PCM Flash Question...

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which is better, B&G Flash or DC Performance Flash? I just want my PCM flashed for my exhaust, intake, and possible a 75-100 shot n2o...

B&G sold the tune to DC so IMO B&G is the originator and the way to go....plus I believe they tune for actual MOPAR

Psycho Mythic said:
So which is better, B&G Flash or DC Performance Flash? I just want my PCM flashed for my exhaust, intake, and possible a 75-100 shot n2o...

get a sct with three tunes ,,,a n2o tune takes some timing out ,,if you dont run n2o all the time on the street you could reload better tune for street driving then load a n2o tune when you try to out run Crackerjack at the gtg ,s:D

plus if you throw a check engine light you can clear it and see what code you have ,,

right now you can get a good deal on one ;;;i just got three tunes for my 99 iron madian 3/4 ton v-10 for 275 total ,,,thats sct tuner and tunes

Ironhead said:
get a sct with three tunes ,,,a n2o tune takes some timing out ,,if you dont run n2o all the time on the street you could reload better tune for street driving then load a n2o tune when you try to out run Crackerjack at the gtg ,s:D

plus if you throw a check engine light you can clear it and see what code you have ,,

right now you can get a good deal on one ;;;i just got three tunes for my 99 iron madian 3/4 ton v-10 for 275 total ,,,thats sct tuner and tunes
Doesnt the SCT start to give you problems after awhile? We have an OBDII scanner so checking and clearing lights doesnt matter...

Psycho Mythic said:
Doesnt the SCT start to give you problems after awhile? We have an OBDII scanner so checking and clearing lights doesnt matter...

never had any problem with mine had it over three years :dontknow:

I'm switching to SCT this week also....Just for the simple fact that I tow once in a while and it would be easier to switch tunes that way...
Plus I want to dyno it and get it tuned locally, which plenty of dyno shops can do with the SCT software

[email protected]

tell him the stink sent ya.

his customer service is awesome as well as his prices guys, and he gives excellent after the sale service:rock: :rock: :rock:

if I was going NOX then i would go SCT, that way you dont take chances with the timing, you can have different tunes for everyday driving, and for NOX

Psycho Mythic said:

Some of the factory e.c.u.s are pretty smart and try to write back to the original programming over time. So, reinstall the performance program every once in a while.

No problems with mine.

Ronnie

Ironhead said:

Where did you get yours with 3 tunes for $275??

pm sent ;) mind you this was for an iron ten not a viper ten ,,,the vendors here can do tunes also ,,,so dont think im trying to rob vendors of a sale ,,im just telling what i did for the ol iron madine 3/4 ton,,,so dont throw rocks at me cause im sore as hell still from putting them headers on the 3/4 ton:D

Last edited:
kickinassrt-10 said:
B&G sold the tune to DC so IMO B&G is the originator and the way to go....plus I believe they tune for actual MOPAR

I was told that they developed the AUTO trans portion ONLY
NOT the whole tune :dontknow:

I have actually had both and DC is the better of the two
runs cooler,runs smoother,less popping ,and felt stronger :rock:

never having had a QC ,I can't say what the difference may or may not be there

I am hearing lots of good things about Torrie at Unleashed ,too (but have not had actual experience)
IF I were going with nitrous,I would get an SCT
otherwise ,they have had some "issues" and aren't worth the money ,IMO

Last edited:
Stinker said:
[email protected]

tell him the stink sent ya.

his customer service is awesome as well as his prices guys, and he gives excellent after the sale service:rock: :rock: :rock:

if I was going NOX then i would go SCT, that way you dont take chances with the timing, you can have different tunes for everyday driving, and for NOX
Is torrie's shop in jacksonville?

HOT RAM said:
I was told that they developed the AUTO trans portion ONLY
NOT the whole tune :dontknow:

I have actually had both and DC is the better of the two
runs cooler,runs smoother,less popping ,and felt stronger :rock:

never having had a QC ,I can't say what the difference may or may not be there

I am hearing lots of good things about Torrie at Unleashed ,too (but have not had actual experience)
IF I were going with nitrous,I would get an SCT
otherwise ,they have had some "issues" and aren't worth the money ,IMO
I guess everyone hears or is told different. Dave from B&G told me they developed the tune and sold it off to DC also said they tune for Mopar performance :dontknow: I have a B&G right now in a QC and it's awesome...i'm getting ready to sell my B&G PCM though bc I tow sometimes and don't like switching pcms out and I got an SCT that I'm going to have dyno tuned locally by Horsepower Logic.

Stinker said:
below jacksonville
if you send a dyno sheet to Torrie can he get more out of the tune by using the dyno sheet or is all SCT tunes about the same result?

kickinassrt-10 said:
if you send a dyno sheet to Torrie can he get more out of the tune by using the dyno sheet or is all SCT tunes about the same result?
He can do it three of four different ways I am almost sure of.

he can send you a tune and if you have a air/fuel let him know what its doing and he can adjust
or he can do it on a dyno , and dyno tune it.
or send you a generic set.

not saying he is the absolute best out there, but so far everyone seems to be pleased, plus I would always, allways, check with three or four diffeent tuners if nothing else but to ask questions of each and see how they respond.
some can give you a different vibe and they dont set well with ya, now matter how good they are.

so do some checkng around, locality is a big plus for most, since traveling jsut for a tune can be costly at times

Stinker said:
He can do it three of four different ways I am almost sure of.

he can send you a tune and if you have a air/fuel let him know what its doing and he can adjust
or he can do it on a dyno , and dyno tune it.
or send you a generic set.

not saying he is the absolute best out there, but so far everyone seems to be pleased, plus I would always, allways, check with three or four diffeent tuners if nothing else but to ask questions of each and see how they respond.
some can give you a different vibe and they dont set well with ya, now matter how good they are.

so do some checkng around, locality is a big plus for most, since traveling jsut for a tune can be costly at times
that's what I'm realizing. I called about 15 dyno shops around me...6 of those are out of business and 3 were all into jap tuning. The others didn't seem to on it fir dodge not to mention the SRT model. Out of those was this one guy who had a good website. When I called they actually answered and he was on the dyno. He got off the dyno and came to the phone to talk and inform me for about 10 minutes. Knew what he was talking about answered all my question plus more. Said he can dyno tune the truck but I need o bring the software for the SCT tuner, wasn't sure if that is a sign and if he knows about the tq management thing on qc's. Seemed sharp and dies high end cars.
I'll most likely post a thread later this week when I get ready to make a decision.

kickinassrt-10 said:
that's what I'm realizing. I called about 15 dyno shops around me...6 of those are out of business and 3 were all into jap tuning. The others didn't seem to on it fir dodge not to mention the SRT model. Out of those was this one guy who had a good website. When I called they actually answered and he was on the dyno. He got off the dyno and came to the phone to talk and inform me for about 10 minutes. Knew what he was talking about answered all my question plus more. Said he can dyno tune the truck but I need o bring the software for the SCT tuner, wasn't sure if that is a sign and if he knows about the tq management thing on qc's. Seemed sharp and dies high end cars.
I'll most likely post a thread later this week when I get ready to make a decision.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back