PCM Flash Question...

kickinassrt-10 said:
that's what I'm realizing. I called about 15 dyno shops around me...6 of those are out of business and 3 were all into jap tuning. The others didn't seem to on it fir dodge not to mention the SRT model. Out of those was this one guy who had a good website. When I called they actually answered and he was on the dyno. He got off the dyno and came to the phone to talk and inform me for about 10 minutes. Knew what he was talking about answered all my question plus more. Said he can dyno tune the truck but I need o bring the software for the SCT tuner, wasn't sure if that is a sign and if he knows about the tq management thing on qc's. Seemed sharp and dies high end cars.
I'll most likely post a thread later this week when I get ready to make a decision.

My local dyno shop, is an sct dealer. He did an awesome job on my mustang, so when I got found out about the sct fo the truck I talked to him about it. Now keep in mind this was a couple years ago but he would have to buy the software from sct just to tune the SRT's, and that there wasn't enough market around here to even pay for the software. I don't remember what he said I would cost, but I do remember sct liked their software alot! Also talked to a certain someone in Evansville IN about it, many many moons ago, and he said the same thing. Hopefuly I'm wrong and things have changed!

Also I think the sct would be the way to go for both of you.:rock:

Last edited:
linemup said:
My local dyno shop, is an sct dealer. He did an awesome job on my mustang, so when I got found out about the sct fo the truck I talked to him about it. Now keep in mind this was a couple years ago but he would have to buy the software from sct just to tune the SRT's, and that there wasn't enough market around here to even pay for the software. I don't remember what he said I would cost, but I do remember sct liked their software alot! Also talked to a certain someone in Evansville IN about it, many many moons ago, and he said the same thing. Hopefuly I'm wrong and things have changed!

Also I think the sct would be the way to go for both of you.:rock:
I thought you can get the sct software of their site? Or is it a different software they need for the dyno tuning?

Stinker said:
[email protected]

tell him the stink sent ya.

his customer service is awesome as well as his prices guys, and he gives excellent after the sale service:rock: :rock: :rock:

if I was going NOX then i would go SCT, that way you dont take chances with the timing, you can have different tunes for everyday driving, and for NOX

Listen to the stink.......Torrie tuned my truck with the SCT..I doubt I would have an SCT today if not for him. During the tuning he had trouble getting anything to work. He finally realized that my "new" SCT I bought from a former vendor here did not have the required patch to make it work on a 2006 truck. He was surprised as this meant my SCT was over 2yrs old.

Fortunely Torrie was able to load the patch onto my SCT...The reason he could do this is because he developed the patch for SCT. I doubt any other tuner would have been able to resolve the problem. This is not to say the other tuners/vendors on this site are not good..I just think if you need a complicated tune done generic tunes are not the way to go.

Torrie also worked with Roe to develop the tunes for his SC. I received an email from Torrie a couple days ago with video of the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO R&D car he is currently developing a tune for. He dropped the SHO's et about 1 full second with just tuning and no other mods...he is still working on it and expects the car to turn high 12s with just a tune.....this is a 2 ton + car with a turbo 6.......

If you look at the timeslip section you will notice that my truck is the quickest non-nitrous Roe SC truck listed....soon to be even quicker when Torrie retunes for the extra 2 LBs boost I now have from Stinker's 7" crank pulley..;)

kickinassrt-10 said:
I thought you can get the sct software of their site? Or is it a different software they need for the dyno tuning?

That's what I'm not totaly sure on, when it was explained to me, and this has been a while, who ever does the dyno tuning, needs specific dyno tuning software. Maybe I misunderstood, or things have changed, since the 10's aren't too "new".

If you or someone else finds out otherwise, let me know!

linemup said:
That's what I'm not totaly sure on, when it was explained to me, and this has been a while, who ever does the dyno tuning, needs specific dyno tuning software. Maybe I misunderstood, or things have changed, since the 10's aren't too "new".

If you or someone else finds out otherwise, let me know!
I'll call the guy I plan on going to, tomorrow. See what he says.

from what I understand and could be wrong, the software is between $350-$500? and a pro package up to $2500 or something to that effect, I checked on it once , but thats longer than 3 hours ago:D

Stinker said:
from what I understand and could be wrong, the software is between $350-$500? and a pro package up to $2500 or something to that effect, I checked on it once , but thats longer than 3 hours ago:D

lol 3 hours............... Is that as far back as you can go? Did they ship my e-cutouts yet?:argh:

05QCSRT10 said:
lol 3 hours............... Is that as far back as you can go? Did they ship my e-cutouts yet?:argh:
LOLOL he was supposed to friday or the last of the week, thats the one call I didnt make today but will inthe morning to be sure buddy:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back