Passing emissions

ontariobee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i had previously bought a used set of cats off a member here. They worked good for about 400 miles and I got a code that one sh*t the bed. Anyway, I have to get an emission test as soon as my bring my truck out in the spring. I have a Dec. birthday and need new plate stickers. The way they do emission testing here is hook into the plug under the dash, if all the tests ran and were successful you pass, if anything has failed or hasn't run, you fail. So is there an easy way i could do a cheap fix or will i have to replace the cats? Thanks in advance

Ha, move to Texas----no cats, no problem. Always a place to get her inspected. The farming community can't run cats as it will catch the grass of fire so many inspectors do not look for cats. Small counties population wise do not have to sniff test.

Realize this is not what you were looking for but sometimes being a red neck ain't too bad. Someone here will chime in and tell you what is the correct path to follow----OLD COLT maybe?

I would replace the faulty high-flow cat. But if you don't want to do that, have Torrie send you a cat-delete tune. It turns off the rear O2 sensors....no codes, you should be good to go. Another option is to replace the O2 sensor, as it may be the problem. They are available at NAPA.

So i had previously bought a used set of cats off a member here. They worked good for about 400 miles and I got a code that one sh*t the bed. Anyway, I have to get an emission test as soon as my bring my truck out in the spring. I have a Dec. birthday and need new plate stickers. The way they do emission testing here is hook into the plug under the dash, if all the tests ran and were successful you pass, if anything has failed or hasn't run, you fail. So is there an easy way i could do a cheap fix or will i have to replace the cats? Thanks in advance

Remove it and check if the front cat is starting to melt shut. If so the engine is putting excessive fuel or oil into it.

If I get rid of mine I would be happy to sell them to you. Not quite sure if that's the route I'm going yet. In Ohio we have no emissions testing. They are off of a 05 with 45k on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply's, i don't have front cats. I removed all four stock ones and put on two high flows, i should have mentioned that. I do still have my 4 factory cats that i could get put back in. I am going to fix it right but being i need a new plate sticker and have to get it etested first, the second i pull onto the road i'm risking a ticket. If i get a tune from torrie will that make the sensors not run at all? if so that is considered a fail as well. everything has to have done a full test cycle on the computer and successfully in order to pass it

Thanks for the reply's, i don't have front cats. I removed all four stock ones and put on two high flows, i should have mentioned that. I do still have my 4 factory cats that i could get put back in. I am going to fix it right but being i need a new plate sticker and have to get it etested first, the second i pull onto the road i'm risking a ticket. If i get a tune from torrie will that make the sensors not run at all? if so that is considered a fail as well. everything has to have done a full test cycle on the computer and successfully in order to pass it

talk to Torrie. Nevada doesn't do a visual but everything has to test successfully. I've got belangers and 2 high flow only, rear sensors tied up out of the way and passed with flying colors

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back