Performance and Exhaust Mod Question (Warning Rookie!)

SRT10R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I kind of have list of questions and wanna get opinions from the veterens on here. Keep in mind im still tryin to figure out whats all done to my truck since ive only purchased it a few weeks ago. What i know it has is Bellanger headers with magnaflow muffler and Volant CAI for the performance stuff (not enough i know lol) The Truck is a 05 RC

First with the Exhaust.

I know i have bellanger headers to IDK what cats then back to a single magnaflow muffler to the duals out the back the says megs on the tips. From reading on here I see alot of guys saying to take out the cats to open the exhaust up some more? On that note too i was thinking about doin electronic dumps(Just think they are cool) and i would finish the dumps out the sides in front of the back wheels like previous guys have. Am i on the right track here or no? If i had the exhaust shop get rid of the cats would they just make a new bung for the O2 sensor? Does someone make cat delete section?

Second: I know there is no tuner on the truck and the pcm is stock. I wanna get a tuner for the truck but I dont know if i should wait to do a couple more things first that Im planning on doin then buy it and give torrie my list of mods? Im tryin to find the cheapest route here without sacrificing hurt on the motor. Plans are to get a tb and the pulley with it as well. So do i wait for the tuner after those things? Would it be smart to get a baseline dyno then add the new exhaust idea and new parts get the dyno results from that and send them to torrie? Im just tryin to not break the bank on having to buy new maps each time I do stuff?

Sorry if I come of like a complete idiot but im tryin to take all these things I read and put um together and my mind is gettin all jumbled and tryin to fit that into a 25 year olds budget lol Any help is greatly appreciated! If i goin the wrong way here dont be afraid to tell me im dumb and i should do something else

As far as the tuner I would probably wait till I got all mods make a list of them as you add on so you won't forget any thing I'm kinda in the same boat but my mech explain it to me some thing there are no retuning but it gives you a chance to see what you went from after the tuner

Its alright man don't worry bout sounding like a rookie.. hell Im still s rookie just read ALOT of threads and find out whose done what and get ur general idea and such... you'll be fine...

You can get a tuner from Torrie at Unleasedtuning.com. Dropping the cats is good for maybe 20hp from what I read. Throttle body you can get a BBK or Roe Racing or JTSVP. Under drive pulley, JTSVP or Rotten Ronnie. FYI there is nothing cheap on our trucks, you gotta pay to play. Electronic dumps will sound like @$$ on our trucks, just rock the mangaflow till it dies. Welcome to the asylum aka the RBC.

I will talk with you at the ICC but I can port your stock tb maybe save you some coin from paying for another

As far as exhaust goes your on the right track with what you got and wanting to remove the cats and yes the exhaust shop will be able to weld in no 02 bungs for you, but do your sell a favor and do not do the cut outs. Our v10s just dont sound all that good off the headers IMO.

Cant go wrong with BBK throttle body :rock:

You can get tuner now with tunes and as you add mods torrie can adjust tunes from what ive been told but you would need to email him ( Fast Parts Network - Home )

K sounds like ill ditch the whole electronic dumps idea but I think im gonna cut the thats out tonight. Id like to just get an aftermarket tb so i still have the stock one in case id ever wanna turn it back to stock. The thing with the tunes is that i heard it cost like 200 to get new maps from torrie and id rather not shell out 389 for the tuner then 2 months later another 200 for the maps. So thats kinda why i was wondering if itd hurt to wait. and what three maps should i have him make? An 87 map, a safe 91 map, and a performance 91/93 map? each map tuned for the stuff i got done?

You could also get a B&G stage2 PCM which would cover those variables, just another option for ya.

Got a tuner from Torrie and he made adjustments to my tunes 2 times and he didn't charge me extra.

Got a tuner from Torrie and he made adjustments to my tunes 2 times and he didn't charge me extra.

Yea thats what i thought he did also thats why i told him that. Hey Arnie Tribal636 is bringin me his RC to do new coils on Monday the 3rd and were gonna see if we can get him on the dyno later in the day, so give me a call/text that day if your down to dyno also and ill see whats up. Im sure we can do both you and Tribals dyno pulls pretty cheap just to check h/p and AF #s.

Yea thats what i thought he did also thats why i told him that. Hey Arnie Tribal636 is bringin me his RC to do new coils on Monday the 3rd and were gonna see if we can get him on the dyno later in the day, so give me a call/text that day if your down to dyno also and ill see whats up. Im sure we can do both you and Tribals dyno pulls pretty cheap just to check h/p and AF #s.

Let me know around what time are you guys going to be out there. I migh be able to make it.

Let me know around what time are you guys going to be out there. I migh be able to make it.

Cool man. Josh is coming to my house in the AM and itll take a few hours so im thinkin sometime after 2-3pm but i still gotta talk to my boy and see if he wants to open shop that day or not

Cool man. Josh is coming to my house in the AM and itll take a few hours so im thinkin sometime after 2-3pm but i still gotta talk to my boy and see if he wants to open shop that day or not

I will be in san Diego on Monday but I should be back by that time.

As far as the throttle body goes, rare03srt10 put the JTSVP one on my truck for me Monday. There is a definite improvement in throttle response. We werent able to get on the dyno due to a scheduling conflict but the butt dyno definitely likes the addition. Screamin Demon coils, JTSVP wires, and new plugs were also added at the same time so they most likely added to the increase in throttle response.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back