P0340 - NO CAM REFERENCE SIGNAL AT PCM - SRT10

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed this when I did the 3 key on off on off thing a few days ago. Anything to worry 'bout? From what I remember its fairly common, did a search but nothing recent came up. Since I have the DC Performance PCM could this be why?

P0340-NO CAM REFERENCE SIGNAL AT PCM - SRT10

Just replace the camshaft sensor. I broke mine before and a simple replacement solved it.

Where can I get one (forum vendor? ) and how do I install it. I dont even know where the sensor is :dontknow:

What does it do and will not replacing it hurt anything?

Give Taliban Dan a call tomorrow at work. He knows the part number and can get it to you. Or he can get you the part number and you can order it from DC yourself (or maybe Patrick-Dragon).

I'll pm you his phone number. He's working on Eddie's truck tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Nowwhat said:
Dave....did you get water in the split second controller....?

wash the truck recently?

I dont think so...I've never washed the truck with the hood up, its always been closed. When I do wash the truck I try and keep as little as possible getting into the top of the hood scoop.

It probably was set during the VEC2 install, just have it cleared out and see if it comes back. If so, then replace it, but with no cam signal, it will run in limp mode, if it even runs at all.
Justin

Bone said:
Give Taliban Dan a call tomorrow at work. He knows the part number and can get it to you. Or he can get you the part number and you can order it from DC yourself (or maybe Patrick-Dragon).

I'll pm you his phone number. He's working on Eddie's truck tomorrow too.
cant wait!!!!!!!!

Theres no limp in the performance, truck runs like a banshee! Dragon was a great help, thank you. I'm gonna disconnect the battery and see if the code re-appears.

Anyone know what the belt size is for the truck with a Paxton?

Last edited:
Noticed this when I did the 3 key on off on off thing a few days ago. Anything to worry 'bout? From what I remember its fairly common, did a search but nothing recent came up. Since I have the DC Performance PCM could this be why?

P0340-NO CAM REFERENCE SIGNAL AT PCM - SRT10

your truck is still running? this happen to me yesterday, i was driving down 95 and as I'm getting off the exit my engine light comes on. (truck is still running fine nothing unusual) get to my house (maybe 5 min down the road) turn it off and i pulled the P0340 code. i have seen that is the camshaft sensor, but now my truck won't start. it cranks just won't turn over. is this normal? sorry I'm new this viper motor just bought th truck a little under a month ago. any help would be appreciated. thanks

your truck is still running? this happen to me yesterday, i was driving down 95 and as I'm getting off the exit my engine light comes on. (truck is still running fine nothing unusual) get to my house (maybe 5 min down the road) turn it off and i pulled the P0340 code. i have seen that is the camshaft sensor, but now my truck won't start. it cranks just won't turn over. is this normal? sorry I'm new this viper motor just bought th truck a little under a month ago. any help would be appreciated. thanks

No sir, it's a common issue lately with the years these engines have seen. Not necessarily mileage related. They are almost I possible to find right now. Start with the crank sensor and see if it's the culprit as theyre available and inexpensive.

No sir, it's a common issue lately with the years these engines have seen. Not necessarily mileage related. They are almost I possible to find right now. Start with the crank sensor and see if it's the culprit as theyre available and inexpensive.

thanks i really appreciate the help, could you tell me some good websites to order parts from? also wanted to get in contact with you guys about hydro dipping my valve covers and intake manifold, you have been recommended to me from a couple people now and i like your work. Thanks

thanks i really appreciate the help, could you tell me some good websites to order parts from? also wanted to get in contact with you guys about hydro dipping my valve covers and intake manifold, you have been recommended to me from a couple people now and i like your work. Thanks

Thanks Justin, you're going to be able to get crank sensor locally at a parts store. Hopefully that's your issue. Unplug and plug in both sensors to be sure it's not a plug connection issue that's easily resolved.
My email is [email protected] if you need to contact me for anything Viper or Viper Truck related sir.

SRT2SLOW nicely cleaned my engine for me one day, started it and had 6 codes. Cleared the codes and never came back. A tiny but of water in the wrong place can set off wild codes lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back