Paxton with headers

blown04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys mounting the paxton intercooler if you have headers? Seems the plate for the HEAT EXCHANGER :) is supposed to mount to the outside of the exhaust manifold and doesn't get over to the left enough to support it.

Last edited:
Notch the plate (steel) that supports the Heat-Exchanger, it's not an intercooler.

The steel is thick, take your time..:elefant:

That thing in front of the radiator, that's the intercooler..:aetsch:

quick_silver-albums-quick_silver-s-best-picture3789-new-inter-cooler-dcperformance-002.jpg

And here are the headers in place along with everything else.....

quick_silver-albums-new-photo-album-picture18987-dsc-0102.jpg

Quick

Last edited:
I'm having heat exchanger envy ;) Yours is a lot bigger than mine... obviously an upgrade...can you tell me about it?

Last edited:
I'm having the same dilema. Will be installing a set of Bassani headers and I need to figure out a way to modify the bracket. Dont want to mount on top of the intake.

Quick, would u mind snapping a couple of pics of ur bracket? I would greatly appreciate it. There's another member here Getusum, he's also trying to get me some pics. A few of us here will be going to a Paxton setup with headers, very soon. And this would be very helpful.

I have the Longtubes and this would be very helpful pics are much appreciated

can you tell me about the intercooler in front of your radiator...its not the little oil cooler one that comes with the kit.....what upgrade did you go with?

That's a custom one, made by DC performance. Go to frozenboost.com, they have some larger heat exchangers.

SANTEEN said:
I'm having the same dilema. Will be installing a set of Bassani headers and I need to figure out a way to modify the bracket. Dont want to mount on top of the intake.

Quick, would u mind snapping a couple of pics of ur bracket? I would greatly appreciate it. There's another member here Getusum, he's also trying to get me some pics. A few of us here will be going to a Paxton setup with headers, very soon. And this would be very helpful.

You won't be able to get the Bassani's without some major modifying and customizing.

1fast10 said:
what about the american rcing long tubes

remember that i have my oem manifolds and you can get them ported and coated from Tony if you needed to.....

1fast10 said:
what about the american rcing long tubes

If I'm not mistaken all of the long tubes will be ok with clearance. The only ones that have issues are the Bassani's

LitemUp said:
You won't be able to get the Bassani's without some major modifying and customizing.
According to George, it's just minor knotching of the upper control arm. For what I got these headers for, I'll modify it. ;)

I have belanger headers..........will be looking for a larger intercooler...

Here's another option for mounting a larger intercooler.

Attachments

• IMG00060-20100715-1824.jpg
    IMG00060-20100715-1824.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG00061-20100715-1824.jpg
    IMG00061-20100715-1824.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 48
SANTEEN said:
According to George, it's just minor knotching of the upper control arm. For what I got these headers for, I'll modify it. ;)

You will need to do that as well as fabbing up a new bracket for the water/air aftercooler (You might also need to relocate it cuz its going to be sitting a lot closer to the headers, and those thing give off a lot heat.)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back