Paint & Body in Houston area...

Doaner

Reaction score
So 3 weeks after my '06 nightrunner RC purchase I take it to my inlaws for the weekend to show it off. How'd it go you might ask? Yesterday morning my mother-in-law opted not to use her backup camera and essentially caved in the drivers side door when backing out. Didn't even look...

Looks like somehow there is zero damage to the surrounding panels, and probably not to any of the door's interior; door replacement should be the fix. So, a few questions:

1. Any recommended shops in the area that can get this thing 100% BACK TO STOCK in every way? Also to ensure they're actually buying me a Dodge door, not a chinese knock-off? Assume cost is no option.

2. Are any of the body panels unique to the SRT-10? My first guess would be the SRT-10 badges or the bottom door overlay. Like I said door interior looks good so it could be re-used if any of those parts are hard to find also. Anything not regularly available through Dodge?

SRT10 badges are easy to come by and so is the door skin. The hardest part would be the door cladding (bottom piece)

Pics would help but whether it needs a skin or a shell and having your decals on door not in tact if a replacement door were installed are things to consider that would not be original. As far as unknown there aren't "knock off" doors or cladding. Just Mopar. Paint match is critical as well but being Black Crystal Pearl it's much easier. Forgive her as you'll likely have many years to deal with her. Lol

SRT101.jpeg

SRT102.jpeg

A little hard to tell from the photos but the badge is bent enough to justify replacing assuming it's available. The bottom cladding also... The cladding is a slight bend with no significant scratches / gashes but plastics are called 'thermoplastic' or 'thermoset' for a reason.

Last edited:
LOL big difference between thermoset and thermoplastic .;)

Sorry I run the plastic injection molding Dept. were I work .

Looks like a door skin, done repair time on shell, new badge, paint and your golden. Cladding may need replacement but can't tell till its removed really. All in all not bad damage at all but we hate seeing our beauties with wounds. :eek:

LOL big difference between thermoset and thermoplastic .;)

Sorry I run the plastic injection molding Dept. were I work .

Yes big difference, my point being neither is repairable assuming it's plastically deformed. Although I could always trust a body shop with a hair dryer / crowbar combo...

Yes big difference, my point being neither is repairable assuming it's plastically deformed. Although I could always trust a body shop with a hair dryer / crowbar combo...

Lmao! We use a heat gun often to repair bumpers, cladding, ground effects, etc.
similar to steel, once formed it has a memory once dented or contorted from its original shape. A dolly and hammer and shocking the metal (BXMRAM,lol) can restore most of the original stamped shape.
Most bumpers are TPO (Thermo Plastic Olefins) as y'all said and older ones were often urethane or Polyurethane and all have the heat to repair in common. Now many simply will not go back and have to be replaced. I believe it was the urethane type. There are other polycarbonate and polyester types used as well.
I love duramix from 3m as it seems to repair almost any of these bumpers instead of plastic welding. BMXRAM prob ally has better bonding agents as he's much more updated in the collision repair industry than I.

I would be willing to bet that the cladding will straighten up and be fine.. For the door you will need a skin at very least but I would suggest a door for such a nice truck. If you don't re-use that cladding I may be interested in it.

Also remember if you replace the whole door, you will be losing the vin # id tag, which to be "back to original" is not something you can replace, at least not very easily.
skin the door, replace the badge and remount the cladding.

The door i have is from a reg cab factory painted with same color code and i will let it go for 300. Come by we can clean it up (its dusty) and you can decide.

Hell of a lot easier than letting the truck spend a month in a paint shop getting filled with dust.

The door i have is from a reg cab factory painted with same color code and i will let it go for 300. Come by we can clean it up (its dusty) and you can decide.

Hell of a lot easier than letting the truck spend a month in a paint shop getting filled with dust.

PM'd.

Or so I thought. Am I retarded or is the PM button buried somewhere?

Or so I thought. Am I retarded or is the PM button buried somewhere?

You don't have enough posts to PM. You need to have 50 and be a member for at least 15 days

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back