Painted my Ram matte black.. need some input for the "murdering out"

I almost think I would change to calvue mirrors, not sure tho the truck is so big, but emts looked good, so would prob get the elephant mirrors off:)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I almost think I would change to calvue mirrors, not sure tho the truck is so big, but emts looked good, so would prob get the elephant mirrors off:)

... and the price is?...

need to paint the wheels to match, looks weird. Not sure, but thats alot of truck to matte black...the more I look at it, something seems wrong...maybe its just too much truck or the wheels are throwing it off for me...dont know...

SrtBrad said:
Your truck is looking great.:rock: :rock:

I would def like to see the smoked headlights or night runner headlights to complete the murdered out look. Here are a couple of pics of the tinted headlights:

SupercarSundayJuly202008145.jpg

SupercarSundayJuly202008142.jpg

Did you paint the headlights or is it a cover plate?

Some more photos. Tinted tail lights. I might skip the red stripe, and leave black only. Got to get the SRT10 emblem on...

ramrearblack-1.jpg

ramsideblack.jpg

The flat black really gives some interesting visual effects, depening what angle you view the surface, and the ambient light conditions.

ramfrontviperemblem.jpg

ramfrontquarter.jpg

Tinted tails look very nice. 20% tint all around will improve overall look for sure. Gotta tint or blackout the front headlights too. I would paint the brake calipers black also. Red is doesnt look right.

patrick

Yes,

Window tint is going on at the same a mount as the stock rears, 30% maybe? I though of tinting the front headlights,and leave the area where the light shines through open... I need the light for night driving.

I can't tell if the flames are on the ground effects. If I would add any striping, I would still go for suttle flames airbrushed white etc...

Looks great!

I think this paint job is reeeeal nice. But I have some questions. If you were going to go with side exhaust then why didn't you do that body work first? A good body shop could have removed the exhaust cut out in the current rear bumper. Secondly, why not let the paint shop that did the matte black just paint a thin pinstripped sized line(s) in red (gloss, matte, satin, whichever) while they had it in there? Below are pic of my hood that was done by a paint and body shop. I didn't want stickers, but that's just me (please don't mind the silver).

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture014.jpg

what's a paint job like that cost?? I'm too lazy to check 8 pages of posts.

Yea thats some sweet paint work, defiently needs a drop and calvue mirrors!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back