company could you get a closer pic of your headlights?

I'll get one up in a few mins just got back from getting my exhaust done finally.

The headlights do look good but do not function at all, the previous owner painted the reflector and everything inside. So their just for show pretty much have a new set that came pre painted black, but I'm getting those gts headlight covers once i get some more money.

Edit: for pics

Pics of the lights

SRT10021.jpg

SRT10022.jpg

SRT10023.jpg

SRT10024.jpg

SRT10025.jpg

Last edited:
Also i had a lot of time to sit and read today (dad had doctors appointment for 3 hours) and i brought a bunch of old issues of Truckin i had from 06 and 07 and actully found a couple srt 10's in them, 2 were slammed to the ground dragging the frame rails. The one actully had the tires tucked all the way in and sitting on 26's hole back of the bed had to be cut open to fit those. 1 was a really nicely done night rider, and the other like i said before was actually on a 7" lift.

I know this doesn't go along with the main topic really just though i would throw them out there. But going with the thread it seems that people just follow what works for the time, slamming trucks to the ground seems to be what is popular now so people just follow along with it. Its like blacked out cars and trucks a few years ago people hated them and said they look awful, but now a lot of people saw it worked at shows and stuff and are doing it now as well. That's just my opinion though on why all the magazines are mostly doing features on them.

Be an innovator..not a hater..lol..
heres a few things I have never seen on an SRT...

fiberglass tilt front end..
dumping bed..
6pak..
12-71 blower..
fuzzy dice..
those ridiculous looking balls hanging off the rear bumper..
dual mounted machine guns under the hood for those road rage moments..
ejection seats...
a rumble seat..
chopped roof...
a gun rack...
a ricer fart can exhaust..

Just a few ideas to get you thinking on what you can do differently with yours to avoid the trendy pitfall...the tilt front end with a big ole blower on top of the motor would be cool..

Silverback said:
There is a difference between a lowered truck, and a low rider. No one here has turned their truck into a low rider that I'm aware of.

And at least with the X-Metal kit that I had on mine, the ride did not change, however the handling greatly improved.

It's your truck, so do what you like. That's the thing you should do. But do not confuse what we have done with our trucks with a low rider.

No, I'm not, I understand the difference and see nothing wrong with doing what you like and what looks cool or improves the truck, I'm with ya on that, just a rant on If someone is going to spend zillions on a custom truck, why not go in direction that not everyone else is going, something unique . Best wishes,

BadCompany9119 said:
Also i had a lot of time to sit and read today (dad had doctors appointment for 3 hours) and i brought a bunch of old issues of Truckin i had from 06 and 07 and actully found a couple srt 10's in them, 2 were slammed to the ground dragging the frame rails. The one actully had the tires tucked all the way in and sitting on 26's hole back of the bed had to be cut open to fit those. 1 was a really nicely done night rider, and the other like i said before was actually on a 7" lift.

I know this doesn't go along with the main topic really just though i would throw them out there. But going with the thread it seems that people just follow what works for the time, slamming trucks to the ground seems to be what is popular now so people just follow along with it. Its like blacked out cars and trucks a few years ago people hated them and said they look awful, but now a lot of people saw it worked at shows and stuff and are doing it now as well. That's just my opinion though on why all the magazines are mostly doing features on them.

Yeah, I guess it's trend. Your view fit the topic very well, I thought. Just seems like our culture is getting so homogenized in some areas that no one is willing or maybe even able to think outside the box, know whut ah mean?

Riff62 said:
Be an innovator..not a hater..lol..
heres a few things I have never seen on an SRT...

fiberglass tilt front end..
dumping bed..
6pak..
12-71 blower..
fuzzy dice..
those ridiculous looking balls hanging off the rear bumper..
dual mounted machine guns under the hood for those road rage moments..
ejection seats...
a rumble seat..
chopped roof...
a gun rack...
a ricer fart can exhaust..

Just a few ideas to get you thinking on what you can do differently with yours to avoid the trendy pitfall...the tilt front end with a big ole blower on top of the motor would be cool..

Aw, not a hater....to each his own is my motto, I just don't understand the herd mentality sometimes.

Machine guns sound really good :D :D :D

Django said:
Every publication obviously targets the largest market that they can reach.

It's a bummer that the banger and lowrider market seems to dominate.

As we grow older, we become less and less valuable because we don't fit into the niche.

Us old timers are a dying breed..... No matter how many of us there seem to be.

D

yeah, I reckon. This is kinda like the "just because your friend decided to jump off a bridge, would you do it to" sorta idea. We need more diversity, I think. Later,

Cruster said:
Yeah, I guess it's trend. Your view fit the topic very well, I thought. Just seems like our culture is getting so homogenized in some areas that no one is willing or maybe even able to think outside the box, know whut ah mean?

Yea, it's funny too cause just the other day i was sitting at a light and a guy in a Cadillac ext (or whatever the pickup version is called) passed me, normally i don't care for these trucks at all. But the guy turned it into a dually to me that is what customizing is all about, something no one has done or won't get lost at a car show.

Cruster said:
No, I'm not, I understand the difference and see nothing wrong with doing what you like and what looks cool or improves the truck, I'm with ya on that, just a rant on If someone is going to spend zillions on a custom truck, why not go in direction that not everyone else is going, something unique . Best wishes,

I understand completely. I also like things that are unique and different. That is why I love my Cobra which is Yellow with Black stripes. It stands out in the sea of blue and white Cobras.

Staying at the stock height is not really unique, so what do you have planned for your truck?

I once thought about trying to get my truck to a point that it would be worthy of mag coverage but these days . If your not bagged or have an extreme lift and the interior has been turned into unusable space its most likely not going to happen with a newer vehicle.

Silverback said:
I understand completely. I also like things that are unique and different. That is why I love my Cobra which is Yellow with Black stripes. It stands out in the sea of blue and white Cobras.

Staying at the stock height is not really unique, so what do you have planned for your truck?[/QUOTE

Been thinkin about changing the stock wheels and storing them, but can't find any that really just turn my crank. At some point plum crazy "real flames" which is not so innovative but maybe the color is. And powder coat the calipers plum crazy also. Probably someone out there who's already done it ;) ;)

That's about it for visual mods....sure do love the Gen 2 viper hood look, though:p But there's nothin new there.....hmmm maybe purple :D :D :D

Probably spend most of my money on performance, but that's a ways away.

And then I thought, well 25 years from now, when my son is my age, he might really appreciated a completely stock QC 10. So, I don't know. Whatever the spirit moves me to do, I reckon. Hope your thanksgiving was awesome!

OSO said:
I once thought about trying to get my truck to a point that it would be worthy of mag coverage but these days . If your not bagged or have an extreme lift and the interior has been turned into unusable space its most likely not going to happen with a newer vehicle.

No, probably not. The custom world has changed so much. If it don't look like everyone else's idea of cool then.......:dontknow:

Hey, maybe we ought to start a Custom Viper Mag....we already do truck of the month, etc. Proceeds could go to the club.....

Anyway, your truck is awesome. I'd put them all in a magazine anyway, just because of what they are. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving..

Hey, heres an idea..its different....lol..From the Martha Stewart Wing Collection..

MSWing.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back