paxton sc

Randall488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been plannin to supercharge the 8.0 for a long tome now and was lookin to pick a few brains for input, Im going with a centrifugal sc and the beat I've seen is the paxton novi 2000. But I ain't sure what all it would take to get my obd1 truck to play nice with all the expensive parts I plan to buy for it.

Advice? Oh and o2 sensors... is there something I can do to get rid of them or fool them?

I'm not wanting to go completely off the wall with this, I really don't want to pull more than 7-8 pounds of boost. I planned on keeping the stock 8.4:1 compression ratio.

i sold mine about 6 months ago,had a paxton novi 2000 on it.i had a speed shop install it...but i might be able to answer some of your questions.

Attachments

• DSC00721.jpg
    DSC00721.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00681small.jpg
    DSC00681small.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 732
  • DSC00866.jpg
    DSC00866.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 128
Power gaons, internal mods, fuel mileage, driveabilty, fun to drive?

stock internals,fuel mileage actually went up on the highway,drove just like a stock truck,until it went into boost,down-shifted and took off:D never had it on a dyno,i think paxton claimed a 45% hp gain. pulled my 7,000# boat like it wasn't there (gobs of torque). my system actually had 3 fuel injectors on the down stream side of the blower. worked with stock ecm,kit came with a fuel pump and their electronics.... never had a problem with it:rock: i had to tap into the oil pan for a return line on lube system. had a kool whistle to it!:D

Also figure in a forge bottom end.

The crank and rods will be fine up to a certain point. But you will need a good forged piston set. You will also want a good tune, find someone that knows these motors. After that don't get to greedy with the boost, you should have lots of fun!!!!

The crank and rods will be fine up to a certain point. But you will need a good forged piston set. You will also want a good tune, find someone that knows these motors. After that don't get to greedy with the boost, you should have lots of fun!!!!

he has the "iron" v-10 (488 C.I.)....pistons can handle it:rock:

Acctually the iron 488 came out of the box with forged aluminum pistons... I agree with caveman though it went too cheap! What year was it. I'm worried the electronics wont work on my 95..

Imma guess 99..? The sport front end looks good in black.

Acctually the iron 488 came out of the box with forged aluminum pistons... I agree with caveman though it went too cheap! What year was it. I'm worried the electronics wont work on my 95..

Imma guess 99..? The sport front end looks good in black.

yep...99

WOW! Sanchoba that black V-10 of yours was a beast. I know you sold it but very nice truck. :drool:

I have the Paxton kit on my stock truck with exhaust. Drives like stock and really wakes the truck up a lot! Having come from a Lightning to the 10, I needed the Boost :)

DSC_1266.jpg

if the kit is complete and you have instructions, should be good to go:D
does your kit have the 3 suplemental injectors?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back