Parasitic Battery Drain

Radio is the culprit you said ,, head unit , wiring or amp ?
Mine had an aftermarket head unit and was fine for weeks at a time. I put the original head unit in and it went flat in a few weeks, even with the solar panel on it. I just take the battery lead off when I put her away in the shed and put my solar panel on to keep the battery fresh

Also there is a difference between locked and unlocked. The battery does not drain as fast when locked. Unlocked it is waiting for something ....FUN. So they are not really asleep if unlocked

Figured I would bump this thread and see s any more info has come up .. Since 10 days later my own heart tried to short circuit and had to be jump started .

Or your health? That's what I'm thinking since a three year old thread ;)

Come to think of it my heart hasn't beat for Years Now!!! Geeez I almost forgot!
Lol lol

HemiLonestar???

It was the ole double whammy short circuit back then … But no I’m more interested in going after the short in my truck so I don’t have to continually disconnect the battery and get my radio back on .

Come to think of it my heart hasn't beat for Years Now!!! Geeez I almost forgot!
Lol lol

HemiLonestar???
I was going to mention about your heart .. I think we need a doctor of forum technology to get yours rocking to the best of the music again hahaha

Also there is a difference between locked and unlocked. The battery does not drain as fast when locked. Unlocked it is waiting for something ....FUN. So they are not really asleep if unlocked
It was the ole double whammy short circuit back then … But no I’m more interested in going after the short in my truck so I don’t have to continually disconnect the battery and get my radio back on .
Oh yah!! I plum 4got about the short in the truck - got it now, back up to speed

I was going to mention about your heart .. I think we need a doctor of forum technology to get yours rocking to the best of the music again hahaha
Right! These lame excuses they've all given are just lame. This advanced platform can certainly rock a gif avatar!! I think some young techie type could figure it out :eek::eek:

I'll probably be banned now

Right! These lame excuses they've all given are just lame. This advanced platform can certainly rock a gif avatar!! I think some young techie type could figure it out :eek::eek:

I'll probably be banned now
Banned , no ! We all know 3 year olds know more about tech than adults hahaha

Oh yah!! I plum 4got about the short in the truck - got it now, back up to speed
Yeah ! The main thing is to get the trucks ticking back like new and your heart .

This is a good thread! I read it and actually learned a few things

This is a good thread! I read it and actually learned a few things
Electrical problems are a pain in the a$$ 99.9% f the time .. the more info and techniques along with the right tools and how to use them can help .. I learned the hard way when I first started in auto repair .. the head mechanic old timer had me go check the fuses on a car .. I did , pulled it out looked at it , appeared to be good and went back and told him . Well he later called me over and showed me that you can’t always see Visually if something is good or bad ,,, you need to test it .. In this case a simple test light would have found that the fuse was actually bad which would have saved time and headaches . Lesson learned !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back