Painted my Ram matte black.. need some input for the "murdering out"

holy crap this just makes my decision to paint my truck hot rod satin black that much easier great truck man

Looks great man :rock: I like the paint but if it was my truck, i changed those headlights for stock smoked ones :top:
Can't wait to see some pics of the truck when everything is finished.

Last edited:
SRT/10-AMSTERDAM said:
Looks great man :rock: I like the paint but if it was my truck, i changed those headlights for stock smoked ones :top:
Can't wait to see some pics of the truck when everything is finished.

Thanks.

I understand the headlight comments and there is a reason for it. I live in Michigan and drive on un-lit streets, so wintertime I need the lumens. These lights allow me to run 55W HID at 6K and roughly 4,000+ lumens each. Hi and Lo on at the same time with my HID fogs gives me 24,000 lumens forward. Stock hi beams are 1,000 lumens each times two (cannot run hi and lo with stock bulbs without risk of burning out). The projectors (the break off lines) allows for a low beam of 16,000 lumens without blinding the opposing traffic. To stick HIDs in stock housing is somewhat irresponsible due to the dispersement pattern....

Anders

Cost?

Several people have asked what I paid. I paid $2,000, but a friend of mine who paints full time, did all the work, and the car was in excellent shape, so limited prep was needed. Just scuffing.

A little bit tricky to motivate my decision since the process evaluation becomes subjective immediately. I received quotes from Collex, Maaco, and another two local painters. Maaco was by far the cheapest at $1,000, but I just don't trust them. Too many BBB complaints and I don't like the constant "upselling". I also see several cars (BBB complaints) sitting outside after scuffing, which invites rust immediately. Collex might be the best but they wanted $6,500, with the exact same scope as I elected to go with. I will not know until a few years down the road if thie was the right decision, but I trust my friend....

Last edited:
If you add pin stripes...then there will be two of us!

IMG_0011-2.jpg

Anders said:
Several people have asked what I paid. I paid $2,000, but a friend of mine who paints full time, did all the work, and the car was in excellent shape, so limited prep was needed. Just scuffing.

A little bit tricky to motivate my decision since the process evaluation becomes subjective immediately. I received quotes from Collex, Maaco, and another two local painters. Maaco was by far the cheapest at $1,000, but I just don't trust them. Too many BBB complaints and I don't like the constant "upselling". I also see several cars (BBB complaints) sitting outside after scuffing, which invites rust immediately. Collex might be the best but they wanted $6,500, with the exact same scope as I elected to go with. I will not know until a few years down the road if thie was the right decision, but I trust my friend....
Collex is NOT the best, trust me. I am in the business to know.

Bill.

seeing all these super clean black trucks almost makes me wish mine was black... guess i'll go rub on my red one a little, it sprinkled today when i went to town

Begood said:
Collex is NOT the best, trust me. I am in the business to know.

Bill.

Bill,

Who do you recommend? I really gambled on my decision. Would go to know what a pro does... please.

LoveThisTruck said:
Damn, you didn't waste any time:D Looks good man.

Thank You! Time - I am short on (yes cash of course too...) ... don't like to waste. Now, all I am looking for is a blower. If anyone would guide me in the right direction. Already have a shift kit installed, Bassani, and open exhaust so it is begging for 6-8PSI...

Yellow venom said:
If your interested in a duel side exit exhaust,I have a real nice Bassani side exit with flanges,never used,stainless steel with tips.
Yes indeed,

How much are you asking? Shipped to 48359?

Your truck is looking great.:rock: :rock:

I would def like to see the smoked headlights or night runner headlights to complete the murdered out look. Here are a couple of pics of the tinted headlights:

SupercarSundayJuly202008145.jpg

SupercarSundayJuly202008142.jpg

Anders said:
Thank You! Time - I am short on (yes cash of course too...) ... don't like to waste. Now, all I am looking for is a blower. If anyone would guide me in the right direction. Already have a shift kit installed, Bassani, and open exhaust so it is begging for 6-8PSI...

Just be ready to build the motor and tranny if you go FI.

SrtBrad said:
Your truck is looking great.:rock: :rock:

I would def like to see the smoked headlights or night runner headlights to complete the murdered out look. Here are a couple of pics of the tinted headlights:

SupercarSundayJuly202008145.jpg

SupercarSundayJuly202008142.jpg

I really like that smoked glass. I wonder if I get away with it in Michigan? Legal?

LoveThisTruck said:
Just be ready to build the motor and tranny if you go FI.

Yes I understand. A very good friend of mine is the President for Ilmor. I spoke to him about my project. They have built roughly 500 units of V-10s in the 625 - 900 hp levels, and they test cycle every one between max torque and max power for 100 hours, I got good empirical data for what needs to get done. My application is so different though with low pressure boost so it should be OK according to the engineers (with a few exceptions). Very interesting test data they had. I might ask him to pitch in here if he is interested.

Anders said:
Yes I understand. A very good friend of mine is the President for Ilmor. I spoke to him about my project. They have built roughly 500 units of V-10s in the 625 - 900 hp levels, and they test cycle every one between max torque and max power for 100 hours, I got good empirical data for what needs to get done. My application is so different though with low pressure boost so it should be OK according to the engineers (with a few exceptions). Very interesting test data they had. I might ask him to pitch in here if he is interested.

Please do:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back